Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Awww so apparently the noodle hat is only available in Japan D:

But I wanted to wreck monster with a noodle hat...

http://l.gamespot.com/61828pNN6
Don't worry, the Boss Cup Noodle campaign is only for early access for the cup noodle hat. It will be released later for everyone and wait for it... for free. Yep.

The noodle hat will start its initial distribution in summer and soon after for everyone.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Don't worry, the Boss Cup Noodle campaign is only for early access for the cup noodle hat. It will be released later for everyone and wait for it... for free. Yep.

The noodle hat will start its initial distribution in summer and soon after for everyone.
Very nice.

I do wonder will the other guys be able to wear the noodle hat

For some reason I wanna put blind Ignis in a noodle hat... yes it's a douchey thing to do lol

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I don't think he's talking about pure PoV as much as keeping the player on the same page as Noct. While he does say that "The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes," that part is restricted to "the events that Noctis sees," with the general rule being that they "placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story."

While some scenes are shown from PoVs other than Noct's, none of them really make the player privy to information that Noct couldn't have at least surmised given his current level of knowledge. In fact, some of the alternate PoV scenes -- most notably, the Luna flashbacks -- are withheld until Noct does have reason to believe something of the sort would have happened.

In other words, while not every scene is from Noct's perspective directly, they're all at least consistent with his current mental state and don't result in significant discrepancies in the experience the player has vs. the experience Noct has. This affects flashbacks to Noct's youth, too, which show up when they become relevant to Noct's current mental state.

(Even something like adding a Gladio scenario to Chapter 13 would be subject to this rule, for what it's worth -- Noct might not have seen what Gladio was doing, but he'd probably have gotten the gist of it.)
Well he obviously didn't do a good job, if all the other side characters are underdeveloped, maybe he should have extended Noct's eyes a bit further.

Also how would Noctis know about Aranea in Chapter 3?, Maybe they shouldn't have included that scene in the game if they wanted to convey that what you know, Noctis knows.
Seems like a defense for bad storytelling.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
How?

It´s in line with his statement.
You can tell that originally it was going to be in the books to flesh out the other characters but for whatever reason they cut all other character development out or didnt write them. And now Tabata is using the excuse that the story is told through Noctis's eyes as damage control. Theres evidence in the game that it wasent orignally going to be like this like the cutscenes with the empire at the start and the ones with Ravus and Ardyn and Luna.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Top 10 games $ (Jan 2016 to Jan 2017 - 12 months - U.S.)

COD IW
BF1
The Division
NBA 2K17
Madden 17
GTAV
Overwatch
FIFA 17
FFXV
COD: BOIII

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/832374716379832321
Pretty good stadistic, considering that the game released 3 weeks after THE BIG hitter franchise of the past 9 years and still there were enough people willing to spend some extra cash to make XV rank in the top 10.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
You guys can't parse a translation like it's a carefully prepared statement. It's the translator that decides the wording. Tabata speaks from the cuff, in Japanese, and someone else translates it to English.

I have seen this dozens of times in the last year and a half, and it's completely ridiculous. Parse the meaning. Get the point. Move on.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
That last one, wow. XD I'm not sure it's possible to be more extra. It's perfect!

Between him, Ray Chase, and Robbie Daymond, the convention circuit for XV is going to be fantastic. There's nothing quite like having a cast full of goofballs who love their roles.