Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Tabata should keep silent on the story from now on.
You really wouldn't be satisfied either way would you? If Tabata wants to address a story aspect, especially if it's something that is going to enhance something, I think a good number of people would like to know what that would cover including you. Besides, a lot of people already got the silent treatment from Nomura (from what I have read from others he isn't too big on interviews), which killed the interest in the project for some people until later on.

"Instead of creating a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story..."

this made me lol

not like this tabata, not like this...
I don't understand.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016

this made me lol

not like this tabata, not like this...
Yeah, everytime he opens mouth, he just made it worse.
Not so long ago he said that he acknowledged that game leaves people with low satisfaction when it comes to the story in both EU and JPN.
Now he is pretending like it was intended in the first place. Maybe he is trolling?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Tabatas stupid statements keep piling up, its becoming harder for people to defend him. Also doubt this one is a mistranslation it was taken directly from gameinformer.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
this is actually mind-boggling because, even if that's the case, the fact he actually said that was quite stupid/naive.

he could've easily worded that sentence better in millions of other ways, i mean wtf

he just gave fuel for ppl to bash the game for free lol

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Yeah, everytime he opens mouth, he just made it worse.
Not so long ago he said that he acknowledged that game leaves people with low satisfaction when it comes to the story in both EU and JPN.
Now he is pretending like it was intended in the first place. Maybe he is trolling?
I don't see the problem with the two statements.
In one he acknowledges fans dissatisfaction with the story and in the other he explains why the story was told in that certain way, just that, there's nothing contradicting the first statement.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
this is actually mind-boggling because, even if that's the case, the fact he actually said that was quite stupid/naive.

he could've easily worded that sentence better in millions of other ways, i mean wtf

Maybe its his plan? People talk about the game, there is impact on fanbase. As much as people interested in the game, they will buy season passes and DLC's.
What a mastermind, lol.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

this made me lol

I'm going to have to agree with these.

*Smh* it's causing more harm than good. From what I'm reading, people are outraged that he said those things, even the fans who like the game.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer a "comprehensive and perfectly balanced story" over the storytelling as it is now.

Very, very badly worded and phrased...

It's good that he's being transparent, but in some cases it's better to stay quiet and hold a few cards close to your chest. This would be one of those times.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
You really wouldn't be satisfied either way would you? If Tabata wants to address a story aspect, especially if it's something that is going to enhance something, I think a good number of people would like to know what that would cover including you. Besides, a lot of people already got the silent treatment from Nomura (from what I have read from others he isn't too big on interviews), which killed the interest in the project for some people until later on.

I don't understand.
He's causing bad PR on himself look at the nova crystallis comments, he should just stop talking about the story altogether, and just say were working on some stuff that we couldn't get a chance to do because of deadlines or something, or something that doesn't make him look bad.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I don't see the problem with the two statements.
In one he acknowledges fans dissatisfaction with the story and in the other he explains why the story was told in that certain way, just that, there's nothing contradicting the first statement.
I agree with this, but also...

How exactly does his comment make him look bad?
With how its translated, the story comment makes him look like he's justisfying why they intended for the plot to be full of holes in the first place, which feels out of character imo. I feel theres way more to it than what we're being lead on, or that it could be another weird translation.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
He's causing bad PR on himself look at the nova crystallis comments, he should just stop talking about the story altogether, and just say were working on some stuff that we couldn't get a chance to do because of deadlines or something, or something that doesn't make him look bad.
So you are wanting him to be vague from here on out which will again create outrage, if I am understanding you correctly? I don't need to look at NC comments. The subreddit of FFXV is enough for me.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
How exactly does his comment make him look bad?
If any story is to be good and engaging, it absolutely must be "comprehensive and perfectly balanced."

Saying he decided to choose a method where the storytelling was non comprehensive and not balanced because it was seen as a better alternative is one of the worst decisions I have heard of in a very long time. In other words, it's a very bad way to justify why the story is the way it is now.

There's more to it, but I have a feeling he was made to say this by the company.

Still think he should've been quiet about this though. That or phrase it in a way that would appease to people instead of making them angry. Very bad PR move.

Last edited:

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
If any story is to be good and engaging, it absolutely must be "comprehensive and perfectly balanced."
I would disagree with that. There are plenty of great hits out there that lacks a solid story but still delivers a enjoyable experience. I'm a movie buff and I've watched a lot of movies. And it's really hard to find stories that are perfectly balanced. Even when the story is good, the delivery can fall short, leading to a subpar experience. However sometimes, even with a subpar story, the delivery can make the film that much more enjoyable.

In a sense, there is no such thing as perfection and all it matters is personal perspective.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I would disagree with that. There are plenty of great hits out there that lacks a solid story but still delivers a enjoyable experience. I'm a movie buff and I've watched a lot of movies. And it's really hard to find stories that are perfectly balanced. Even when the story is good, the delivery can fall short, leading to a subpar experience. However sometimes, even with a subpar story, the delivery can make the film that much more enjoyable.

In a sense, there is no such thing as perfection and all it matters is personal perspective.
Fair enough. I was using an exact quote to make a point about the story development, since, of course, there is no such thing as "perfection".

The game itself is extremely enjoyable no doubt. I just find his explanations for the story to be in poor taste with bad timing, even though I do like Tabata.

The issue is, if you're trying to justify your method of storytelling in the face of criticism and backlash, it is not a good idea to use the phrase "comprehensive and perfectly balanced" as a comparison point. That's practically shooting yourself in the foot >.<

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Honestly the story comment in general comes off as PR blunder to me, i'm absolutely unconvinced they ever intended the narrative to be the opposite of comprehensive and whatnot.

Won't be surprised if we get another statement from Tabata reconfiguring the comment down the line.