Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
I mean, given the way this game plays I could only see one way of making it hard (and correct me if anyone doesn't agree):

HARD MODE:
-Scale all regular enemies' level to approximately x1.3-1.4 of Noct's level
-Scale all bosses to x1.5-1.7 of Noct's level
-Adjust the experience needed per level to be higher (so you level up slower)
-Make hourly cooking cooldowns for Ignis (crazy good dishes need longer cooldowns on Iggy before he cooks again)
-Adjust the frequency of finding potions to very low in the world (and heavily nerf Galdio's survival skill)
-Increase the prices of restorative items in shops (eg: make a potion cost 1K, so 10potions=10K, which is good since money is not easy to farm)
-Make a custom tutorial for Hard Mode that stresses the timing of blocking (block just in time = restore health partially etc)

Results:
>Higher level-scaled monsters at all times and slower leveling will prevent you from being overpowered
>Less potions in the world with high shop prices will never result in potion spamming (since it'll be a limited resource)
>And a cooldown on Iggy cooking crazy foods will balance out the insane food buffs that break the game
>The new stress put on the player will have you timing your blocking to restore HP/MP, switching characters to keep distances in tight situations or having the switched character tank some hits while the other party member slowly restores health (so rather than potion spamming, you change character to have the other heal)
If you play on PC, there is a mod that can scale all enemies now. You can set any multiplier on various stats like HP and Attack. So you can do things like x3 HP/x4 damage, or just set the multiplier to 10 and get one shot by everything.

Bazztek

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 26, 2014
I don't think there will be monthly updates from now on, I think they are busy working on Comrades stuff, the modding tools and the upcoming DLC. If they ever do do some more updates I think they will just come on the same time whenever any Comrades updates come.

Bazztek

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 26, 2014
Well it's still really just a recolour of his existing outfit and not the prototype Versus outfit, his vest had a hood on it on the prototype outfit. Also I don't even know why anyone even cares about those old placeholder outfits, the current Roen outfits replaced those when it was Versus anyway and those old place holder ones wouldn't have even been used regardless.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
They were replaced for a reason, not even Nomura wanted them.
just because the director replaced it doesnt mean the previous design can't be appreciated (and not every change is for the better just because the director decided for it); in fact, many criticized the roen costumes for being too boy band.

he also changed stella's original design despite being my favorite look.

edit:

Last edited:

Bazztek

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 26, 2014
just because the director replaced it doesnt mean the previous design can't be appreciated (and not every change is for the better just because the director decided for it); in fact, many criticized the roen costumes for being too boy band.

he also changed stella's original design despite being my favorite look.

edit:

People have been saying boyband ever since the 2008 CG trailer where we see them all in their placeholder outfits.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I don't really mind whether they are added or not, but aside from Ignis & Prompto's old outfits i still prefer the main four's default ones imo.

Bazztek

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 26, 2014
Because -drumroll- they like how they look.

But people who are making the mods do. Why do you have to sour the experience for people who like those outfits?
People are allowed to like it but this is probably the only game I've ever seen anyone obsess over prototype designs, like no one does this with Cloud or Tidus's prototype designs.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
People are allowed to like it but this is probably the only game I've ever seen anyone obsess over prototype designs, like no one does this with Cloud or Tidus's prototype designs.
tbh none of those were featured in full CG trailers and promotional renders for years like the original Versus XIII costumes, and that's one of the reasons ppl grew attached to them.