Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Indeed - I read that earlier today. I'm really hoping there will be a few in there like there was in VIII, like fighting all those bloody Tonberry's to get Odin, getting Eden, Doomtrain,. Cactuar and so on... I thought it was great there were loads of 'secret' ones and I hope there will be a few in XV too.
Oh? There was a book with the name of many summons in it?? Does anyone know what it said?

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/766785396227178496

they really are committed to expand the game, I really like that and I think it's a good thing for a game that took long to release.

Edit: I guess this is in-game Regis.
I think it's CG Regis from Kingsglaive, where he uses the thunder spell against Glauca.

Anyway, I finally saw the 54 min. gameplay and that video really hyped the game to me even more.
Also thanks to that direct, uncommeted and mostly uncutet gameplay I feel very much that it's a Final Fantasy game.

I didn't exactly watched chapter 0 only what comes after.
But the first scene with pushing the car was already cool and funny. With "Stand by me" playing in the background really got me the feeling that Noctis and Co. awaits an an unbelieveable and epic journey.
(Also listened Florence 3 new track,
"Stand by me" is good, friends/family theme
"I will be" is bery good, nature/world theme
"Too much is never enough" is epic, ending theme??)

I like all the characters, each one of them are different than the others. You can feel the friendship between Noctis and his friends and how important the prince will be.
Also how emotions during the journey changes from happy/funny to sad/anger is just so good.

The cutscenes with Cindy and Cid were also really good and impressive by how they move and interact to the environment and characters.

The NPC's look really incredibly detailed, just like the main characters from the last gen. (Lightning, Fang ect.)
Also everyone looks very unique and not some "copy-paste" characters.

The environment is also very good, realistic and many different places.
Leide a desert "lifeless" area, which reminds me a lot of the typical American landscapes.
The Ido dungeon looks creepy, because of the lighting/shadow and of course Arachne.
The battle against it was impressive and suprising after Noctis used fire to it, it looked grey and burned.
So many details has this game.

UI and the menu look really cool. I'm glad and happy to see the typical/old blue windows.
Also it's very clean and simple which I love. The only thing I don't like is still the "warp strike" or "blinded strike" messages during the battles, why not on the button or upper half or even turn it off?
Nevertheless, the skill tree looks very modern (hope it will get bigger to fill the circle completly, I mean why is it filled with skills only by half?^^), also the menu, very Lucian-like.
My favorite, the map which looks like a sattelite picture and therefore very detailed.

Gameplay looks funny and easy to control. Really love the detailed monsters (and so many of them in only 2 areas, I think over 15 alone. Also glad flans and more goblin variations are there :D) and even more customisations of weapons and crafting new magic "spells".
What surprised me was that you can already have firega in the early game, which is cool that could mean there are even more powerful magics (still hoping for meteor, ultima, flare, holy, demi ect.)

The graphic looks to me so realistic, the characters so detailed, environment wide and varied, textures mostly good, effects like fire just godly, lighting just epic especially during the dawn (strange, dawn has a special meaning in the game xD).

The sound and soundtrack are so cool and want to hear them all along.
I really didn't imagined that they will make the battle sounds and menu ones so good. I just love the realistic fire sound, when Ronin was suddenly attacking Noctis out of nowhere or all the weapons, even if you completed a quest it sounds so cool.
The music is very varied and like all of the them, especially the battle themes (when you fight against the Niflheim soldiers), but honstly firstly I didn't liked the music when you open the menu. It sounds almost like a rap, but than after I heared it several times I actually like it.

In the end, when Noctis and his friends meet Ardyn once again and they decided to go to Titan, I really like how Ardyn then smiles, because in that moment you actually know he seems to be happy that they go there, but it could also mean he hides something or it could be a trap
well it is indeed, because you could see the Niflheim army were there, when Noctis and Co were fighting against Titan.
He's such a cool calm guy, really like it.
But generly the facial expressions looks so good that I could watch it again and again.

Okay I actually don't wanted to write such a long post, but I had so many things that I had to write it here down.^^
Overall, I now know how the game actually works and it makes me happy to see that everything what I saw looks promising and that Square Enix/Tabata really didn't talked too much about how detailed and big the game will be and you can almost feel how hard they worked on it.
Really hope the game will be even more successful than VII.

It says on google translate something about it being 10 years later and the events of chapter 0 happening a few chapters into the game.
Yeah, well, that was known. What's new is that it's by Naora.
Oh? There was a book with the name of many summons in it?? Does anyone know what it said?
Translation:
"While rummaging around the open world I stumpled upon a clickable object [a book], which talked about the six mythical gods that are said to have created the game's world. Besides
Ifrit
there were also familiar names like
Shiva
and
Bahamut
"​

llazy77

Warrior of Light
It was know when was this confirmed beforehand that this was 10 years in the future and that chapter 0 only takes place only a few chapters in the game. The leaker said it was 10 years but he said it happened at the end of the game where Noctis ages not only a few chapters into the game.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier

Translation:
"While rummaging around the open world I stumpled upon a clickable object [a book], which talked about the six mythical gods that are said to have created the game's world. Besides
Ifrit
Shiva
and
Bahamut
"​
Based on that we can safely assume that there will only be
6 summons in the game?
Ifrit
Shiva
Bahamut
Ramuh
Titan
Levi

Hmm not bad, I expected more though.

Nova

Warrior of Light

Storm

Warrior of Light

Translation:
Ifrit
Shiva
and
Bahamut
"​
omg yes!

including carbuncle and the possible secret summon tabata was teasing, I think this is a fine number considering the scale of their attacks.

Translation:
Ifrit
Shiva
and
Bahamut
"​
You're the man, Koozek! More or less confirms the summon list that I was expecting, though I'm still optimistic for a secret summon or two on top of the core six I was anticipating. I still think Odin has a decent shot.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Tabata said that from the book that there might actually be more summons than that in the game, so expect a few more maybe lesser summons?