Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
They better do something as classy as the FFXIII announcement trailer.... Or EVEN BETTER WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE IT AT GAMESCOM 2015.

I remember that announcement. It was very well done and it also was a very respectul way to show all the lineage this series has. I'd also like FFXV to have an announcement like this one.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I don't see a need to have a major event to re-announce the game. It's already out there in demo form so people are aware of its existence already. Not every game appearance needs to be theatrical. I'm fine with a simple, non-spoiler trailer followed by an in-depth playthrough showing off more of the game itself.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I wonder if Square will have anything new to show at Gamescom besides Final Fantasy XV. The games revealed at E3 won't make a re-appearance until TGS and/or Jump Festa in all likelihood so they're all ruled out. Kingdom Hearts is also better suited to the D23 Expo held by Disney. While I'm excited to see more footage of XV, having more new announcements would also be welcome. Agito is still trapped in development as far as we know and hasn't been brought up in months. People, myself included, are patiently awaiting a remaster for Final Fantasy XII. In addition, there's now speculation a new Parasite Eve entry in the works due to the Easter egg within the Final Fantasy VII remake trailer. Square has been really strong this year so I'm hoping they can keep up the momentum they've built up with further announcements on new protects.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
They have already so many annonunced games, it's better for them to finally focus on promotion for some of them instead of announcing even more.

New games we know of since E3 2015:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Nier 2
Dragon Quest Builders
Hitman
Project Setsuna
World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest VI & VII 3DS localization
Kingdom Hearts unchained X localization

It's enough, they also need some room to breath.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Most of the Japanese SE games announced at E3, with the exception of World of Final Fantasy, seem to be quite far into the future, especially Nier 2 and Setsuna. If it's still going to be released this year, SaGa 2015 will probably resurface at TGS. Dragon Quest Heroes will likely be present once again.

Honestly, even bringing only Final Fantasy XV to Gamescom would be more than sufficient for SE.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Albus

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 14, 2014
*why release 3 western-action/adventure games...
but not A single JRPG?; witness the speculative pattern below;

Square-Enix "AAA" games releasing late 20XV;

Rise of the Tomb Raider (360/0NE) - November 10th 2015: on a Tuesday

Just Cause 3 (PC/PS4/ONE) - December 1st 2015: again, on a Tuesday

then next Tuesday;

HITMAN (PC/PS4/ONE) launching 'Digital-Only' - December 8th 2015

then next Tuesday - the week before Christmas Eve-&-Day;
____ _______ XV (PS4/ONE) - December XVth 20XV!!!

B E L I E V E ! ! !

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Is button mapping potentially confirmed for the full game? Would solve my gripe on the lock-on system and all.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Button remapping is already a feature on PS4, so it would be a waste of time.
I forgot that lel.

Just to be sure, if I were to say, use the feature to switch the targeting and hard lock from R1 + R3 to reverse, would hard lock on work with just one tap instead of having to go through two buttons?