Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Sep 26, 2013
Hmmm, had that thought too for a moment, but: they confirmed the bald one in the Duscae area to be the Titan and having another one who looks more like the classic Titan but isn't actually him wouldn't make sense.
Are you sure it isn't a stylized representation of the light/crystals from the shard he's holding up? They could be piercing him, the Titan Noctis fights had a torn up face after all. It would be strange if they added hair randomly to his design after his big reveal in that past trailer.
I wouldn't be against it though, mind. I think it would look really cool.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Fair enough, I thought the logic in pre-beta as in before beta but after alpha was enough to realize the stage it's at.
I don't think there is anything in between. I think pre-beta just simply means alpha. Japan may use development terms a little differently then the west does. I'm no expert on the subject though.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Nice. Between this, leaving behind the Nomura/Vaporware expectations days and the fact that it's been a while since they had a big update/show, I'm really warming up for the hype.

So yeah, I guess now that they have time (I think the game will release in September or so) to play with the features until they're good enough, as well as implement whatever little thing to the base game (namely, moggles or aiships. The latter would be cool if it doesn't detract from the game itself and it's not just a boring, useless gimmick. Moggles would be nice, but they're not essential and could be a fictional backdrop like in VII).

Hopefully, if they show something at Jump Festa, they do it right. I don't think we've had a very big/good showcase of this game since the re-reveal last year (with all the Duscae and the ATR and whatnot). If only March were closer...

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2013

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Hajime Tabata and Wan Hazmer to attend Comic Fiesta 2015 (Malaysia):
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/hajime-tabata-and-wan-hazmer-to-attend-comic-fiesta-2015/

Hmm, at the same day as Jump Festa. But Tabata said FFXV will be appearing in a Japanese event “not too far from now”, so maybe they're doing something for both shows. Trailer at both, next ATR at JF and another presentation at CF?
I would imagine that we may get a pre-recorded ATR at Jump Festa while we have a live presentation at Comic Fiesta.

Oct 19, 2013
A few cool quotes from Tabata about SE/FFXV's development from the newest Edge issue:
"I loved Vagrant Story so much, so when I had the opportunity to meet Matsuno, I asked him all about the game. I was extremely impressed. Matsuno knew everything about his game – every single little detail."
"The Final Fantasy XV team structure is flat. There’s none of the traditional hierarchy that you find in large-scale game development. If there are lots of report lines, I find that important information stops at the top, and people on the ground don’t know what the issues are, or what key decisions have been made. I dislike that approach.

Instead, everybody has the right to pitch in with the decision-making and to help resolve the issues. We have some meeting rooms on the floor, but generally I encourage the team to meet in the open space so that everyone else can hear what’s going on.

One of the policies I’ve created for the team is that, even though each individual has different opinions, I want everyone to report to me about issues. I try to fix things immediately, rather than leaving them to fester for a couple of weeks. Everybody is free to report everything, and then fix it straight away."
"It’s very important to keep our fans, especially those who have been around for 30 years. But there’s always pressure to be attracting new players, of course. I don’t think we have to make a choice to appeal to one group or the other. In many cases, what works for one will hopefully work for the other."
"Tabata and his team have spent a great deal of time studying western open-world games. They consider The Witcher III to be a recent genre high point."

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I really like that approach he's talking about. And I guess it stimulates the development team better (as in, people in there could jump to higher positions in a future game if they show talent in areas they're not hired for (like, a concept artist giving good feedback for the main scenario, the game design...))

I'm a bit worried about the western open-world part, though. But the following phrase mitigates that worry a bit, as I consider The Witcher 3 one of the best games I've played in quite some time, despite its flaws. Believable, interesting and big (overwhelming in some parts, though) world and less like your generic samey one.

A FF must have an interesting world and a plethora of good side characters, quests and places to visit. Flesh that out, make them as unique and fun as possible (not only the main sceneario) and everything will come up Milhouse.

Sep 26, 2013
Hm, odd choice to show at the Malaysian event but not Jump... Unfortunately it may mean there's not much of substance to show after all. I'll be happy for anything new they show as usual, but that mistranslation really got my hopes up.

Sep 26, 2013
At this point I'll get legitimately hyped of FFXV as soon as the majority are hyped up. That's when the feeling radiates strong.
You can consider me to already be on board. Main reason I still hang around here is because people on these boards seem more capable of positivity towards XV than any other community I'm a part of.