Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Yes, I was just reading that interview. Damn, that demo is heavy. Also, I found this bit to be really interesting, even if it's a bit hard to read:
JPGames: You mentioned the ratings. In one of the first trailers for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Noctis broke a soldier’s neck with his legs and spread blood all over the battlefield. That has changed, hasn’t it?

Tabata: Certainly there is a difference with Final Fantasy XV now and what we tried to do with Final Fantasy Versus XIII back then. I think it is a slightly different thing, not in relation of the ratings, but in relation of what we want to do with Final Fantasy XV on its own.

For that, we are trying to work at the limits of the rating and that changed how we were proceeding with the game in a lot of ways. That is why we really started to get a feeling of in how many ways we can put these things in the game. We thought about a menu where you can choose freely how much blood you want to see or a DLC for a different rating. Obviously we want to work within the standards of our rating, but I am still planning some shocking moments in the story and in those moments, brutal scenes are really necessary. I learned that.
"Limits of the rating"? Does that mean they aim for a T rating? Also, DLC for a different rating? That's a terrible idea.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Yes, I was just reading that interview. Damn, that demo is heavy. Also, I found this bit to be really interesting, even if it's a bit hard to read:
"Limits of the rating"? Does that mean they aim for a T rating?
The question is what is/was their aimed rating? Type-0 got a M in the US while it got an USK 12 here in Germany. lol

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
So he basically confirmed Stella/Luna for the demo? It sounds like it. And when he said he HAS to stop delaying the game, I seriously had like future visions of E3 and a release date xD Sounds like a broken record in my head but that's gotta be when he announces the final release or at least a year! :)

Eliotlienthal

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 27, 2013
I got pretty excited with the info regarding the rating for FFXV! I highly doubt the game will be rated M, but if they say they're "trying to work at the limits of the rating" and after that Tabata says "Obviously we want to work within the standards of our rating, but I am still planning some shocking moments in the story and in those moments, brutal scenes are really necessary" we can pretty much expect some highly dramatic scenes as the ending of CC:FFVII and Type-0 which is SO GOOD TO HEAR!

I also think that the "add blood DLC" is not an stupid idea, actually I think it's pretty good!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
They'll likely aim for a T rating to reach the largest possible audience.
That's quite sad. But I guess they don't want to take chances. They have been pretty much playing it safe since the re-announcement.
I also think that the "add blood DLC" is not an stupid idea, actually I think it's pretty good!
Paying for something like that is a ridiculous idea.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
They'll likely aim for a T rating to reach the largest possible audience.
Wasent Nomura's original story not touched in any way. Versus was a spin off so Nomura might have made a M rated story like type-0. Tabata said the story is the same so If its still the same M rated versus story It could possibly be M rated.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
That's quite sad. But I guess they don't want to take chances. They have been pretty much playing it safe since the re-announcement.
If by safe you mean not so much blood or limps being cut, i don´t see what´s the problem with "playing safe".
The rating system is nonsense as Infest provide us with an example
Type-0 got a M in the US while it got an USK 12 here in Germany. lol