Final Fantasy XV Focuses on Brotherhood

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Kotaku did a Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Q&A with Director Hajime Tabata and was asked how do Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy XV differ from each other.

6) How do Type-0 and Final Fantasy XV differ?

When you see Final Fantasy Type-o in action on a big screen, it's hard not to think of Square's big E3 2013 presentation of Final Fantasy XV. There's blinking, jumping, and all sorts of high-octane action that makes it all feel more Kingdom Hearts, less traditional Final Fantasy.

So I asked Tabata to describe some of the differences between the two games. Though he said he couldn't talk much about the combat in XV, he did offer this:

"As an over-arching theme, Type-0 is a war-themed game, so it's kind of like a war movie in a sense. Whereas XV is a road trip kind of movie and adventure that focuses on brotherhood. The overarching theme is kind of different in terms of scenario."
Source: http://kotaku.com/eight-big-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-questions-answered-1628600728

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
This is the tone I'm expecting from this game honestly, no surprise there, nice to see that it's even more confirmed. Hoping to see some sort of information this TGS.

Jul 29, 2014
Miami
Eh, they described XV in a similar way already, in the past. I guess it's just nice to see Square acknowledge XV's existence to the public.
Just luv how Gladio's in the background wailing on the enemy's vehicle while the other 2 just summarily dismiss the soldiers they're fighting by high-fiving one another.

God, I wanna play this game.

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
I'm somehow happy that they overtly stated that they want people to play Type-0 on the PS4 while they basically wait for XV to be released. After that statement, I really wouldn't be surprised if XV showed up at the TGS. If it doesn't, it's gonna hurt... :(

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Or 2 days, but given some people seem to be hinting at TGS officially instead... roughly 2 weeks, yeah. I'm pretty confident.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Nomura already said XV uses a road trip formula. So now we have the co director saying it. This makes it true evidence though I haven't seen the word brotherhood tossed around a lot. It was bonds...

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I cry at everything, seeing the announcement trailer for this game makes me cry as it is. I'm glad that we seemingly are getting a cast that isn't just a bunch of people coming together to save the world, but already have strong bonds and relationships that you will see and feel throughout the game. Allowing the story to develop without needing to build strong relationships between every character allows them more time to focus on other things.

I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing something at TGS.