Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
The so often called "vision"/atmosphere of the game has not changed guys. It's the trailer direction that has changed because they shifted the focus heavily on exploration and gameplay since 2014.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
Exactomundo. For those worrying that the theme has changed, you're wasting your time. An RPG more so for big JRPGs, is expected to have multiple themes wrapped around the main story and even everything that takes place in the game.

What you guys are saying that's a different atmosphere or change is like saying that the Persona games is now quirky & happy like but in fact it has it's many dark moments.

Just ease your mind. When the time is right for Square Enix, they'll show off something that will convince you that the mellow theme is still present in FFXV.
No, its not the same!!!!! watch versus 13 trailer 2006 and watch ff15 trailers the theme is so different even noctis..or just play the demo the whole game is different you acting like a ff15 fanbnoy sorry... yes ff15 have it has dark moments but versus 13 theme is a whole dark moment was. Square enix keep failing this game turning to be another duke nukem forever.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Perfection or not, everyone has to admit all we knew as "Versus XIII" was just a concept for a game, even with Nomura on board, who's to say much wouldn't have changed? We can't say that.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
I know next to nothing of her role, so although it was saddening news at first, after time I thought it to be the 'right' move. I mean come on, our once perfect Stella has become..... EVEN MORE PERFECT.

This is perfection folks.
No! this is ugly, its like ff13 serah copy... look the original stella back from 2006 that was perfection.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
Perfection or not, everyone has to admit all we knew as "Versus XIII" was just a concept for a game, even with Nomura on board, who's to say much wouldn't have changed? We can't say that.
Well if square enix would let happen versus 13 to ps3 then it would be a game.. but they rather focused the idiot sequels ff13-2 and lightning rertun.Its all square enix fault i feel sorry for nomura.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Like I said earlier, it's a change in scenery from what SE is promoting for FFXV. There will be dark moments. We don't know whether the changes are good or bad, it's just been changed. We'll just have to wait and see. Comparing the changes of FFXV to Duke Nukem forever.... Is pretty bold of you.
You mean it's a strawman argument of course for a kneejerk reaction.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
Like I said earlier, it's a change in scenery from what SE is promoting for FFXV. There will be dark moments. We don't know whether the changes are good or bad, it's just been changed. We'll just have to wait and see. Comparing the changes of FFXV to Duke Nukem forever.... Is pretty bold of you.
well vs13 gameplay/battlesystem is is to different from ff15 and the story is changed too, and who knows what changes to..places etc.. so yes its like duke nukem forever.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
As I said all we seen of Versus XIII was a concept, and that was not even much on it's own.

Also the game was announced far to early, many games you have played in your life have also went through these changes, it was not just shown to public or shown time after the games release.

I guess to put in better perspective, think on how FFVII was to use New York as a setting, as how it was to be on Nintendo 64, etc. That's pretty much what is going on here but the news of FFVII concept wasn't revealed to the public like FFVersusXIII.

EDIT: Even with Nomura being director, trust me things would still be changing.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
So Nojima isn't writing the game anymore? I need confirmation please.
Nojima is credited as "original story" and "plot writer", the actual scenario writing is not by him anymore. However, his story will be kept intact and there was a segment dedicated to it as well as a letter from him in the ATR.