Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
As much as I'd like this to be something valid, it looks most like early dummied content.
definitely, that's what i think as well.
With the amount of content being added in terms of bosses and story enhancements and how much info is being dug up I'm really excited about the content coming our way this year as Tabata said he wanted to focus on beefing up the existing story with enhancements rather than showing things that stray away from the main story like the previous character episodes (pretty much he wants to add to the stuff you see and learn as Noct is what I'm assuming). I think it's likely Episode Ardyn might be our only character Episode this year with the rest of the content being in the same vein as the Royal Pack. Lots of untapped lore and world building potential we have yet to see so I think it's very possible we could see a lot of unused assets be brought back or repurposed as well as new stuff being added to the core experience .
i think the same, their plan will be to add content directly to the base game instead of doing standalone dlcs (except for ardyn i guess)... there's also the "end of they journey" content tabata teased in two occasions.

crazy to think the content of this year up to march easily surpass anything they did in march last year (of course it doesnt mean every dlc from now on will be as big as the royal pack, since they clearly done that one to hype up the royal edition / windows edition); anyway we're just in the beginning of the year, i suppose we are going to get even more free updates + comrades content as well.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I just realized something, guys, near the entrance to the citadel, there are gates, one gate on the left, and one gate on the right, and they're both locked. Could we also use the Insomnia keys to unlock those gates and explore the parts of Insomnia that were locked behind them? My expectations are low, but that would be cool.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
With that being said, if they do plan on only releasing DLC that affects the main story, aside from ardyn, i do wonder if any story based improvements will actually be free.

If things are like the Royal Update and they give us more than they let on, then I'm definitely okay with it, but I do hope they improve some of the story through free updates.

I'm conflicted about it: for example, free updates to Niflheim may be not as well produced as substantial, paid updates, but the fact that itd be paid would suck in a way.

I'd still love BD2 and Tabata for creating this monster of a game as a result, but that would kill my respect for Square.

Tl;dr: My point is, im not sure if we'll ever get the same treatment for Chapters 10-13 as 14 will in the Royal Update, without it being behind a paywall. I'd be okay with it if its like what what we know about the Royal Edition now, regardless it would still suck, however, may be our only option for big story advancements

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
With that being said, if they do plan on only releasing DLC that affects the main story, aside from ardyn, i do wonder if any story based improvements will actually be free.

If things are like the Royal Update and they give us more than they let on, then I'm definitely okay with it, but I do hope they improve some of the story through free updates.

I'm conflicted about it: for example, free updates to Niflheim may be not as well produced as substantial, paid updates, but the fact that itd be paid would suck in a way.

I'd still love BD2 and Tabata for creating this monster of a game as a result, but that would kill my respect for Square.
I'm pretty sure they will continue the free story updates, anyway, even though I wouldn't mind paying for a Niflheim expansion of sorts, but that's just my opinion. They already said free updates are to continue this year, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of free story updates down the line. We also have yet to see the 2018 road-map, that may help shed light on things, so let's not jump to conclusions like this just yet, and they have to keep their investors happy, not everything can be free forever, even if BD2 wanted to, even in this game or another game. I don't mind paid content as long as I have a good time with it, and I intend to do a New Game file when all of the story updates/DLC come out to get the full experience of the game by the end of this year.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i like the fact you'll be able to hop off the boat on gladin quay as well (based on the leak), despite not having much to explore in the sea (theres a Photo OP quest related to an island, but it might be just to take the photo from a distance instead of going there) at least the world will feel less fragmented.

Feb 19, 2018

I think it largely depends on how involving the update is. If it's just including game mechanics/items, extra cutscenes, sidequests, or even just small alterations and branching paths to a level (Think Chapter 13, Verse 2) that don't require too much effort then I think it'll be free stuff but if it's something like Royal Pack where they're creating whole new setpieces, boss encounters, and presumably level designs/redesigns then that'll be paid stuff. Judging by all previous free updates and paid DLCs I think it's safe to assume that something like maybe a cutscene of Noct sneaking out to meet Luna in Altissia the night before the trial would be free while an Altissia pack that opens up the rest of the city and let's you actually play that night out with Luna with cutscenes and everything while adding to the rest of the chapter with gameplay, lore, etc. as well would be paid stuff.

The trend also seems to be that free stuff comes in ones (one cutscene sequence, one gameplay sequence, or one big game mechanic) with a bunch of smaller things thrown in while paid stuff would be multiples of each lumped together. So yeah I think we'll still get meaningful free updates but the packs will basically be like multiples of those rolled into one.

XZeroRus

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 21, 2015
is it possible that unused scenes like the Dawn trailer segment are in the game's data? if so, would that open a possibility for a mod including those scenes?

the leaker did mention there was an art/gallery/cutscene viewer from a debug menu or something.
The game files practically does not contain unused data. This time developers cleaned such garbage pretty well.

Feb 19, 2018
I think the perfect place tha the Dawn trailer could work within the game is if it's placed during the scene with Noctis and Bahamut, right after Bahamut makes his revelation known to Noctis and Noctis goes into his sleep state and it shows visions to him of his past, it could also then show the Dawn trailer there. And since at that exact moment the audience has the full context for what Regis would be sad about in the Dawn trailer, since Bahamut just revealed it, it would make that scene more impactful than if they showed the full scene earlier than that.

It could also work if it's something that is shown during Chapter 14 too.

Like at after it shows these flashes of Noctis's past at this point 4 mins 30 seconds in.

Have it then show the Dawn flashback 1 minute in here.
I actually think they should replace the Ifrit opening with Dawn, starting at that 1 minute mark. So you’d have this slow, moving opening, and cut to Noctis as a grown up leaving. It would certainly add mystery to the opening.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm pretty sure they will continue the free story updates, anyway, even though I wouldn't mind paying for a Niflheim expansion of sorts, but that's just my opinion. They already said free updates are to continue this year, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of free story updates down the line. We also have yet to see the 2018 road-map, that may help shed light on things, so let's not jump to conclusions like this just yet, and they have to keep their investors happy, not everything can be free forever, even if BD2 wanted to, even in this game or another game.
The thing is, aside from updates to chapter 12 and 13, we haven't gotten any sort of meaningful story updates. Tabata did definitely say there will be more, but I don't think they will be particularly huge (yes, I'm 100% playing devils advocate).

I can personally see every addition from the Pocket Edition being free:
-All the new dialogue
-Expanded Leviathan Event
-The new Shiva "Dungeon"/area.

I can also see things like Dawn trailer (Noct and Regis specifically) footage being repurposed somewhere eventually for free (either in Chapter 13 after Bahamut tells you your fate, OR as part of a new prologue)

Just thinking about it now, I can see how it will be hard to release big, meaningful, meaty story updates for free. I'm not saying they won't happen, but based on what we've got so far, I'm more inclined to think we will have to pay for them.

For example, and this is pure speculation and I "priced" them based on how much content each would have:

1. Episode Ardyn ($5-$10): This one is an exception. I don't think the story will be "Directly" related to the main game
-Takes place before the main game (10-30 years)
-Allows you to drive around in the car he's kept around for so long, in what I personally think will be a region of Niflheim not seen or known by us. A few towns, fairly small (Betweeen Leide and Duscae size if I had to guess).
- Gameplay similar to Noctis, already as all 13 royal arms, as well his Scythe.
-Follows his rise to power in Niflheim as its chancellor, building the Niflheim army, characterizing Iedolas and Verstael even more.
- Leads to Resurrecting Ifrit (thus, becoming your summon) and a boss battle with Shiva, leading to her fate.
- Has flashbacks to 2000 years ago when he was a King and a Healer, as well as being betrayed by the Crystal and his brother.

2. Lucis Expansion ($10): Gives you a reason to replay the first half of the game.
-Repurposed assets from the Royal Edition's Insomnia Expansion get used for a decent prologue/improved chapter 0. Explore Noct's daily life before the departure. Takes ques from the Parting Ways novella, maybe some Brotherhood stuff, as well as some new content.
-Improved Chapters 1-7 story content. More Niflheim cutscenes depicting the villains (Iedolas and Verstael need it the most) more often, more meaningful sidequests (the new leak talks about there being a scrapped(?)/future update about finding out more stuff about Luna and Regis and getting more flashbacks)
-Incorporating Brotherhood as adapted cutscenes after you complete Tours with your bros. (short abriged scenes to how Noct met and became friends with them)
- Opens up a decent sized area above Cleigne, Northern Lucis. Everything there is side content, but you can learn more about the war between Niflheim and Lucis and see some of the areas in Kingsglaive that DEFINITELY took place here. Adds a few new, high level dungeons, maybe some new royal arms (there weren't just 13, there are 113 kings overall), 1 to 2 decent towns (something the game direly needs)
- A short playable story with Luna traveling Lucis to commune with Titan and Ramuh (has a boss battle with Ramuh because Gentiana in Comrades actually hints at it happening)

3. Accordo Expansion ($5): Like the above, gives more reason to play the first half.
- A Smaller expansion that opens up sections of the Cliffs of Ravattrice that surround Altissia and a few of the Isles of Accordo (make good use of that Royal Vessel), adds a few new dungeons and small port towns in these new areas.
- Another short playable story with Luna traveling through parts of Accordo, preparing her communion with Leviathian.

4. Niflheim Expansion ($15): I think a lot could be done here simply because the linearity of the story here would have to be maintained. The entire thing would just be advertised as "more open" and more content. Iedolas and Verstael still need more cutscenes. By far the most requested update.
- Chapter 10- Expands the region of Succarpe to include a new Port town for the Noct and Bros to dock in Niflheim, learn about Niflheim culture, the villains even more, and physically board the train. Also opens up Cartanica in Succarpe to have a small open area and allows you to travel to the Dungeon here.
- Chapter 11- Adds a new stop before the Empire invades the train, allowing you to explore the region of Eusciello and its odd phenomenon of having 2 extremely different environments (Desert and Snowy Mountainous area). Adds a new, optional dungeon. The content in Piztal would stay exactly the same (Prompto falling off the train, Ardyn's crazy shit)
- Chapter 12- Adds Tenebrae as an explorable area/partial dungeon and potentially some other area in Ulwaat. Allow Aranea to accompany you again, until you leave for the next part. The Shiva dungeon would already have been added for free thanks to the Pocket Edition. This area is called Vogliupe, but the Pocket Edition called the area specifically "Arctic Crevasse". Also gives Luna her final playable story in Tenebrae to really drive home her story. This could happen while you are in Tenebrae or when Shiva's dialogue talks about her.
- Chapter 13- Everything is the same, but new content is added after Noct is in the crystal. Basically give the bros the ability to escape Gralea and its city (which was severely underused. Adds another optional dungeon in Gralea itself. More Ardyn terrorizing everyone is by far the most entertaining thing this game has.

For fun:

5. Kingsglaive Adaption ($10)-
-Direct adaption
- Starts with Regis- Boss Battle with Glauca in Tenebrae (tutorial)
- Rest of the game with Nyx, except for the part where Regis and Clarus have a rematch with Glauca (harder battle, you lose anyway)
- Utilizes the Northern Lucis content from the previous expansion to do the battle on the wall and Reuses the Royal Edition insomnia to do the actual invasion and battle with Glauca (even the Kingsglaive HQ was spotted as a location for the Royal Edition potentially)

***I added Luna into each expansion because it would actually be better to have her story have significance all over the main game rather than being a separate episode. I did this specifically because the Leaks are saying that (for those that don't know)
Luna is a party member and may potentially be playable for however long in the Royal Edition/Chapter 14 content. This may be a tease to her playability in other parts in the future.

While I am (partially) joking about the above, I have a hard time believing that any of these things mentioned above won't be behind a paid DLC. And before anyone denies that, they just did exactly that with the Royal Edition (and I am 100% buying it). But to think that they will update the story massively with new gameplay elements for free is kind of a silly gesture.

What I do think we'll get for free though:
- A revamped summon system (and with that probably Bahamut at some point)
- A Hard mode/Even Harder Mode
- Enemy Rebalance
- A revamped magic system
-WoR- I personally think this will actually be their free gift to us at some point. They are already updating chapter 14, and from what it looks like, not directly Lucis but only Insomnia (we'll see though). Another, paid update to Chapter 14 would probably be a little ridiculous.
-Comrades potentially being updated to include a region like Galahd if they decide to add more areas beyond Lucis.

Tl;dr: I'd 150% fucking pay $50 for the above and then some, but only if the above was will into improve the game to this extent. I'd still be disappointed in Square for putting a pricetag on it (its a question of practice, not money itself), but would kiss BD2 for probably improving a game to the point of it becoming another monster entirely.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
The thing is, aside from updates to chapter 12 and 13, we haven't gotten any sort of meaningful story updates. Tabata did definitely say there will be more, but I don't think they will be particularly huge (yes, I'm 100% playing devils advocate).

-All the new dialogue

I can also see things like Dawn trailer (Noct and Regis specifically) footage being repurposed somewhere eventually for free (either in Chapter 13 after Bahamut tells you your fate, OR as part of a new prologue)

Just thinking about it now, I can see how it will be hard to release big, meaningful, meaty story updates for free. I'm not saying they won't happen, but based on what we've got so far, I'm more inclined to think we will have to pay for them.

For example, and this is pure speculation and I "priced" them based on how much content each would have:
1. Episode Ardyn ($5-$10): This one is an exception. I don't think the story will be "Directly" related to the main game
-Allows you to drive around in the car he's kept around for so long, in what I personally think will be a region of Niflheim not seen or known by us. A few towns, fairly small (Betweeen Leide and Duscae size if I had to guess).
-Follows his rise to power in Niflheim as its chancellor, building the Niflheim army, characterizing Iedolas and Verstael even more.
- Leads to Resurrecting Ifrit (thus, becoming your summon) and a boss battle with Shiva, leading to her fate.
2. Lucis Expansion ($10):
-Repurposed assets from the Royal Edition's Insomnia Expansion get used for a decent prologue/improved chapter 0. Explore Noct's daily life before the departure. Takes ques from the Parting Ways novella, maybe some Brotherhood stuff, as well as some new content.
-Improved Chapters 1-7 story content. More Niflheim cutscenes depicting the villains (Iedolas and Verstael need it the most) more often, more meaningful sidequests (the new leak talks about there being a scrapped(?)/future update about finding out more stuff about Luna and Regis and getting more flashbacks)
-Incorporating Brotherhood as adapted cutscenes after you complete Tours with your bros. (short abriged scenes to how Noct met and became friends with them)
- Opens up a decent sized area above Cleigne, Northern Lucis. Everything there is side content, but you can learn more about the war between Niflheim and Lucis and see some of the areas in Kingsglaive that DEFINITELY took place here. Adds a few new, high level dungeons, maybe some new royal arms (there weren't just 13, there are 113 kings overall), 1 to 2 decent towns (something the game direly needs)
- A short playable story with Luna traveling Lucis to commune with Titan and Ramuh (has a boss battle with Ramuh because why not?????)

3. Accordo Expansion ($5):
- A Smaller expansion that opens up sections of the Cliffs of Ravattrice that surround Altissia and a few of the Isles of Accordo (make good use of that Royal Vessel), adds a few new dungeons and small port towns in these new areas.
- Another short playable story with Luna traveling through parts of Accordo, preparing her communion with Leviathian.

4. Niflheim Expansion ($15): I think a lot could be done here simply because the linearity of the story here would have to be maintained. The entire thing would just be advertised as "more open" and more content. Iedolas and Verstael still need more cutscenes.
- Chapter 10- Expands the region of Succarpe to include a new Port town for the Noct and Bros to dock in Niflheim, learn about Niflheim culture, the villains even more, and physically board the train. Also opens up Cartanica in Succarpe to have a small open area and allows you to travel to the Dungeon here.
- Chapter 11- Adds a new stop before the Empire invades the train, allowing you to explore the region of Eusciello and its odd phenomenon of having 2 extremely different environment (Desert and Snowy Mountainous area). Adds a new, optional dungeon. The content in Piztal would stay exactly the same (Prompto falling off the train, Ardyn's crazy shit)
- Chapter 12- Adds Tenebrae as an explorable area/partial dungeon and potentially some other area in Ulwaat. Allow Aranea to accompany you again, until you leave for the next part. The Shiva dungeon would already have been added for free thanks to the Pocket Edition. This area is called Vogliupe, but the Pocket Edition called the area specifically "Arctic Crevasse". Also gives Luna her final playable story in Tenebrae to really drive home her story. This could happen while you are in Tenebrae or when Shiva's dialogue talks about her.
- Chapter 13- Everything is the same, but new content is added after Noct is in the crystal. Basically give the bros the ability to escape Gralea and its city (which was severely underused. Adds another optional dungeon in Gralea itself.

For fun:

-Direct adaption
- Rest of the game with Nyx, except for the part where Regis and Clarus have a rematch with Glauca (harder battle, you lose anyway)
- Utilizes the Northern Lucis content from the previous expansion to do the battle on the wall and Reuses the Royal Edition insomnia to do the actual invasion and battle with Glauca (even the Kingsglaive HQ was spotted as a location for the Royal Edition potentially)

I added Luna into each expansion because it would actually be better to have her story have significance all over the main game rather than being a separate episode. I did this specifically because the Leaks are saying that (for those that don't know)
Luna is a party member and may potentially be playable for however long in the Royal Edition/Chapter 14 content. This may be a tease to her playability in other parts in the future.

While I am (partially) joking about the above, I have a hard time believing that any of these things mentioned above won't be behind a paid DLC. And before anyone denies that, they just did exactly that with the Royal Edition (and I am 100% buying it). But to think that they will update the story massively with new gameplay elements for free is kind of a silly gesture.

- Enemy Rebalance
-WoR- I personally think this will actually be their free gift to us at some point. They are already updating chapter 14, and from what it looks like, not directly Lucis but only Insomnia (we'll see though). Another, paid update to Chapter 14 would probably be a little ridiculous.
We'll see what happens, but like I said, I wouldn't mind paying for content as long as it's fun and gives me a good time, and I understand what you're saying, don't get me wrong, and if any of the paid content was about $40, that would not fly by me at all, even though I would still pay for it, but I wouldn't be pleased about that. But we'll see what happens after the Royal Pack DLC's release, and I'm currently looking forward to playing that at the moment. I may not watch footage of people playing the Royal Pack DLC, other than read written spoilers, unlike I did with the DLC Episodes last year, as I want to be surprised what I see on my TV, spoilers in words are fine, as I don't know exactly how stuff is going down without footage or playing it myself, I want this DLC to be special, so I'm going to withhold myself, and as for paid content if it's $40 or around that, I'd purchase it, but I'd do it to support BD2's efforts in future content for FFXV, and perhaps for Tabata's new IP, but I'd still find that questionable. Also, the snowy region where Shiva is is called Vogliupe, and that's where Episode Prompto's area was found out of bounds by Armiger glitch or by foot.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I honestly think that all we’ll see in terms of free updates are cutscenes and the odd quests. Also VR and your comrades avatar being a playable party member. That’s basically it! I’d also be happy with that.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The game files practically does not contain unused data. This time developers cleaned such garbage pretty well.
did you check out? thats too bad, maybe with the full release?
btw the FFXIV collab will have new costumes and weapons (+ lore to explain the tie-in) for FFXV; apparently its one costume for each bro, and one of the past 24 messengers is related to how the universes tie-in.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
We'll see what happens, but like I said, I wouldn't mind paying for content as long as it's fun and gives me a good time, and I understand what you're saying, don't get me wrong, and if any of the paid content was about $40, that would not fly by me at all, even though I would still pay for it, but I wouldn't be pleased about that. But we'll see what happens after the Royal Pack DLC's release, and I'm currently looking forward to playing that at the moment. I may not watch footage of people playing the Royal Pack DLC, other than read written spoilers, unlike I did with the DLC Episodes last year, as I want to be surprised what I see on my TV, spoilers in words are fine, as I don't know exactly how stuff is going down without footage or playing it myself, I want this DLC to be special, so I'm going to withhold myself.

Yup I agree with that statement. I'd pay for it, because I personally want to see the game to completion, but idk what I'd think about Square if they did pull something like this, and tbh I can see it happening. They are doing it technically with the Royal Edition (Fixing an entire chapter, expanding an already current map, adding new bosses and story in said map). I can see everything I said actually being paid DLC.

On one hand, we'd get high quality gameplay and story updates. On the other.....its paid.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I honestly think that all we’ll see in terms of free updates are cutscenes and the odd quests. Also VR and your comrades avatar being a playable party member. That’s basically it! I’d also be happy with that.
Tabata did say they have more planned in terms of free story updates, but I think they'll be very similar in vein to Chapter 12's update (a 10 minute story event) or Chapter 13v2 (a 20-30 minute playable event), so I agree.

As much as I hate to say it, if we see significant changes to the games story and world (Expanding Niflheim, updating Lucis and its open world, Updating Accordo, whatever else) it may be paid DLC.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yup I agree with that statement. I'd pay for it, because I personally want to see the game to completion, but idk what I'd think about Square if they did pull something like this, and tbh I can see it happening. They are doing it technically with the Royal Edition (Fixing an entire chapter, expanding an already current map, adding new bosses and story in said map). I can see everything I said actually being paid DLC.

On one hand, we'd get high quality gameplay and story updates. On the other.....its paid.
Yeah, and so far the content that had been released so far is nice, but as for what happens with free and paid content, we'll see, but I understand what you're saying, and also, I left some other things in the post you quoted.

Feb 19, 2018

-All the new dialogue

2. Lucis Expansion ($10):
- A short playable story with Luna traveling Lucis to commune with Titan and Ramuh (has a boss battle with Ramuh because why not?????)

3. Accordo Expansion ($5):

4. Niflheim Expansion ($15): I think a lot could be done here simply because the linearity of the story here would have to be maintained. The entire thing would just be advertised as "more open" and more content. Iedolas and Verstael still need more cutscenes.
- Chapter 11- Adds a new stop before the Empire invades the train, allowing you to explore the region of Eusciello and its odd phenomenon of having 2 extremely different environment (Desert and Snowy Mountainous area). Adds a new, optional dungeon. The content in Piztal would stay exactly the same (Prompto falling off the train, Ardyn's crazy shit)
- Chapter 13- Everything is the same, but new content is added after Noct is in the crystal. Basically give the bros the ability to escape Gralea and its city (which was severely underused. Adds another optional dungeon in Gralea itself.

For fun:

-Direct adaption

***I added Luna into each expansion because it would actually be better to have her story have significance all over the main game rather than being a separate episode. I did this specifically because the Leaks are saying that (for those that don't know)

- Enemy Rebalance
-Comrades potentially being updated to include a region like Galahd if they decide to add more areas beyond Lucis.

Tl;dr: I'd 150% fucking pay $50 for the above and then some, but only if the above was will into improve the game to this extent. I'd still be disappointed in Square for putting a pricetag on it (its a question of practice, not money itself), but would kiss BD2 for probably improving a game to the point of it becoming another monster entirely.
I remember Tabata mentioning a currently secret future addition to the game a while back. He made it sound really substantial and important so I wonder what it is to be considered so special. You mentioning WoR just now makes me wonder if it really is just that or if it's some other big story related thing. I guess time will tell unless he was just referring to the Royal Edition. I really hope we get the road map soon after the Royal edition though.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I remember Tabata mentioning a currently secret future addition to the game a while back. He made it sound really substantial and important so I wonder what it is to be considered so special. You mentioning WoR just now makes me wonder if it really is just that or if it's some other big story related thing. I guess time will tell unless he was just referring to the Royal Edition. I really hope we get the road map soon after the Royal edition though.
Yeah, the new road-map should come out after the Royal Pack DLC's release, we need to know what to expect this year.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, and so far the content that had been released so far is nice, but as for what happens with free and paid content, we'll see, but I understand what you're saying, and also, I left some other things in the post you quoted.
Yup! I saw it. Yeah, Vogliupe is that region, but the area (From the Pocket Edition) is specifically called Arctic Crevasse.

And I agree with everything you are saying. I am also hoping, but also trying to think from business standpoint. I'm sure everything we could ever want from this game has been noted by devs, but it is a question on:

1. If they can do it all in time or do what is most important.
2. What they charge us vs. what we get for free.

Doing Insomnia and expanding upon the Finale was probably the thing they thought was most important.

I can personally see a big expansion for Niflheim (Chapter 10-13) being next on their list (After Ardyn).

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yup! I saw it. Yeah, Vogliupe is that region, but the area (From the Pocket Edition) is specifically called Arctic Crevasse.

And I agree with everything you are saying. I am also hoping, but also trying to think from business standpoint. I'm sure everything we could ever want from this game has been noted by devs, but it is a question on:

1. If they can do it all in time or do what is most important.
2. What they charge us vs. what we get for free.
Good point, I see what you mean. As for 1. and 2., I think we'll just have to wait and see for the 2018 road-map to clear any confusion and to tell us what we're exactly getting before we lose our heads speculating what we're even getting, and to keep expectations at low.