Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Same, Nomura excels at coming up with ideas and then convoluting the shit out of them. FFXV is at least clear and transparent, I'd take that over 1 trailer per 4 years and not knowing exactly what we're getting.

You're writing off the dialog because it doesn't mesh well with your pre-determined opinion of Luna, how to you expect people to accept your argument if you won't take her own dialog into account? It's fine, you don't have to like Luna but don't go telling me her dialog that shows her to be a strong willed character isn't relevant because why exactly? Honestly, you say that this isn't about Stella but this is clearly the case just like you said you weren't making snap judgments in your previous post but you were :D

Sure you can accept that 1 second Stella scene as her being strong without knowing anything about her character or how she was going to be handled, but you can't accept a scene where Luna was standing against Leviathan? I am not gonna spoil but maybe you should watch the recent footage before making claims like that because honestly you don't seem impartial at all. As I said, you don't have to like her but don't write off things just because they don't fit with your opinion.

I trust Tabata and I liked what he did with Crisis Core, so I am optimistic in his ability to deliver something just as powerful. Nomura however, as much as I like KH, is not the best storyteller in the world and I am legit worried about FFVIIR.

Telling people off? This is a forum, people discuss things and that's what I was thinking. Are you seriously going to make this a personal thing because I don't believe in Nomura's vision as much as you do? If so I'll just avoid talking to you in the future.
Dude, I've seen the damn footage and I will tell you right now, it's doesn't mean jack if the movie implies that she can't even defend herself. That she is able to go against Leviathan only implies that she is either reckless or has gained a power. But in the movie, as I said, she does not have any.

And you made it personal first by attacking me about just mentioning that I wanted to see what Nomura had to offer. And clearly you didn't read the rest of my posts in this thread where I said that I hope Luna is better in the game. I'm judging her character based entirely on the movie. If you like it, you are entitled, but I've mentioned that I do not think Luna is a good character and have given my reasons for it and made a thread about it. If you wanted to discuss Luna's character, you could have done it there, but you chose to do it when this is just supposed to be about general news and over all thoughts. And my over all thoughts are that I don't believe in Tabata as a story teller. I don't care if you feel the same way. Just don't go the "oh, I'm sick and tired blah blah blah" shtick.

Last edited:

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
Dude, I've seen the damn footage and I will tell you right now, it's doesn't mean jack if the movie implies that she can't even defend herself. That she is able to go against Leviathan only implies that she is either reckless or has gained a power. But in the movie, as I said, she does not have any.

And you made it personal first by attacking me about just mentioning that I wanted to see what Nomura had to offer. And clearly you didn't read the rest of my posts in this thread where I said that I hope Luna is better in the game. I'm judging her character based entirely on the movie. If you like it, you are entitled, but I've mentioned that I do not think Luna is a good character and have given my reasons for it and made a thread about it. If you wanted to discuss Luna's character, you could have done it there, but you chose to do it when this is just supposed to be about general news and over all thoughts. And my over all thoughts are that I don't believe in Tabata as a story teller.
How is it that that scene doesn't mean jackshit if she literally caused a magical blast against Leviathan? It could be that she got her powers in game but so what? She still showed that she is capable of fighting, let alone her huge role of being the only one able to stop the plague. She has the emotional strength to do what she thinks is right even if that would cost her her own life and this isn't being weak. You can call her stupid or delusional but by that logic every FF female character could be described as such for doing equally stupid things.

Attacked you? So if I disagree with you and tell you what I think then that means I am attacking you? lol. Also, I replied to a post you made in here and you mentioned Luna in it, that's why I replied to you here. Why is this a big deal?

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
How is it that that scene doesn't mean jackshit if she literally caused a magical blast against Leviathan? It could be that she got her powers in game but so what? She still showed that she is capable of fighting, let alone her huge role of being the only one able to stop the plague. She has the emotional strength to do what she thinks is right even if that would cost her her own life and this isn't being weak. You can call her stupid or delusional but by that logic every FF female character could be described as such for doing equally stupid things.

Attacked you? So if I disagree with you and tell you what I think then that means I am attacking you? lol. Also, I replied to a post you made in here and you mentioned Luna in it, that's why I replied to you here. Why is this a big deal?
Because it has nothing to do with Kingsglaive that's why! And in Kingsglaive, it is specifically mentioned that she has no magical ability. That's why I'm not counting it, because it doesn't affect Kingsglaive because it has neither happened yet, we have no context for it and by all accounts the movie has made it clear that Luna has no magical powers to do anything. And even then, the most likely reason she has magic is probably due to communing with the Ring of the Lucii. BUT WE DON'T KNOW! That is what I am trying to get across to you. You can't bring up Leviathan to defend Luna in Kingsglaive if you don't even know the damn context about the scene in question.

And as I've mentioned before, it is with Kingsglaive that we have to draw our conclusions about Luna currently and in Kingsglaive, most people have found her weak and useless..

And you mentioned Luna first by implying that it was only because we couldn't get past Stella.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
Because it has nothing to do with Kingsglaive that's why! And in Kingsglaive, it is specifically mentioned that she has no magical ability. That's why I'm not counting it, because it doesn't affect Kingsglaive because it has neither happened yet, we have no context for it and by all accounts the movie has made it clear that Luna has no magical powers to do anything. And even then, the most likely reason she has magic is probably due to communing with the Ring of the Lucii. BUT WE DON'T KNOW! That is what I am trying to get across to you. You can't bring up Leviathan to defend Luna in Kingsglaive if you don't even know the damn context about the scene in question.

And as I've mentioned before, it is with Kingsglaive that we have to draw our conclusions about Luna currently and in Kingsglaive, most people have found her weak and useless..

And you mentioned Luna first by implying that it was only because we couldn't get past Stella.
You don't get my point, and I have a feeling that you probably won't. I am not talking exclusively about Kingsglaive here, I am looking at the entire picture and basing my opinion off the things I saw. If FFXV comes out and Luna's role ends up being underwhelming, I will say for a fact that she isn't what I hoped to be. However, an introduction of the story doesn't mean much to me in terms of character development. Do you judge Peter as a character based on the first opening minutes of a Spiderman movie? Of course not! That's what Kingsglaive to me, an opening to a much bigger story in game, it reassured me that Luna at least has some emotional strength in her and I would like to see it develop and expanded in game. What I've seen of her in the game gives me a reason to be optimistic, I am not saying she is going to be the best character, but for me she is sure setting up to be. Agree or disagree with me that's your choice, but a lot of people I know found her to be a good character. Its subjective and not everyone is going to feel the same about her and that's fine.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
You don't get my point, and I have a feeling that you probably won't. I am not talking exclusively about Kingsglaive here, I am looking at the entire picture and basing my opinion off the things I saw. If FFXV comes out and Luna's role ends up being underwhelming, I will say for a fact that she isn't what I hoped to be. However, an introduction of the story doesn't mean much to me in terms of character development. Do you judge Peter as a character based on the first opening minutes of a Spiderman movie? Of course not! That's what Kingsglaive to me, an opening to a much bigger story in game, it reassured me that Luna at least has some emotional strength in her and I would like to see it develop and expanded in game. What I've seen of her in the game gives me a reason to be optimistic, I am not saying she is going to be the best character, but for me she is sure setting up to be. Agree or disagree with me that's your choice, but a lot of people I know found her to be a good character. Its subjective and not everyone is going to feel the same about her and that's fine.
And a lot of people I know have found her detestable.

And Nozue and Tabata have claimed that Kingsglaive can be viewed on its own without needing to play the game. And that is where I'm going with it. Because that's how they wanted it viewed and that is how I'm going to view it.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
And a lot of people I know have found her detestable.

And Nozue and Tabata have claimed that Kingsglaive can be viewed on its own without needing to play the game. And that is where I'm going with it. Because that's how they wanted it viewed and that is how I'm going to view it.
And? That doesn't defy my statement that its a subjective thing, its not a contest, you know.

And I don't view it as a stand alone movie because it doesn't feel like one to me as I have stated before in Kingsglaive thread. The invasion is still a huge part of the story, its basically the setting of the entire thing. Anyway, clearly this discussion is going nowhere, its clearly that none of us is convinced with what the other is saying. ;P

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm not going into

If it's the teased Leviathan battle - I'm not watching it. Not gonna spoil the battle against my favourite summon.
I think it's going to be much, much worse than that. My guess is it's the real, main actual story trailer. You SHOULD avoid it, but you ain't missin this one, lol. It'd be like missing the E3 reveal trailer. I'm expecting it to be very, very spoilery.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I feel they didn't revealed much of the game so far tbh so I wouldn't mind a few spoilers.
Itll be nice if it was only a few but if I remember they revealed almost everything about type0 and LR before launch through trailers and jump scans, feel like they are going to do the same with XV.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I think it's going to be much, much worse than that. My guess is it's the real, main actual story trailer. You SHOULD avoid it, but you ain't missin this one, lol. It'd be like missing the E3 reveal trailer. I'm expecting it to be very, very spoilery.
Im going to try my best to avoid everything. Im not going to faqs or gaf and muting xv on twitter hopefully this forum is good about being quiet if they saw it.