Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Nier is a poor example i feel.

While it definitely excells in having fun combat mechanics it suffers from poor balancing which is highlighted in higher difficulties, healing items included thanks to lack of stock limits & significantly low risk in usage *hint hint*.

Dodging is also too safe, various Chips like Auto Heal nerf almost any sort of challenge in half, & while you can avoid damage, Very Hard mode for example is more lazy & tedious than genuinely rewarding while fun on high difficulty due to its 1 hit KO nature from every encounter.

Overall its definitely one of Platinum's lowest efforts in balancing action games regardless of it being their first ARPG.

Last edited:

jonataeyeon8992

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 13, 2018
which one is more complete is another issue altogether

i still would rather be able to choose which dlc i want to buy (or season pass if all the content is interesting) instead of buying the entire game again for some extra content.

edit:

but yeah using this to imply nomura is somehow more honorable than tabata is biased.

edit2:

so good + buster sword
Fuck this is too good, fuck my PS4 for not supporting mods, fuck that unlimited bar for tech and armiger unleashed.. PURE CONSOLE PLAYER AGONY! Y_Y

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I would just get an external HDD. Or replace the optical bay with a 2nd HDD. SSDs are still far too expensive to purchase for causal use. That said, I've heard rumblings that SSDs on a whole are to drop in price this year. Maybe even making TB sizes reasonably affordable.

Loganight

ShinRa SOLDIER
Feb 24, 2018
wasnt standalone comrades supposed to be released next month too?
Was there a date attached to any of the Comrades announcements out of PAX East? Thought it was all listed as Summer and Fall.

With the character creation I felt like announcing that it was coming in "Spring" was a sign that it was close. Guess not.

SonOfEtro

White SeeD
May 2, 2016
What are the chances the Astrals will be modded to look more like XIII's fal'Cie or creatures from Type-0 in the years to come? That's something that might happen. Still, nice insertion of Cloud and Lumina into XV's world. Now I wonder when we'll be getting VI mods?

Loganight

ShinRa SOLDIER
Feb 24, 2018
What are the chances the Astrals will be modded to look more like XIII's fal'Cie or creatures from Type-0 in the years to come? That's something that might happen. Still, nice insertion of Cloud and Lumina into XV's world. Now I wonder when we'll be getting VI mods?
Are there any easily accessible 3D models of VI characters available anywhere? From what I understand most of the mods we're currently seeing are just ripped from other games like Cloud from Smash Bros or Dissidia.

CloudBuster

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 19, 2018
Does anyone know what the sales figures for the Windows Edition of FFXV are looking like? I'm wondering if it was able to meet the 2 million goal that BD2 had set for themselves and if the severe drought of updates and marketing has anything to do with them just straight up not having the money to do any of that anymore. Could be that they only have just enough to make the DLCs and quietly release them which also makes me worry for the quality of them since this could mean budget cuts.