Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

SOLDIER Second Class
May 26, 2014
Does anyone know what the sales figures for the Windows Edition of FFXV are looking like? I'm wondering if it was able to meet the 2 million goal that BD2 had set for themselves and if the severe drought of updates and marketing has anything to do with them just straight up not having the money to do any of that anymore. Could be that they only have just enough to make the DLCs and quietly release them which also makes me worry for the quality of them since this could mean budget cuts.
It's probably around 400k-500k now. When Steamspy went down it was over 300k and it's been a few months since then, and Steamspy says it's in the 200k-500k range, and since we already know it's over 300k since then it'd have gone up since then too. 2m was their lifetime goal, not what they expected it to hit straight away or even a few months after launch. Steamspy currently says that the "Players" of FFXV on Steam is at 441,733, which I assume means that that amount of people have launched the game at least once, which would mean that many people have at least bought the game on Steam.

Most steam game sales happen during actual sales, like there is one right now, and XV is actually ranking in the top 5 top selling games on Steam right now, with PUBG, GTAV and Witcher 3 also being in the top 5 right now. We probably wont ever get any hard numbers for it's sales anymore until it hits a specific milestone.

Ikkin

Keyblade Master
Oct 30, 2016
Are there any easily accessible 3D models of VI characters available anywhere? From what I understand most of the mods we're currently seeing are just ripped from other games like Cloud from Smash Bros or Dissidia.
Terra and Kefka would be relatively easy to rip from the Dissidia games (the PSP games especially, but possibly the PS4 one as well). The World of Final Fantasy chibis are another possibility.

Bazztek

SOLDIER Second Class
May 26, 2014
Steamspy now says FFXV is somehwere between 500k and 1m owners on Steam now, so it's definitely sold over 500k now. Total sales of FFXV would now be over 7.5m, and that's only counting the 7m for the console version from January a few months before Royal Edition released, and adding it with the minimum amount of Steam sales with 500k.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Steamspy now says FFXV is somehwere between 500k and 1m owners on Steam now, so it's definitely sold over 500k now. Total sales of FFXV would now be over 7.5m, and that's only counting the 7m for the console version from January a few months before Royal Edition released, and adding it with the minimum amount of Steam sales with 500k.
FF is dead

edit:

one of my most requested mods is now a reality

Last edited:

Vallen

Sphere Hunter
Mar 4, 2018
So is the FFXV team actually implementing those mod ideas as official costumes in the PC game or are they just giving shoutouts on twitter?

Vankwisha

ShinRa SOLDIER
Feb 25, 2018
For those interested, SE is running a survey at the moment.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SQUARECRO

Be a good chance to voice your opinion. Also they are giving away prizes for completing. Be warned though, it's a long survey.

I mostly vented about the handling of Final Fantasy XV and told them to handle the franchise better, as they're a shadow of their former selves.

FFChocobo18

Keyblade Master
Jan 9, 2017
For those interested, SE is running a survey at the moment.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SQUARECRO

Be a good chance to voice your opinion. Also they are giving away prizes for completing. Be warned though, it's a long survey.

I mostly vented about the handling of Final Fantasy XV and told them to handle the franchise better, as they're a shadow of their former selves.
I took that survey, too, I told them to make sure their upcoming and future games have full stories at launch, I also asked for an FFXII-2 while I was at it.

Lord_Ham_Mork

ShinRa SOLDIER
Feb 23, 2018
I did also told them about how they handled the FFXV story and "Universe" was pretty poor.

When they asked about future games i specified about what they shouldn't do with XVI and what i expect from the final dlc and updates of XV.
Also, I asked for a Dissidia 4 that follows the path of the PSP games instead of what NT did.
And a Soul Reaver Reboot. Because who doesn't want that?xD

stolas

Red Wings Commander
Feb 20, 2018
That survey was long. I mainly commented on how the story telling has been lacking since 2002 (after FFX) and how FFXV had a ton of potential to out rank FFX or even FFVII yet fell flat. The games I requested was a port of FFI-VI with sprites similar to FFIV PSP version or Brave Exvius and a HD port of FFVIII. I totally forgot about Dissidia. I want them to do a HD remake of the Dissidia 012 for the PS4.

Jenova

SeeD A-Class
Oct 28, 2013
I told them to step up their marketing for the last batch of XV DLCs. Square Enix has been having the bad habit of only talking about them (outside of the week they are announced) when they are a few weeks away from release.

Also more post launch DLC for their future AAA games.
Isn't that a good thing? I'd rather not hear about a game project if it's 2-5 years out. I'd rather hear about it when it's nearing release.

stolas

Red Wings Commander
Feb 20, 2018
I told them to step up their marketing for the last batch of XV DLCs. Square Enix has been having the bad habit of only talking about them (outside of the week they are announced) when they are a few weeks away from release.

Also more post launch DLC for their future AAA games.
Well, it is just DLC. The Episodes are only 2 hours worth of gameplay, there isn't much of a replay value unless you are 100% the trophies, and the quality, such as animation, aren't as high as the main game. Also the reaction for them are mixed. I don't think the fanbase really wanted an alternate timeline where Ardyn is a fun uncle. All in all, it makes sense that they aren't try to show something like that when it's 6-7 months away. They'll probably show the Episode Ardyn trailer in December at one of the events.

Jenova

SeeD A-Class
Oct 28, 2013
High fidelity graphics is a series staple. To not focus on graphics would betray a significant aspect of the Final Fantasy franchise. It's always been known to be among the most gorgeous looking games on its initial console releases. That said, I can relate to the sentiment. I roll my eyes at the prospect of 4K when games at 1080 can't even achieve 60 FPS without the "superior" version of any particular console. I'd much rather a game run at 1080p60 (hell, I'd even take 720p60 if I'm being totally honest.) than run at 4k with 30FPS and/or constant frame drops. If only everyone in the industry valued optimization as much as Kojima does.