Final Fantasy XV at E3 - Yes or No? Time to stake your pride!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Final Fantasy XV be at E3?

• Yes, with a live demo (public or press-only)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Yes, with a trailer containing at least some new footage

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • No. It'll be swept under the rug for this year's show.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It'll likely get mentioned, in which case everyone that voted "No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown" will have been correct (and a winner picked from that).

I don't see how they can go the entire E3 without it even being mentioned at all. Even journalists will ask the question about where it is, so that does count as it being mentioned?

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
It'll likely get mentioned, in which case everyone that voted "No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown" will have been correct (and a winner picked from that).

I don't see how they can go the entire E3 without it even being mentioned at all. Even journalists will ask the question about where it is, so that does count as it being mentioned?
Well technically they could. That is assuming they already have an event lined up fr it outside of these conferences. I believe at some point someone at square said the stuff would be revealed at an event specifically for 15.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Well technically they could. That is assuming they already have an event lined up fr it outside of these conferences. I believe at some point someone at square said the stuff would be revealed at an event specifically for 15.
Anything is possible. Not like TGS is a lock yet. Could be another 1st PD fan event for all we know.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I closed the poll right after Hashimoto's interview. After E3, I'll pick a winner from the right answer. We still don't know if they'll push out a trailer with 10 seconds of new footage on Tuesday morning, for instance.

To be clear, a mention in this context means something from SE without being prompted/asked - IE a mention in a press release, banners in the booth, the old trailer being included on the big cinema screen reel they run throughout the show, etc.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Now that E3 isn't about 15, what is the next runner up for more sought-after game that WILL be at E3?
Something from Nintendo, definitely. Any Zelda game, and hopefully, DQ VII 3DS.

In terms of what SE could still bring, Type-0 HD...and even XII HD, if they're still seeking to "surprise" us this year.

Now that E3 isn't about 15, what is the next runner up for more sought-after game that WILL be at E3?
At this point, it's up to the Eidos side to deliver, hopefully with a Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs sequel, though I also expect Crystal Dynamics' next game, which is likely to be a Tomb Raider followup, to debut as well. I'm a fan of the Tomb Raider franchise, but not enamoured by the direction the reboot(?) game took, but I'm still very eager to see another one.

I think X will make an appearance, and one to make up for no FFXV, as well as the next Zelda, hopefully. Then there are others, like Batman Arkham Knight (one glance at your avatar suggests you probably concur =P), Dragon Age Inquisition, Star Wars: Battlefront, Dishonored 2, Platinum's rumoured new game, etc. Even Project Beast I'm keen to see, even though I'm a rubbish gamer and I've no hope for success in From's other Souls games, haha.

If I can dream, I would dream of Type-0 HD, FFXII HD, Dragon Quest VII, new Mass Effect, Persona 5, a good shooter sequel to something I loved, like an actual new Timesplitters game, and Bulletstorm. I'll even dream of some earlier Dragon Quests for mobile.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I think X will make an appearance, and one to make up for no FFXV, as well as the next Zelda, hopefully.
X will most likely be there. Comes out this fiscal year and Soraya Saga retweeted the Digital Event.

Aonuma said that he would talk more about the next Zelda game at E3 too.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I think X will make an appearance, and one to make up for no FFXV, as well as the next Zelda, hopefully. Then there are others, like Batman Arkham Knight (one glance at your avatar suggests you probably concur =P)...
I'd love to play Batman AK. But it's been pushed back even though I fully paid it off. All I can hope for is gameplay trailers. Batman games story's aren't usually more than 30 hrs. So any spoilers would ruin the majority of it. So no story info anymore than they have so far.

Well I hope Type-0 is back on the table to come over the US. And if not, I hope they at least have other RPGs I would want. Years keep passing and I keep missing the days in the early 2000s where RPGs came out like clockwork and if one was bad, you had a laundry list of others to choose from. Now it's so bad that indie devs are dubbing their games "the revival of the JRPG".

Looks like it. As far as I know of, not one word was muttered of it outside of the context of people asking where the hell it is.

Really poor showing by SE this year anyway that not even Type-0 HD's announcement can make up for when Vita fans have been thoroughly let down, despite their prominence in the grassroots movement.

We have Rise of the Tomb Raider, but the rest of Eidos forgot to show up. A Square-Enix E3 without even a new Deus Ex or Triad Wars. They managed to disappoint me even with my lowered expectations.