Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

60fps is nice but its like polishing a turd.
Assuming it's running at 60FPS in general, it's probably just going to be unlocked framerate that is it.
Hopefully for the 9th generation the PlayStation 5, and Next Gen Xbox are just upgradeable small form factor PCs with a $400 base spec, with higher end options available for those that don't want to do it themselves.

Last edited:
There seems to be a insane exp jump from 98-99 to 99-100.

1,079,256 exp required to level from 99 to 100. That's quite the number, which is pretty much 10x the exp required from 98-99.

Some people are already complaining, but I'm kinda happy that it's a grind.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
There seems to be a insane exp jump from 98-99 to 99-100.

1,079,256 exp required to level from 99 to 100. That's quite the number, which is pretty much 10x the exp required from 98-99.

Some people are already complaining, but I'm kinda happy that it's a grind.
People will always find something to complain about.

I agree, I think it's great to not make it easy for players to surpass the standard level. Otherwise, the significance of being level 100+ would be pointless.

Thank goodness I saved up so much exp during my playthrough thanks to the nixperience band... I should get around 6 million exp if I sleep at Altissia.

People will always find something to complain about.

I agree, I think it's great to not make it easy for players to surpass the standard level. Otherwise, the significance of being level 100+ would be pointless.

Thank goodness I saved up so much exp during my playthrough thanks to the nixperience band... I should get around 6 million exp if I sleep at Altissia.
Unfortunately... sorry to burst your dreams... but if you are lvl 99 the exp is reset on update. Of you are lvl 98, your exp pool will take you to lvl 99 and reset. It won't carry over to 100.

Someone on reddit said that they got 3m from exp boosts and got from 99 to 102. So it appear it's going to be one hell of a grind.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Assuming it's running at 60FPS in general, it's probably just going to be unlocked framerate that is it.
Hopefully for the 9th generation the PlayStation 5, and Next Gen Xbox are just upgradeable small form factor PCs with a $400 base spec, with higher end options available for those that don't want to do it themselves.
...why even bother with consoles at that point? >_>;

I could see there being value in a modular box where the SoC sits in a removable module (with a proprietary and near-impossible-to-mess-up set of connectors to allow upgrades by even the most tech-shy of customers) so you can replace it with the inevitable Pro SoC without having to pay for the rest of the system twice, but turning consoles into budget PCs renders them all but worthless.

Appearently there´re unmention updates : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5v21vj/interesting_15_changes/

• Performance is also improved on standard PS4, camera movement seems smoother.
  • Speed of the actual warp (not the throwing of the sword, the teleport itself) increased with one handed sword.
  • Armiger attack speed increased.
Uncertain if true though.
Performance improvement on standard PS4 seems like a natural result of further optimizations. Since the game was already pretty consistent at hitting 30fps, I'm going to guess that they did something about the framepacing?

Increasing the speed of warping would be a pretty interesting surprise, though.

...why even bother with consoles at that point? >_>;

I could see there being value in a modular box where the SoC sits in a removable module (with a proprietary and near-impossible-to-mess-up set of connectors to allow upgrades by even the most tech-shy of customers) so you can replace it with the inevitable Pro SoC without having to pay for the rest of the system twice, but turning consoles into budget PCs renders them all but worthless.

Performance improvement on standard PS4 seems like a natural result of further optimizations. Since the game was already pretty consistent at hitting 30fps, I'm going to guess that they did something about the framepacing?

Increasing the speed of warping would be a pretty interesting surprise, though.
Implying consoles weren't worthless already, they already are budget PCs hell they don't even succeed that that, now it's time for them to embrace that while I ignore them all the more and put upgrades in my computer(RYZEN and AMD Vega to be precise)

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Unfortunately... sorry to burst your dreams... but if you are lvl 99 the exp is reset on update. Of you are lvl 98, your exp pool will take you to lvl 99 and reset. It won't carry over to 100.

Someone on reddit said that they got 3m from exp boosts and got from 99 to 102. So it appear it's going to be one hell of a grind.
I'm at level 60. I used nixperience band since it first became available and have been using it since.

Well, it gives people more of an incentive to spend more time playing the game then xD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Implying consoles weren't worthless already, they already are budget PCs hell they don't even succeed that that, now it's time for them to embrace that while I ignore them all the more and put upgrades in my computer(RYZEN and AMD Vega to be precise)
Oh c'mon they're not worthless. There is a massive market for them.

Not everyone wants to game on a PC, even if they have better performance.

Been gaming on a console my entire life and never, not even once, did I have an issue with it. I don't care much for FPS, graphics, or any of that superficial stuff. Tbh I never noticed how big a thing graphics and performance was until I joined gaming forums a few months back, and it was then that I noticed how... extremely picky people could get over that kinda stuff.

Having fun is what matters imo. Everything else is secondary. Console wars, and and PC wars is the lamest thing I've come across in the gaming community. I mean.. who cares?

Edit: I honestly can't help but wonder if it's all a d*** measuring contest at times when it comes to specs, performance, what's got the better FPS and whatnot. I mean the arguments people get into when it comes to this stuff.. O_O