Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
To be honest, the fact that we're getting the extra DLCs so far beyond the game's relevancy period is strange to me.

And monthly updates/DLCs being practically the only thing that pulled the players back to the game says a lot about it, as well. I somehow feel that speculating about all that stuff pre-release was more fun and exciting than actually getting it.
To me personally, the only truly worthwhile and great feature was the characters switching implementation, everything else felt and still feels shoe-horned in (including the off-road driving/ring buffs, etc.).
eh dunno about that, i havent tried most of the updates so far.

i imagine someone that didn't feel satisfied with the main game would expect a holy update to change their view of the game, especulating about things is also exciting because too little is set in stone and too much open to possibility.

personally im really excited to experience all the new content

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
i imagine someone that didn't feel satisfied with the main game would expect a holy update to change their view of the game, especulating about things is also exciting because too little is set in stone and too much open to possibility.
What I mean is, ever since the game launched, even when the official forum was still around, the fanbase was practically split in two halves: one which was let down by the game, and the other which told them to wait and see how the game will be after its completion and all the DLCs.

Don't get me wrong, many elements are indeed much better and smooth than they were on release, especially the whole ending segment, but the core problems and certain feeling of cheapness remained the same in almost each new update. So I'm not sure what to expect from the main game's updates beyond what we already have.

I can see the future Episodes being better though, precisely due to them being split from the main game and not being bound to its issues.

Feb 18, 2018
I also just remember this Q&A session mrhappy1227 had with the BD2 team last year: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AqUTHw7YRGwER8IAc0Zt54fbj28wur9KfK4g1UvIHDM/edit

Q1.) In the March update players were given a deeper look into the events of Chapter 13 from Gladio’s perspective. Will we see more gameplay segments like this in future updates?

Though it doesn’t take place from the perspective of the buddies, we’re scheduled to have some updates that will delve deeper into the events in the game with more detail. These updates have existed as a part of our update roadmap to further enhance the experience of the game.

So we were apparently supposed to get new gameplay segments from Noctis's perspective (or maybe other characters?) if I understood that correctly, don't think we ever got that except the Royal Edition stuff which isn't really an update since you had to pay for that, wonder if it's still in the works.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I also just remember this Q&A session mrhappy1227 had with the BD2 team last year: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AqUTHw7YRGwER8IAc0Zt54fbj28wur9KfK4g1UvIHDM/edit

Q1.) In the March update players were given a deeper look into the events of Chapter 13 from Gladio’s perspective. Will we see more gameplay segments like this in future updates?

Though it doesn’t take place from the perspective of the buddies, we’re scheduled to have some updates that will delve deeper into the events in the game with more detail. These updates have existed as a part of our update roadmap to further enhance the experience of the game.

So we were apparently supposed to get new gameplay segments from Noctis's perspective (or maybe other characters?) if I understood that correctly, don't think we ever got that except the Royal Edition stuff which isn't really an update since you had to pay for that, wonder if it's still in the works.
that could either be referring to the reworked chapter 12 or even the Royal Pack update, i dont think his reply was specifically about free updates.

What I mean is, ever since the game launched, even when the official forum was still around, the fanbase was practically split in two halves: one which was let down by the game, and the other which told them to wait and see how the game will be after its completion and all the DLCs.

Don't get me wrong, many elements are indeed much better and smooth than they were on release, especially the whole ending segment, but the core problems and certain feeling of cheapness remained the same in almost each new update. So I'm not sure what to expect from the main game's updates beyond what we already have.

I can see the future Episodes being better though, precisely due to them being split from the main game and not being bound to its issues.
the game was expanded yes but its fundamentally the same; i think what are you trying to say is that you expected them to focus on the core issues but instead we got a mixed-bag of "useless" updates and great ones; i dont think all the game's problems can be fixed with an update tho, but some of them actually fixed one of my main issues like the expanded lore with bestiary and descriptions. the game is definitely meatier today.

anyway you can tell this team isnt experienced enough to create a consistently amazing batch of updates and dlcs, but Ep Ignis and the Royal Pack actually were great additions so i hope the next batch is even better.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah I liked the updated that coinceded with the previous EP. DLCs + Royal Pack plenty(latter is still the best one imo), sure they weren't withou issues but i'd perspnally like more of that in future updates.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
which one is more complete is another issue altogether

i still would rather be able to choose which dlc i want to buy (or season pass if all the content is interesting) instead of buying the entire game again for some extra content.

edit:

but yeah using this to imply nomura is somehow more honorable than tabata is biased.

edit2:

so good + buster sword
Kaneki looks really good in this video.

I'm also worried for the content we'll receive for the game. I will apreciate it and enjoy it, but part of the FFXV experience is the share of joy, rants and ideas. If we don't get anything till 2019, the comunity will be gone ):

Somebody knows something about the pc sales numbers? They planned to crush it with this version, but it doesn't look like their expectations were fullfiled.
I'm worried that the dlc are having a cut in budget due to "low sales".

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I'm hoping we'll atleast get a FFXV collab this year to have a reason to play the game again, it's kinda dead right now and people are losing interest because there's nothing new coming out. There's still the tomb raider collab to look forward to tho.

They said they wanted to stop updating the game every month and take their time to release bigger/more meaningful updates. So they took 2 months to release the last update and it was literally meaningless, a new haircut for Ignis, new recipes, and the ability to change Ep Ignis's title screen, most of the monthly updates have been better than this.

Really hope the next update adds something actually interesting, stop with the recipes, please, no one is asking for that. Bring some interesting updates like the off-road regalia, character swapping, chapter 13 verse 2, the bestiary, the chapter 12 update, stuff like that, not recipes and hairstyles.

We're already not getting ANYTHING except Comrades updates this year. (and the modding tool, but that's only for PC players)

So please, atleast give us good updates so that we have a reason to play the game again. :<
In the patch they also made Duscae Oranges purchasable lol.
I think that patch was slightly significant, especially for those who just picked up the Windows/ Royal Edition. Those recipes they patched are for the people that didn't get to play the Moogle Carnival event. Which now it seems they aren't bringing back, which is weird because it's not like its the Assassin's Festival where it was licensed. Fishing things like the Mummy Bass or Pink Jade Gar and having that one recipe from the carnival was a godsend. Even after using the recipe I still had issues with the mummy bass. I can't imagine what other meaningful patches they might add in due to Tabata stating that the story is complete at this point (which was his explanation why were getting alternate ending DLC). Gameplay wise the only thing I can think of that they would add in is that you can switch between the bros out of battle, yet due to how the interaction system works I don't think they are going to add that in. I think that the only patches we might get is one after the next major patch for the last Comrades patch, which might be a capability patch for Tomb Raider, then one in December and the last being at the end of the DLC.

Edit: I forgot about Hard Mode and the stat-changing magic. Hard Mode seems really likely if they were going to add in anything else, especially after the reworked Ifrit fight in Comrades.

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Edit: I forgot about Hard Mode and the stat-changing magic. Hard Mode seems really likely if they were going to add in anything else, especially after the reworked Ifrit fight in Comrades.
According to Sylva, and a few others that have been messing with things on the Reddit FFXV Discord server, there's already established flags for a hard mode in the options and save data. It's just not functional. Apparently that's the same thing with Lunafreya's combat and/or player data being partially done too from what Sylva's mentioned to me. He said they modified Lunafreya's files as well with the last update.

Majority of the recipes thus far have been what was available via the Assassin's Festival (Semur Skewers), and now the Moogle Chocobo Carnival with the two recipes from that now being available in Altissia. If anything was to be fanservice for the Ignis fanbase, it would've been his hair-down hairstyle being added after six months of requests from the JP and international fandom.

I will say, it was a bit late because one of the FFXV moderators actually had it modded in with both the younger, older glasses and functioning across all of the other costumes, with a correction to the broken shaders on his hair too for a couple of months prior to Square choosing to finally release it alongside the Mod Organizer. The official one is kind of pointless, because from what the moderator wrote down they never bothered to prepare the programming for Older Ignis to have the Casual Crownsguard, or Wild Crownsguard hairstyles so it ends up defaulting to his older hairstyle. Not to mention, the shader problem wasn't addressed either.

They still didn't fix Ignis' 4K textures being broken, and despite updating multiple files in Episode Ignis, Ravus is still completely broken. Can't actually heal you in Episode Ignis, but Ignis still responds as though he's being healed. Ravus' animations for healing also won't play overall.

It's been broken since January-February on PS4, broken on launch with the Windows Edition.

Sylva said they haven't really modified the contents for Comrades so far, and that there's a few thousand mod item entries. So while they've said there's no limit, there actually is from the files apparently.

I think lack of news is being felt all about the community, especially since a lot of the players that have been interested in the XIV / XV collaboration have been disappointed with E3 announcing the new Monster Hunter one... instead of giving us an update on one that was already announced over a year ago.

Given how we had that news drought prior to Royal Edition too, it's a bit sad when it seems as though it's up to people digging like Sylva to bring anything potentially of interest up. I don't know, just how I feel about the matter.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm not too surprised by the XIV + XV collab event not happening yet. There's not really a big reason for them to go through with it. Also, there's probably no ideas on what to put into XIV from XV. They could just do another FATE chain like they did for LR, but I don't think that would be a good idea.

As for other aspects of XV, Comrades on PC was dead on arrival. I played it day one of the game releasing on PC and no one was on save for like one person I saw. The online mode isn't exactly... fun? Although, it's cool to create a custom character.

I think it goes back into the combat of the game not really being that fun. I don't think FFXV needs a hard mode because there's no reason to challenge yourself any more. Look at other action games from SE like KH or NieR Automata where you can fight a boss and not get hit once. There's plenty of bosses in XV where you simply can't avoid damage.

Instead of being able to attack and stagger an enemy and look out for a big attack and follow specific patterns in the AI, you just beat up enemies until they die.

I'm not too surprised they haven't fixed a lot of things, the PC version still has a few bugs here and there. I don't think they have the budget to make a lot of decisions like these. I think they have to focus on the second set of DLC to release to keep XV profitable through the rest of 2018 until they announce FFXVI.

I'd be interested to see what they could do to make people want to play XV. As of right now, there's nothing in the game that keeps anyone occupied. The new DLC might be cool though assuming they can fix the story and explain Ardyn better to make his character make sense.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm not too surprised by the XIV + XV collab event not happening yet. There's not really a big reason for them to go through with it. Also, there's probably no ideas on what to put into XIV from XV. They could just do another FATE chain like they did for LR, but I don't think that would be a good idea.

As for other aspects of XV, Comrades on PC was dead on arrival. I played it day one of the game releasing on PC and no one was on save for like one person I saw. The online mode isn't exactly... fun? Although, it's cool to create a custom character.

I think it goes back into the combat of the game not really being that fun. I don't think FFXV needs a hard mode because there's no reason to challenge yourself any more. Look at other action games from SE like KH or NieR Automata where you can fight a boss and not get hit once. There's plenty of bosses in XV where you simply can't avoid damage.

Instead of being able to attack and stagger an enemy and look out for a big attack and follow specific patterns in the AI, you just beat up enemies until they die.

I'm not too surprised they haven't fixed a lot of things, the PC version still has a few bugs here and there. I don't think they have the budget to make a lot of decisions like these. I think they have to focus on the second set of DLC to release to keep XV profitable through the rest of 2018 until they announce FFXVI.

I'd be interested to see what they could do to make people want to play XV. As of right now, there's nothing in the game that keeps anyone occupied. The new DLC might be cool though assuming they can fix the story and explain Ardyn better to make his character make sense.
They might have some ideas about what to put into XV from XIV, it was data-mined recently on Reddit, the Reddit thread is in the data-mining thread on this site.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Majority of the recipes thus far have been what was available via the Assassin's Festival (Semur Skewers), and now the Moogle Chocobo Carnival with the two recipes from that now being available in Altissia. If anything was to be fanservice for the Ignis fanbase, it would've been his hair-down hairstyle being added after six months of requests from the JP and international fandom.
thats not too bad then

i disagree with that, the combat is better than the main game; the problem is the horrendous amount of loading times and the fact the hunts can be really short... this format is simply tiring

the dlc itself is decent to good, but it lacks more interesting activities like dungeons or maybe pvp.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Nier is a poor example i feel.

While it definitely excells in having fun combat mechanics it suffers from poor balancing which is highlighted in higher difficulties, healing items included thanks to lack of stock limits & significantly low risk in usage *hint hint*.

Dodging is also too safe, various Chips like Auto Heal nerf almost any sort of challenge in half, & while you can avoid damage, Very Hard mode for example is more lazy & tedious than genuinely rewarding while fun on high difficulty due to its 1 hit KO nature from every encounter.

Overall its definitely one of Platinum's lowest efforts in balancing action games regardless of it being their first ARPG.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018
which one is more complete is another issue altogether

i still would rather be able to choose which dlc i want to buy (or season pass if all the content is interesting) instead of buying the entire game again for some extra content.

edit:

but yeah using this to imply nomura is somehow more honorable than tabata is biased.

edit2:

so good + buster sword
Fuck this is too good, fuck my PS4 for not supporting mods, fuck that unlimited bar for tech and armiger unleashed.. PURE CONSOLE PLAYER AGONY! Y_Y