Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Maybe that's how she meets the party off and on, she travels to different stations since they already said she would be in different locations across the world.
Coernix is a gas station chain around the world. However, we're not entirely sure if they will always meet her at the gas stations, maybe she has a proper shop someplace as well. Who knows, it's possible that she will just show up at gas stations though.

Thats pretty obvious at this point.
Actually, not at all. The location is completely off, I actually think it's a completely different gas station entirely, if it even is still in the game. Yes, it's the same model and all, but in terms of in the game world, it might not even exist anymore.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Coernix is a gas station chain around the world. However, we're not entirely sure if they will always meet her at the gas stations, maybe she has a proper shop someplace as well. Who knows, it's possible that she will just show up at gas stations though.

Actually, not at all. The location is completely off, I actually think it's a completely different gas station entirely, if it even is still in the game. Yes, it's the same model and all, but in terms of in the game world, it might not even exist anymore.
That makes sense. It may not even exist anymore your correct haha So what are we expecting to happen at Gamescom this year? Haven't been on the forum in a while and would love to hear some thoughts from everyone :)

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
So what are we expecting to happen at Gamescom this year? Haven't been on the forum in a while and would love to hear some thoughts from everyone :)
Considering full promo is kicking in, we might get a release date, though they might save that for TGS or Jump Festa. Games typically release within 6 months of full promo, because the majority of what's left of the budget is added to marketing.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Considering full promo is kicking in, we might get a release date, though they might save that for TGS or Jump Festa. Games typically release within 6 months of full promo, because the majority of what's left of the budget is added to marketing.
I'm hoping for a release date at any of the 3 events between August and September. Also, what constitutes full promo? Story info, new trailers, merchandise, that sort of thing?

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Ditto.
I doubt that's the same gas station. Nomura said this shot was from the really beginning of the game so it's probably closer to the crown city imo.

Of course it is possible that it's the same gas station and they just redesigned the whole area around it but it's also possible that we'll never find out.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Promotion usually consists of commercials, merchandise, toys, comics, clothes. Story info and things such as that.
This. Also, expect at least one new trailer every month or so leading up to release, theme song announcement, etc. I think we're all going to be overwhelmed by the sudden burst of content we're going to get.

Off topic a little bit; I really hope that a potential Collector's Edition comes with a subtitled "Making of" documentary. Imagine everything that would have to be covered!

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
This. Also, expect at least one new trailer every month or so leading up to release, theme song announcement, etc. I think we're all going to be overwhelmed by the sudden burst of content we're going to get.

Off topic a little bit; I really hope that a potential Collector's Edition comes with a subtitled "Making of" documentary. Imagine everything that would have to be covered!
A new trailer every month gets me very excited haha God August can't come soon enough, I got a PS4 pretty much only for this, and KH3. Silent Hills too but that got canned, and Arkham Knight has left a bad taste in my mouth as of late with the Season Pass crap. FFXV is the thing I'm looking forward to the most!

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland

Lol they could sell the making of documentary and i would still buy it. Just want to know the crap that happened behind the scenes.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Oh, I'd totally buy it separately, but the Japanese are very private, so they'd never give us a 100% honest answer as to everything that happened with the delays :/
If they do anything like that, it would probably be all about when Tabata-san came on, since he considers it the reboot of the "clock/countdown" people had for the game. Speaking of time, do we have any idea how long the game will be? I heard over 40 hours a few months ago is that correct info?

Oct 19, 2013
Oh, I'd totally buy it separately, but the Japanese are very private, so they'd never give us a 100% honest answer as to everything that happened with the delays :/
FFXV's Ultimania book is the first one I'll import without hesitation if it offers enough insight to the years between 2006 and 2012 :D

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I would gladly pay 60$ just for that documentary ! All the secrets behind scenes are pure gold for any fan of videogames. Moreover i would do the same for any similar documentary for any game that i absolutely like.

XZeroRus

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 21, 2015
I've figured out a way to get further beyond the maps boundaries before getting the forced game-over.
Been getting pretty close to Lestallum. However, still getting cut off just short of getting a good view of it.
Will post a vid in a few days if I have some success.

Edit: Interesting. If you pass the stone arch on the far end of the crystal the map gets 'flipped'. You end up at the stone arch on the border of the gas station road. So you just go round in circles.
Still getting a game-over before Lestallum, but am edging closer and closer.
You will fail.
Perhaps if you activate the texture bug+ramuh speed bug and maybe a constant battle mode bug...

Lol they could sell the making of documentary and i would still buy it. Just want to know the crap that happened behind the scenes.
They should do the documentary in the style of those reality shows. A huge problem needs to constantly be tackled at the last minute; close-ups of all the the devs' disheartened faces at whether they'll even make it. Keep cutting to an advertisement (or a dev interview in this case) to leave us all on a cliffhanger. Tabata will be pseudo representation of Donald Trump or Gordon Ramsay.

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
You will fail.
Perhaps if you activate the texture bug+ramuh speed bug and maybe a constant battle mode bug...
I have found a consistent texture bug. I'm also using the constant battle bug, as you pointed out. I use armiger and spam warps to bypass the borders (which are already extended thanks to texture glitch) Ramuh just restores textures after his animation, so he is out of the equation.
If you do the 'mirror' glitch through the arches, Lestallum ends up dissapearing completely.
I still think there is a way around it.
I can share the technique with you guys if you want it, as it won't be long before they patch this in 2.0

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I have found a consistent texture bug. I'm also using the constant battle bug, as you pointed out. I use armiger and spam warps to bypass the borders (which are already extended thanks to texture glitch) Ramuh just restores textures after his animation, so he is out of the equation.
If you do the 'mirror' glitch through the arches, Lestallum ends up dissapearing completely.
I still think there is a way around it.
I can share the technique with you guys if you want it, as it won't be long before they patch this in 2.0
I'd like to see some footage/pictures of as far as you are getting.