Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I wonder/hope that the buttons can be configured. I would rather have jumping assigned to O, wrap assigned to square, attack assigned to X and magic/summoning/ExARTs assigned to triangle. I also hope that there isn't a limit to inventory item capacity

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Here's the final one, the Phantom Swords:

Unfortunately, "Akyueshiro" or "アキュエシロ" doesn't really translate as far as I can tell. It doesn't describe it here, but when activating the Phantom Swords, all abilities cost 0 MP, allowing you to spam them at your own will. However, activating the Phantom Swords drains your MP over the course of its duration, so you can't keep it up forever.

Hope you enjoyed learning a little about the weapons in the demo!

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Here's the final one, the Phantom Swords:

Unfortunately, "Akyueshiro" or "アキュエシロ" doesn't really translate as far as I can tell. It doesn't describe it here, but when activating the Phantom Swords, all abilities cost 0 MP, allowing you to spam them at your own will. However, activating the Phantom Swords drains your MP over the course of its duration, so you can't keep it up forever.

Hope you enjoyed learning a little about the weapons in the demo!
So are the Ex abilities the Ex Arts from earlier trailers ?

Feb 21, 2015
I just can't wait till everything comes together!!

Weapons and customization, magic, summoning, and whatever else Square has up their sleeve.

There is a lot to be expanded upon in this system. And it can only get better from here with the demo feedback!!

I'm very optimistic and immensely excited!!! =D

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Thanks for those translations @LeonBlade! I think I speak for most here when I say we all appreciate the your efforts for these bits of info. I guess it's less than a month until we find out if they were 100% correct.
Thank you, I'm glad you all appreciate them.

Nice job. Which font are you using for that by the way?
Thank you very much. I'm using Montreal Serial Regular, it matches the font used pretty closely minus a few things here and there.

So are the Ex abilities the Ex Arts from earlier trailers ?
I'm guessing so. I don't remember what Shift Break does off the top of my head, but I'm fairly certain Shift Avoid is the sword shield thing.

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
I made a few additions to the world map of Final Fantasy XV that look plausible imo. So what do you think?
If this is the case, Tabata was clearly referring to the Duscae region with regard to the 10-20 times the size in the final game. The wording of the translation made it unclear if the entire world was 10-20 times the size or just Duscae. Makes sense that he is referencing Duscae. Why would we need a car, otherwise?
I hope it's true. The world will be enormous

If this is the case, Tabata was clearly referring to the Duscae region with regard to the 10-20 times the size in the final game. The wording of the translation made it unclear if the entire world was 10-20 times the size or just Duscae. Makes sense that he is referencing Duscae. Why would we need a car, otherwise?
I hope it's true. The world will be enormous
Yeah, all that's left for the developers is to construct the same experience that you would feel playing the old Final Fantasy games. A linear path, an adventure, but in a large world with plenty of side things to occasionally do.

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, all that's left for the developers is to construct the same experience that you would feel playing the old Final Fantasy games. A linear path, an adventure, but in a large world with plenty of side things to occasionally do.
There is some evidence of this. I presume the only truly story related element is hunting the Behemoth, in the demo.
I like how they enter that narrow structure when encountering him. Closes the World off a little for the story section. Giving a blend of open and linear.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Hey all! New and just joined today, LOVING those translations Leon! My bet is that the game will probably have a teased release at E3, something like a new trailer, maybe more cinematic(might not be the right word?) with less gameplay. Something like the TGS 2014 trailer with Noctis sleeping in the car, and maybe at the end it'll say "2016" or the like, then the usual "Now in Development". Thoughts?

May 26, 2014
Also can I just mention how excited I am to buy this Noctis figure? Here's hoping for a Prompto! Not usually my sort of thing but for FFXV it's a must buy day one!
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how good that figure looked! I've never been one to buy stuff like this, but I remember seeing some XIII figures in a toy store about 4 or 5 years ago and noting to myself how... not-good they looked. I've never really followed the Play Arts figures, but after seeing this new one I had to look up some more recent ones and the quality has gone through the roof these last couple of years.