Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Looks great dont see any problems with the visuals.
The game really does look great.

Here's a video from Mrhappy1227 covering Justice Monsters V, this video is a lot easier to watch for those who didn't like the other video posted. Mrhappy commonly covers FFXIV, but also covers other SE games and games in general.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

Also this.

I wasn't posting those for the graphics. I don't know if you all noticed, but the common factor in all if these pictures is awesome. Don't look past the awesome for the graphics. That shit is awesome. Best chocobos ever. Teleport-ninjaing flying birds. Doing a flip over said giant bird's back, spinning and blowing it up with fire. Now, riding begemoth horns into the sky, where some suave motherfucker timed a killing blow fireball in mid air.

The word you were looking for was awesome. :p

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Also this.

I wasn't posting those for the graphics. I don't know if you all noticed, but the common factor in all if these pictures is awesome. Don't look past the awesome for the graphics. That shit is awesome. Best chocobos ever. Teleport-ninjaing flying birds. Doing a flip over said giant bird's back, spinning and blowing it up with fire. Now, riding begemoth horns into the sky, where some suave motherfucker timed a killing blow fireball in mid air.

Yeah, I forgot to comment on them, but the gameplay is astounding.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over

Also this.

If there are contextual parries for every monster in the game -- wow. Looks like there's a button prompt right before the fire (counter?) attack. Can't see if there's fire equipped or not. Guess we'll just have to play the game to find out how to do those.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If there are contextual parries for every monster in the game -- wow. Looks like there's a button prompt right before the fire (counter?) attack. Can't see if there's fire equipped or not. Guess we'll just have to play the game to find out how to do those.
I didn't look for that until after I posted. If there's fire equipped, they don't switch to it. It's probably a counter move built into it. Still cool, though.

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 5, 2014
I don't understand what determines that a Fire counter should be used. The same thing happened in Platinum Demo when I didn't equip Fire and didn't even have any left.

Oct 19, 2013
I don't understand what determines that a Fire counter should be used. The same thing happened in Platinum Demo when I didn't equip Fire and didn't even have any left.
Yeah, I'm wondering too. Maybe this is the Ring Magic stuff? He uses up MP after the Fire counter if you look.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I really want to know what will be in the menu slot that has a "?" and the other one that has a ring.

BTW, Tabata revealed why the second half of the game is going to be more linear/tight/whatever. I'll put in spoilers just in case you don't want to know (also reveals something about Chapter 0 and which character could show up in the game from Kingsglaive):
Trains. So yeah, the second half is going to be mainly travelled by trains, apparently? I love trains, so I can't complaint too much if they know how tackle it all and don't make the transition weird and the second half boring.

Apart from that... Nyx will be in the game in some way. Interesting. I hope characters like Drautos and the rest also show up in the game, as the world will be bigger that way.

The movie is apparently out today/tomorrow, so I'll probably watch it this week.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
At first I thought creating a thread for this but after some thoughts I think this is something "minor" but at least worth knowing and thus I´ll post it here.

Roberto Ferrari (character designer) designed Aranea Highwind around June 2010 and Ardyn Izunia in December of the same year (but later made some tweaks around January 2011).
He also laments that other characters he designed could not survive the transition from VSXIII to XV due to changes in the story.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1167574873314869&id=944530178952674

Jul 16, 2015
At first I thought creating a thread for this but after some thoughts I think this is something "minor" but at least worth knowing and thus I´ll post it here.

Roberto Ferrari (character designer) designed Aranea Highwind around June 2010 and Ardyn Izunia in December of the same year (but later made some tweaks around January 2011).
He also laments that other characters he designed could not survive the transition from VSXIII to XV due to changes in the story.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1167574873314869&id=944530178952674
Now the VSXIII crowd is gonna have another meltdown because of this. They are gonna fabricate more bullshit in their heads about how the game would have been so much better with the characters that Ferrari designed still being in there from when it was Versus.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I hope we get to see these designs one day.
I hope we don't.

And I did a lot of thinking about the VS fans this weekend. I get it, I totally do. But, the thing is, there's nothing anyone can do that will compete with 10 years of personal pondering. Everyone is better off letting anything VS go at this point. Anything would be a disappointment. Even if you liked what you saw, it'd just refresh the "what could have been" pain.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I hope we don't.

And I did a lot of thinking about the VS fans this weekend. I get it, I totally do. But, the thing is, there's nothing anyone can do that will compete with 10 years of personal pondering. Everyone is better off letting anything VS go at this point. Anything would be a disappointment. Even if you liked what you saw, it'd just refresh the "what could have been" pain.
I liked the 2008 and 2011 Versus trailers about as much as anybody. BUT...it stands to reason that if the story, lore, and game systems were that solid, we would have gotten Versus. Since they weren't -- maybe, just maybe -- they needed major revisions to work as a cohesive narrative. Given that Hamlet quote, some fans have put Tabata as Claudius to Nomura's King Hamlet.

I'd be interested in seeing these character concepts. There's a reason characters like Jabba were excised from the original Star Wars -- and why Paul Hirsch won an Oscar for his work on that movie. The original cut was an unmitigated disaster. I have a feeling that the same fate awaited the unabridged "World of the Versus Epic"