Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Technically, one of the daemons in the current insomnia (the one that drops the Ulric Daggers) hints at that being Glauca after he was beaten by Nyx. It sucks I know, but maybe another update puts the villain into some part of the game (Regis prologue please?) for a proper fight.
Thanks for the reply and clarification, much appreciated. Also yeah I made my peace by making that connection but considering they recently removed that daemon from the game entirely (one that drops Nyx's daggers) and the fact that I saw all these files being mined with Glauca's name popping up I couldn't help but get a little excited. Part of me is still holding out for either an adaptation of Nyx's fight (cuz let's be fair Regis kinda stomped Glauca in Tennebrae) or a daemon enhanced Glauca akin to Ravus' chapter 13 boss fight with maybe some of Aranea's aerial combat systems employed in the fight. I'd honestly rather get Regis doing something with his gang (maybe less exaggerated events of King's Tale? That photo in Cid's garage definitely has a story behind it.) Than have him fight Glauca for two seconds and then run. Either way I'm gonna remain hopeful that Tabata's team decides to use those Glauca assets later down the line especially since they said this year's DLCs would largely focusing on enhancing the world itself through lore inclusions and other thing like the Royal pack rather than just the character focused episodes. Hopefully that means tying up some loose ends properly.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Thanks for the reply and clarification, much appreciated. Also yeah I made my peace by making that connection but considering they recently removed that daemon from the game entirely (one that drops Nyx's daggers) and the fact that I saw all these files being mined with Glauca's name popping up I couldn't help but get a little excited. Part of me is still holding out for either an adaptation of Nyx's fight (cuz let's be fair Regis kinda stomped Glauca in Tennebrae) or a daemon enhanced Glauca akin to Ravus' chapter 13 boss fight with maybe some of Aranea's aerial combat systems employed in the fight. I'd honestly rather get Regis doing something with his gang (maybe less exaggerated events of King's Tale? That photo in Cid's garage definitely has a story behind it.) Than have him fight Glauca for two seconds and then run. Either way I'm gonna remain hopeful that Tabata's team decides to use those Glauca assets later down the line especially since they said this year's DLCs would largely focusing on enhancing the world itself through lore inclusions and other thing like the Royal pack rather than just the character focused episodes. Hopefully that means tying up some loose ends properly.

Still hold out for that hope, it's entirely possible the Royal Edition changed something and the it's also possible the benchmark doesn't have everything. Of not here, maybe another update

On that note, I totally agree about Glauca. Gladio and Noct need their proper revenge

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The quest pertaining to finding Luna and Regis related memories sounds good.

That’s one way to give those characters more screentime.

It would be a good idea to add such quests in the future.

It does, we don't know where or when this will be added but I definitely do hope they add more lore related side quests to the first half (hell, even more character story in the first half would be nice) overall at some point.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So the leak from Feb 2017 (Its not proven true, but has gotten some things right; you can find it here: http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/rumor-final-fantasy-xv-future-dlc-and-update-leak.7958/ believe it if you want to) last year actually makes mention of 2 dungeons interestingly enough:

First one: Update 1.09: Coming in July, this update adds a new dungeon with all of the monsters from the game with higher level, this dungeon works as an elevator, each floor is harder than the last one.

Second one: Update 1.14: Coming in February 2018, [Lestallum will be added to chapter 14 in a apocalyptic setup and will feature older versions of Iris, Cor, Monica, Aranea, Cid and Cindy. Also will feature a new weather added to the multiplayer system: dark world, with green/purple and black sky and a new dungeon you can go after crossing the entrance to the city, it's near a very long bridge

Either specified dungeon could sound like "The Cradle" or the "Aeretylian Furnace" mentioned by @Storm that came with the benchmark leaks. Maybe this is what they are signifying. Or maybe the dungeons are only reachable by the royal vessel. Or maybe I'm full of shit and they were entirely scrapped lol. Just trying to poke at what those could actually mean so don't take me seriously.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
about the data, Glauca is mentioned two times:

VS1CUT_NIHILARMY VS1_WIN_BEHEMOTH VS1_CUT_GLAUCA

MISSION_LT_FORESTBOSS MISSION_LU_GLAUCA FILED_LU_LG_3 (this one is an audio file)

there's also SHINIGAMI and CASTLE MISSION_LU_STELLA written on the files.

might be possible the Glauca mentioned here is the Versus XIII Glauca, anyway datamining the full pc edition will sure bring interesting things to light.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

MISSION_LT_FORESTBOSS MISSION_LU_GLAUCA FILED_LU_LG_3 (this one is an audio file)

might be possible the Glauca mentioned here is the Versus XIII Glauca, anyway datamining the full pc edition will sure bring interesting things to light.
Maybe we could see if there's a Glauca model in there, if possible. Can you extract the forestboss Glauca audio track?

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Interesting. I believe this golden armored character from the 2013 here was the original Glauca design, in fact I think it was confirmed to be at a French screening of Kingsglaive that Nozue attended where they showed the audience some scenes that were cut which involved Ravus and Glauca, and he had the Golden armor design here.

Then when they started making the story changes around October 2013 when Kingsglaive started is probably when they also decided to change his design, and these were some of his concept redesigns.

And then his final.

Nihilarmy I'm pretty sure just refers to Niflheim army, since Niflheim has been romanized as "Nihilheim" on official artwork for XV before, so Nihiltower probably also just means some sort of Niflheim tower, could just be some random tower at a base or what have you.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Interesting. I believe this golden armored character from the 2013 here was the original Glauca design, in fact I think it was confirmed to be at a French screening of Kingsglaive that Nozue attended where they showed the audience some scenes that were cut which involved Ravus and Glauca, and he had the Golden armor design here.

Then when they started making the story changes around October 2013 when Kingsglaive started is probably when they also decided to change his design, and these were some of his concept redesigns.

And then his final.

Nihilarmy I'm pretty sure just refers to Niflheim army, since Niflheim has been romanized as "Nihilheim" on official artwork for XV before, so Nihiltower probably also just means some sort of Niflheim tower, could just be some random tower at a base or what have you.
I do prefer Glauca's final design, I will say, as it looks really cool and gives him a menacing appearance, his original design, if that was the original Glauca, looks generic and in line with the Imperial Soldiers, it's just a shame he had no part in the game other than the movie.

zaza50

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 11, 2018
Fighting Glauca (even a Daemonic Version of his body/armor) would be a dream.. T_T But I don't want to dream too much.

Final Glauca has the best design also according to me..
Indeed I was very happy to see the Booster Armor's Design (for the Chocobros) similar to Glauca's Armor

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Fighting Glauca (even a Daemonic Version of his body/armor) would be a dream.. T_T But I don't want to dream too much.

Final Glauca has the best design also according to me..
Indeed I was very happy to see the Booster Armor's Design (for the Chocobros) similar to Glauca's Armor
Yeah, the Magitek Exosuits looked nice, even though I didn't use them, but they still look cool.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
if they decide to do an Ep Regis, then a fight against Glauca is certain.

that would be the ideal opportunity to include the event where noctis is injured or the Dawn trailer sequence; actually i would be really down for a Ep Regis, especially if somehow is integrated in the base game.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

that would be the ideal opportunity to include the event where noctis is injured or the Dawn trailer sequence.
That would be nice, even though Regis is one my least concerns, as I'm not sure how they'd handle him after the screen-time he had in the game, but I would like the Dawn trailer implemented somewhere.

zaza50

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 11, 2018
Yeah, the Magitek Exosuits looked nice, even though I didn't use them, but they still look cool.
Me too... I've never really used them, but they have a really nice design

that would be the ideal opportunity to include the event where noctis is injured or the Dawn trailer sequence; actually i would be really down for a Ep Regis, especially if somehow is integrated in the base game.
That would be great in my opinion.
Develop Regis, Show the past of Lucis VS Niflheim War, reintroduce in the game Glauca.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
is it possible that unused scenes like the Dawn trailer segment are in the game's data? if so, would that open a possibility for a mod including those scenes?

the leaker did mention there was an art/gallery/cutscene viewer from a debug menu or something.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
is it possible that unused scenes like the Dawn trailer segment are in the game's data? if so, would that open a possibility for a mod including those scenes?

the leaker did mention there was an art/gallery/cutscene viewer from a debug menu or something.
Who knows? I'm currently looking forward at the Royal Pack DLC, as that is my main priority currently.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
As much as I'd like this to be something valid, it looks most like early dummied content. Shinigami is the Japanese term for a deity of death, a concept they've all but erased from XV's confirmed lore (unless they're going to shoehorn it back in). But the "LU_STELLA" piece looks interesting. It doesn't have to be the character Stella. Maybe "LU" and "STELLA" stand for puzzle elements like "moon" and "stars". Alternately, it could be some strange code related to Stella before she was replaced with Lunafreya that got left in the game.

Wait! Minor amendment. Given how these two codes look when looked at together, I'd speculate that "LU" in this case stands for "Lucis", the main XV continent.

Did Glauca exist then? We know Cor did, but most of the Kingsglaive cast were created for XV due to the original planned opening sequence for XV being cut. In fact, the Kingsglaive concept was a rescued version of Shinobi figures of which Umbra was one. I've generally imagined that golden armoured figure in the 2013 trailer to be Ravus's personal guard or similar.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I think the perfect place tha the Dawn trailer could work within the game is if it's placed during the scene with Noctis and Bahamut, right after Bahamut makes his revelation known to Noctis and Noctis goes into his sleep state and it shows visions to him of his past, it could also then show the Dawn trailer there. And since at that exact moment the audience has the full context for what Regis would be sad about in the Dawn trailer, since Bahamut just revealed it, it would make that scene more impactful than if they showed the full scene earlier than that.

It could also work if it's something that is shown during Chapter 14 too.

Like at after it shows these flashes of Noctis's past at this point 4 mins 30 seconds in.

Have it then show the Dawn flashback 1 minute in here.

Feb 19, 2018
With the amount of content being added in terms of bosses and story enhancements and how much info is being dug up I'm really excited about the content coming our way this year as Tabata said he wanted to focus on beefing up the existing story with enhancements rather than showing things that stray away from the main story like the previous character episodes (pretty much he wants to add to the stuff you see and learn as Noct is what I'm assuming). I think it's likely Episode Ardyn might be our only character Episode this year with the rest of the content being in the same vein as the Royal Pack. Lots of untapped lore and world building potential we have yet to see so I think it's very possible we could see a lot of unused assets be brought back or repurposed as well as new stuff being added to the core experience .