Final Fantasy XV at E3 - Yes or No? Time to stake your pride!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Final Fantasy XV be at E3?

• Yes, with a live demo (public or press-only)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Yes, with a trailer containing at least some new footage

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • No. It'll be swept under the rug for this year's show.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I don't think one of them is FFXV. Wasn't there some rumor about a new Deus Ex? And what about a Tomb Raider sequel?
I'm pretty sure they're going to introduce the next Deux Ex this E3, yeah. Hell, I'm really excited for that one, I loved HR.

As for Tomb Raider... isn't it a bit soon? I mean, with the reboot having launched last year and the remastered version this January. Of course, they could show a little teaser or something. Or even another game, they have a lot of IPs in their Western teams (or maybe a new one, although I doubt it).

So, yeah, I think those are basically going to be Eidos games (BTW, Hitman has been confirmed to no be there, right?), since it would be pretty silly not announcing that XV is gonna be there, that would make for a cheap surprise. But well, it's S-E.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Deus Ex, Just Cause 3 and Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars come to mind. Hitman was already confirmed to not show up on the developers website. Not sure on Tomb Raider.

It's a smaller booth this year so I'm not expecting too much.

Japanese wise, we can probably expect Final Fantasy XIV, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Deus Ex, Just Cause 3 and Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars come to mind. Hitman was already confirmed to not show up on the developers website. Not sure on Tomb Raider.

It's a smaller booth this year so I'm not expecting too much.

Japanese wise, we can probably expect Final Fantasy XIV, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.
FFXIV is 100% confirmed :)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/86af34232d3ede60cfa6bcf858637ba6bb1aa3ff

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Oh, I totally forgot the Sleeping Dogs sequel! Damn, I love that game, the Eidos purchase is worth it if only for HR and SD, I had a blast with both of them.

And good to see that XIV is confirmed, room for more games, I hope (even if they have been already announced, I don't think they are going to have many new things). I think that Squirrel's guesses are spot on (whether the combination of those two unannounced games is).

Sep 26, 2013
http://gematsu.com/2014/06/twitch-announces-e3-2014-streaming-schedule

Alright, here you have it.

Square Enix has two showings planned for "unannounced games", meaning they haven't specified which games they are. Both of these showings will last 20 minutes. The first is scheduled for Wednesday, June 11, at 12:00 PM, noon. Their second display is scheduled for Thursday, June 12, at 12:20 PM.

They've also scheduled an event for "Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade", on June 11th at 12:20 PM, right after the first unannounced showing.

My prediction is that the first, on the 11th, will be for FF XV.

Their second, on the 12th, will be for KH 2.5 HD...and whatever else they'd like to spring on us, like a Type-0 Vita remaster. I can't see them spending 20 minutes on any game other than FF XV, and that's sincerely all I want from them this year. XV, 2.5, and Type-0 for the Vita. I can't see KH III being shown again.
As much as I really, really hope one of those is XV, I wouldn't be upset if one was Deus Ex.

...I really like Deus Ex please don't be mad at me...

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
As much as I really, really hope one of those is XV, I wouldn't be upset if one was Deus Ex.

...I really like Deus Ex please don't be mad at me...
Ahaha, don't worry about it. I mean, one can argue that those time slots could be for anything.

It's practically a matter of courtesy, at this point. Showing up and not saying anything would be horribly awkward.

I'm starting to reconsider my vote though, after playing some armchair business(wo)man.

Focus the predominantly western event on the Eidos side's games that are likelier to come out before FFXV ever will (Deus Ex, Triad Wars, maybe even Tomb Raider, etc.), and keep the Japanese side to a much more muted show of FFXIV, KH 2.5 and Theatrhythm.

Put in the effort in making a trailer or two for TGS when it's 1) a Japanese event where a proper FFXV media blowout would bestow it with much needed relevance, and what better way to stoke the home audience's interest upfront in purchasing a new console box; and 2) September = further along in development and presumably closer to going gold.

It would kind of fit the sort of controlled information stream they're going for, even if it's bloody annoying to be deprived of yet another upcoming opportunity to see the game, but what can you do? Just don't tell me there's any further development trouble either, because that's more ammunition to go around.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I'm starting to reconsider my vote though, after playing some armchair business(wo)man.

Focus the predominantly western event on the Eidos side's games that are likelier to come out before FFXV ever will (Deus Ex, Triad Wars, maybe even Tomb Raider, etc.), and keep the Japanese side to a much more muted show of FFXIV, KH 2.5 and Theatrhythm.

Put in the effort in making a trailer or two for TGS when it's 1) a Japanese event where a proper FFXV media blowout would bestow it with much needed relevance, and what better way to stoke the home audience's interest upfront in purchasing a new console box; and 2) September = further along in development and presumably closer to going gold.

It would kind of fit the sort of controlled information stream they're going for, even if it's bloody annoying to be deprived of yet another upcoming opportunity to see the game, but what can you do? Just don't tell me there's any further development trouble either, because that's more ammunition to go around.
You do have a point. If i recall didn't they say it would be given its release in an actual FF event? TGS makes sense. Although i still do believe we will get some sort of major info.

Sep 26, 2013
I'm not sure I agree with this whole TGS makes more sense because it's their home turf thing. Final Fantasy sells more in English speaking territories than it does in Japan, if you take the UK into account along with NA, and I don't think it's an accident that they chose E3 for the re-reveal and more or less skipped TGS that same year. Sure Japan is their home turf, but they don't seem interested in only selling to Japan anymore. The multiplatform move was definitely not for Japan, and I don't think the decision of when to show XV again will have anything to do with pleasing any particular territory and more to do with what they're able to prepare given their current progress on the game. Both markets are huge, and I think they intend to pander as well as they can to both simultaneously. It's not like Japanese fans won't have their eyes on E3; it's a global event.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I think TGS will have a showing and maybe be the time we get even more info than during E3. But I think E3 will at least get a long trailer. Just TGS will expand on what was in the trailer and maybe have the r-date is E3 doesn't.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Yeah but on the other hand I think XV has been overshadowed by other titles for quite some time now. This is the perfect time to show the game.
True. And after LR was done, didn't Square openly say the all focus was gonna be put on 15 to get it finish. And now with commercials in JPN of 15 and PS4 already out with no big name RPGs on it. Wouldn't this be a good time to put a big name RPG out and be the first RPG well received RPG on the system? I remember when 10 came out on PS2 and for a while that game basically set the tone for a lot of RPGs to come after it. It's be a good idea to do that with 15 too. It could be Square start of a comeback in the fans eyes. And if the game's good, it'll be the start of the comeback in their investors' eyes. And if it sell well, it'll be the start of a comeback in their own eyes financially.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I believe it will appear. Albeit, in a miniscule form. I think a live demo is a bit reaching. Square-Enix has been very dodgy when asked about the progress of the game. So I don't have a lot of faith the gameplay side of things is coming along well. Who knows, though. They may actually surprise us again like they did last year.

Loki Darkstrom

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 3, 2014
Valhalla
Thinking that the Final Fantasy XV is far into the production stage, it sounds likely that a demo might appear! If not at E3 then perhaps in one of the next upcoming shows