Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The thing that worries me about the car comments more than anything is an increasing precedent for them saying things (IE, you can drive the car anywhere!) and then saying the opposite later (The car is only available on the road, sorry.)

Like, the next obvious step is: The car isn't driveable in the demo, but will be in the full version. It's not finished >> The car is driven by the AI, because it wouldn't work right with players driving it.

It's a worrying precedent in general.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The thing that worries me about the car comments more than anything is an increasing precedent for them saying things (IE, you can drive the car anywhere!) and then saying the opposite later (The car is only available on the road, sorry.)

Like, the next obvious step is: The car isn't driveable in the demo, but will be in the full version. It's not finished >> The car is driven by the AI, because it wouldn't work right with players driving it.

The thing is here his statement is more of emphasis on "can't drive in the woods or mountains" over "can't drive off road". I never planned on driving up the mountains.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela

That's exactly why I'm worried about it. I wonder how many other things will they cut.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
That's exactly why I'm worried about it. I wonder how many other things will they cut.
Wait wait wait, what's even being cut here? You guys are jumping to conclusions. The car being finished for the demo is still under debate as it's pretty simple to implement a car... I honestly believe Tabata when he says that they didn't want to focus on it. Why the car out of all things would he lie about?

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Wait wait wait, what's even being cut here? You guys are jumping to conclusions. The car being finished for the demo is still under debate as it's pretty simple to implement a car... I honestly believe Tabata when he says that they didn't want to focus on it. Why the car out of all things would he lie about?
I was just starting to reply the same but you beat me. xD

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
With the history the game has had, I don't think it's unfair to be concerned about that stuff, honestly. It's not negativity, just watching it and thinking 'ooer' basically. I think it's fair given what's happened.

It's pretty obvious the car has been a struggle - it doesn't look the greatest in the trailers (compared to other games, there's a distinct lack of solid suspension modelling and the like), and it's obviously been a bit of a struggle. That's absolutely cool. I get it; it's a new thing for them to do. There were higher hopes for the car, they've pulled back on it. This I absolutely know. It's not a bad thing, one just hopes that doesn't become a fuller precedent; there's been an awful lot of "this is planned, but it's not in the demo" talk, and that's a little bit scary - magic being absent, for example. But this is a 2016 game, too, almost certainly, and I get that.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
maxresdefault.jpg So before this discussion continues are we mostly on the same page this will probably be a 2016 game? Because if it is I see both sides to both arguments. One hand says that a long time has been, in Zonerunners words "there's been an awful lot of "this is planned, but it's not in the demo" talk". I agree, and that scares me a bit too I'll admit. But on the other hand we have the understandable statement of well, the car really is a new concept(it was shown first at the TGS '14 trailer yeah?), so the idea of keeping it out of the demo makes sense.

Also at the same time I don't think it was ever said that the car WOULD go off road. All I remember being official is that the car is mainly driven by Ignis, but the player can take control and have our lovable Prince Noct drive it. Either way, I never saw the car in action and thought this was going to happen either....(this being the picture from GTA)

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
What exactly do you mean by that?
Yeah, I honestly don't know either. The car was always supposed to be a means of transportation... it hasn't changed. You don't drive cars in real life off roads usually unless you have a car suited for it. Why would anyone think that the car we've seen time and time again for almost a decade now in Versus XIII and now in XV would be going up mountains and through forests...? Let's drive the car in the cave guys, we won't have to deal with any of those nasties in there, just roll up the windows and put the top on.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Yeah, I honestly don't know either. The car was always supposed to be a means of transportation... it hasn't changed. You don't drive cars in real life off roads usually unless you have a car suited for it. Why would anyone think that the car we've seen time and time again for almost a decade now in Versus XIII and now in XV would be going up mountains and through forests...? Let's drive the car in the cave guys, we won't have to deal with any of those nasties in there, just roll up the windows and put the top on.
Perhaps they should ditch that expensive-looking Audi-like car for a 4x4 truck.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Perhaps they should ditch that expensive-looking Audi-like car for a 4x4 truck.
lol.

This is why I want airships in the game... a car can't just go anywhere like an airship can. Some people don't get this, like the whole discussion about "is an airship needed in FFXV"... yeah I think so. We've all seen what resembles the world map, and that thing has loads of mountains, it would take a long time to travel by car on the roads. Not even a car would take you up those mountains, so I'm still holding out on the airships, hopefully they can make it happen.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
lol.

This is why I want airships in the game... a car can't just go anywhere like an airship can. Some people don't get this, like the whole discussion about "is an airship needed in FFXV"... yeah I think so. We've all seen what resembles the world map, and that thing has loads of mountains, it would take a long time to travel by car on the roads. Not even a car would take you up those mountains, so I'm still holding out on the airships, hopefully they can make it happen.
I don't think we should worry about airships in the game, I'm sure they're in ( at least as a fast travel option). The question is only if we can manually fly them.

Chocobos let you travel fast and unharmed, wind drakes take you over rivers but never mountains, submarines take you underwater, and airships let you travel anywhere on the surface.

I would be fine if this is the design mentality they're going for when it comes to travel options. If the car is limited as a design choice, I have no qualms.