Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Wow, quite some heavy bits of news out of today's ATR! We got a new Episode Duscae trailer as Arcana posted.

There is a loss of quality in this version though, I recommend that if you want to analyze the details you should look at the original video here.

There are a few things to notice:
  • The Final Fantasy theme plays throughout the trailer!
  • The hand that reaches out to Noctis is NOT Titan! This is very much likely the summon we will get in the trailer, can you guess who it could be?
  • The Luminous engine is shining in this new trailer, the lighting has changed quite noticeably in Luminous 1.5, did you notice it yourself?
  • And of course, the biggest piece of information, Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae will be available AT LAUNCH of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and will NOT be delayed sometime after the release of Type-0 HD!

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013
Yeah, will be waiting for the press version of the trailer before analysing. Game looks amazing right now. Great news with the launch info as well.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Good on Tabata to deliver on his promises. I'll be enjoying Type-0 HD and Episode Duscae side by side once my pre-order arrives.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Looks really good. Did anyone notice how the lighting reflects on Noctis's clothes right at the beginning? The game shows promise despite the fact that's still far away. Also, dat Prelude!

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
There is no "time limit" if you already have the game downloaded. The only time limit is getting it on day 1. Outside of that, they never mentioned once as far as I know that you only have X amount of time until it becomes unplayable.
Also, I remember Tabata saying there would be ANOTHER demo in the future, so that those who couldn't get Episode Duscae could enjoy that one.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Also, I remember Tabata saying there would be ANOTHER demo in the future, so that those who couldn't get Episode Duscae could enjoy that one.
Though that demo looks considerably smaller and shorter than Episode Duscae. Let's not forget Duscae is the way it is because it's a marketing ploy to help sell more copies of Type 0 HD.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Looks really good. Did anyone notice how the lighting reflects on Noctis's clothes right at the beginning? The game shows promise despite the fact that's still far away. Also, dat Prelude!
I noticed a huge difference in the graphics from Luminous 1.4 to 1.5, it's starting to look amazing.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Yes, why would any summon try to attack a character anyway? I mean, it's not like they haven't done that in previous FFs, right?
That's not what I meant.
Tabata said a while ago that we won't fight a summon or boss in the demo so unless that has changed since then, I doubt this is a summon.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
yeah but didn't he also say we could already summon it right from the start of the demo ( without fighting it) ? I may be wrong but I remember sth. like that.
I don't recall that, otherwise having Titan wouldn't be a spoiler in the demo if you just had him and didn't have to fight him, know what I mean?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
That's not what I meant.
Tabata said a while ago that we won't fight a summon or boss in the demo so unless that has changed since then, I doubt this is a summon.
Sorry for the sarcasm, but I just had to do it lol. Regarding that argument, we all know what happened to the car, so...