Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
You must have missed the part where I said I was a fan of XV nevertheless, so I'm not really sure what point you think you're making here. I have clearly let it go, but that's not mutually exclusive with thinking a game directed by Nomura would be better than a game directed by Tabata. Your "advice" comes off as not only unnecessary but also condescending.

Sep 26, 2013
Why? It's a part of this game's extremely unique development. It's the project that got so many people interested in this title in the first place. It seems extremely relevant to any discussion about the project as a whole, despite the fact that defenders of the current state of the project seem threatened by the mention of this prior state. It's natural to be happy or unhappy about the changes and even to talk about them. The game is not above criticism or praise for its developmental changes particularly when you consider that the project was being sold as something else for the majority of its lifespan. I think XV looks great in its current state, but I also don't think a topic should be banned or derided just because it threatens the wholly positive echo chamber a lot of people find comfortable.

Sep 26, 2013
That "concept" had a completed story scenario and live gameplay as well as a different director that people might have opinions about one way or the other man. The changes have even been laid out for us in an incomplete fashion by the new director. I think it's worth discussing, and I'm not even the one that brought it up in the first place!

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
That "concept" had a completed story scenario and live gameplay as well as a different director that people might have opinions about one way or the other man. The changes have even been laid out for us in an incomplete fashion by the new director. I think it's worth discussing, and I'm not even the one that brought it up in the first place!
@Death Penalty Yep, speak of the (Diabolos, he he) I find this quite interesting. Anyone in Japan that goes to see KG starting on August 6th gets this cool little sticker card:
https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/760414691705233408
Co2JGszUAAE0Tk6.jpg

Its quite intriguing since I think this is the first time the full winged skull emblem repleate with the outline embroidery (as it was displayed on the marble flooring outside the citadel in Versus and in the old Insomnia concept art) has been shown on/in actual tangible merch specifically associated with KG. Further, they are showing it next to the altered (seemingly official) logo of Lucis! . . . This leads me to think that the full symbol still must hold importance somewhere somehow in some unspecified way in the story of XV. Maybe its Regis's personal seal as opposed to the crest of Insomnia or something?) Anyway, I hope it gets explained or somehow referenced in the game. I love lore!!

Also I like the other logos and crests on this card as well. Too bad Im in the US. This is a neat little piece of swag! (maybe they will give them out at the limited non-Japan showings as well.)

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Man, if we get Diabolos I'll be so fucking happy. Easily one of my favourite summons of the entire series, so I can't understand how is it that he's not been featured beyond VIII (meaning mainlines and disregarding the VI GBA version, the online games and his little appareance as a Mark in XII).

Pls, Tabata. Also, make him be trapped in a Magic Lamp and the inner FF VIII fanboy in me will be satisfied.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Man, if we get Diabolos I'll be so fucking happy. Easily one of my favourite summons of the entire series, so I can't understand how is it that he's not been featured beyond VIII (meaning mainlines and disregarding the VI GBA version, the online games and his little appareance as a Mark in XII).

Pls, Tabata. Also, make him be trapped in a Magic Lamp and the inner FF VIII fanboy in me will be satisfied.
Well, we must all keep expectations in check. I'll say this though. Diabolos does seem to make an appearance in JMV, and all previous FF mini games have been true to their respective worlds, meaning the monsters/creatures and lore that appear in a given mini-game is cannon in that specific FF universe.

Someone's theory on one of the Final Fantasy XV threads on the official forum is that one only need to look at the creatures in JMV to determine the true summons for FFXV. If Justice Monsters V includes other stuff not in XV it would be a huge break to tradition, and a first for the series. Given this, I think that poster may be on to something. (On the other hand, this is also the first in the series to have fully real-time combat, so...)

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Well, we must all keep expectations in check. I'll say this though. Diabolos does seem to make an appearance in JMV, and all previous FF mini games have been true to their respective worlds, meaning the monsters/creatures and lore that appear in a given mini-game is cannon in that specific FF universe.

Someone's theory on one of the Final Fantasy XV threads on the official forum is that one only need to look at the creatures in JMV to determine the true summons for FFXV. If Justice Monsters V includes other stuff not in XV it would be a huge break to tradition, and a first for the series. Given this, I think that poster may be on to something. (On the other hand, this is also the first in the series to have fully real-time combat, so...)
Yeah, I'm being cautious, as "small amount of summons" means that we might only get the most iconic ones. It could be like FF XIII, though, no? Having non-gameplay summons. Although I don't know, considering how tied they seem to be in regards to this universe.

Which makes me remember that XIII actually had designs of Diabolos, although he didn't make it. Can't wait for the Ultimania for XV.

I just want to see his attack in glorious Luminous visuals :cactuar:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Yeah, I'm being cautious, as "small amount of summons" means that we might only get the most iconic ones. It could be like FF XIII, though, no? Having non-gameplay summons. Although I don't know, considering how tied they seem to be in regards to this universe.

Which makes me remember that XIII actually had designs of Diabolos, although he didn't make it. Can't wait for the Ultimania for XV.

I just want to see his attack in glorious Luminous visuals :cactuar:
Definitely, The Ultimania for this game will be quite something I imagine.