Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I hope the demo isnt just young noctis and we also get something like the overture from tgs 2014 to try out the new combat. I wouldnt understand if the demo that is free for everyone dosent even have the proper combat system for people to try.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Guys, leaks will happen and all, but we're really close to the event. Be considerate for others and keep it on a spoiler tag if you really wish to share it. Don't ruin the surprise for everyone else.

Anyway, less than 12 hours to go. Be prepared for what's to come! :)
And I'll say again here to, just so everyone is aware, I totally thought it was an official teaser release. They're not out of line compared to what they've teased so far, in case anyone is on the fence on watching them.

I would never have posted them if they were too spoilery.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I hope the demo isnt just young noctis and we also get something like the overture from tgs 2014 to try out the new combat. I wouldnt understand if the demo that is free for everyone dosent even have the proper combat system for people to try.
Demo teaser related:
There appears to be combat AS young Noctis. When it gets to the part where they're walking on the books, look on the bottom-left, you'll see the weapon selection icons and it looks like he's armed.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Leaked teasers for demo and mural:

Demo teaser, shows the moogle/carbunkle/fox thing in full:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxNzI4MzEzMg==.html

Interesting teaser with the mural from yesterday, now in 3D:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxNzMxODc2NA==.html
If this leak is accurate, the critter in question has now been confirmed to be a Carbuncle. The title says "Carbuncle Story." Contents are supposedly unique to the demo and not in the final version of the game.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If this leak is accurate, the critter in question has now been confirmed to be a Carbuncle. The title says "Carbuncle Story." Contents are supposedly unique to the demo and not in the final version of the game.
I agree that it's most likely Carbuncle for obvious reasons, but is that confirmation or is that the leaker's take on it? Either way, I'm pretty sure everyone is assuming carbuncle at this point anyway.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
"If this leak is accurate."
What I meant was, is it what the leaker is calling it, or is it what the leaker is saying it's called?

IOW, is that part a leak or an interpretation?

Edit: In case this is a text interpretation thing, I'm literally asking, not challenging your definition of a leak.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
This will be the only thing I think about for the next 24 hours. Just how I'm wired. I even let people here at work know that nothing was happening that isn't absolutely necessary today, lol.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
What I meant was, is it what the leaker is calling it, or is it what the leaker is saying it's called?

IOW, is that part a leak or an interpretation?

Edit: In case this is a text interpretation thing, I'm literally asking, not challenging your definition of a leak.
Not sure what the leaker has said, but the title that I've mentioned is the name of the entry for that demo. So, the latter. The leaker claims that's what it's called.

Sep 26, 2013
Anyone have any guesses what the identity of that magic spell Noctis is wielding could be? The symbol doesn't look like fire, blizzard or thunder to me. Ring magic? Cure?

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Ahh, Leaks everywhere! I intentially avoided most of them thanks for spoiler-taggin everyone! I did see the mural video though, beautiful and that
Dawn trailer music is god-like, based Shimomura
!! Im super hyped for this event:)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yeah, sorry man, I didn't know they were leaks! Don't fret too much though, they're very small leaks. It's just a teaser for the demo. Luckily, I haven't seen anything super major being spoiled yet.