Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
For those who don't know what debilitate means; referring to the word used for FFXV, you can simply weaken enemies by hitting sections of the enemy's body that's vulnerable.

The combat planner saying that it can be done by destorying parts of the enemy's body and the first thing comes to mind is literally gore. I'm intrigued by that comment.
And yet they also said you can't chop off body parts... so I don't think so.

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
And yet they also said you can't chop off body parts... so I don't think so.
Chopping off body parts isn't the only way to "destroy" them.
I only remember them talking about no chopping off in regards to ratings due to blood and such but even in Duscae you can rip arms of the Magitek Soldiers.
So in the destroying parts of the enemies body mechanic you might destroy some part of the enemy, Titan's toe nail for example, to enable you to do something.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
This is old but i didn´t catch it until now.
that just made me super nostalgic lol....

I only remember them talking about no chopping off in regards to ratings due to blood and such but even in Duscae you can rip arms of the Magitek Soldiers.
So in the destroying parts of the enemies body mechanic you might destroy some part of the enemy, Titan's toe nail for example, to enable you to do something.
I don't think there's going to be any actual dismemberment going on, I stated this earlier, but at most I feel that they're referring to hitting an area enough to cause a stagger, which definitely could trigger a QTE involving that area, but nothing as egregious as tearing limbs off.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
You can't chop off body parts, because of the rating?
Than why can you cut the tail in LR? It's pegi 12.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Even though this is not XV related i think this is an important discussion, Do you think that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided delay would affect somehow FFXV release date ?
Why would it? Eidos is a completely separate company even if they are a subsidiary of Square Enix that means absolutely nothing. Final Fantasy XIV has been able to work without worrying about Deus Ex, so why should XV?

I have been hearing this rumor (Takeshi Nozue already working on XV´s ending) for some weeks but, could anyone tell from where did it come from ?
Never heard of it.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
No one posted this?

http://www.gamerampage.net/all/haji...ent-airship-underwater-combat-may-be-free-dlc

While it's pleasing to hear that it would be free, it also means it's optional. Airships and underwater combat won't be apart of the main story if it's tacked on afterward. I might be of the opinion that the game should be delayed until both features can be available from Day 1. Granted, that's my humble opinion. I'm a patient man.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
No one posted this?

http://www.gamerampage.net/all/haji...ent-airship-underwater-combat-may-be-free-dlc

While it's pleasing to hear that it would be free, it also means it's optional. Airships and underwater combat won't be apart of the main story if it's tacked on afterward. I might be of the opinion that the game should be delayed until both features can be available from Day 1. Granted, that's my humble opinion. I'm a patient man.
If none of them is crucial to the final game, then there is no point in delaying it.

Sep 26, 2013