Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm cofused. The official FFXV twitter account says they didn't give Edge the full game. Are you saying that they gave Edge a build that's missing a few minor things or not the complete full game?.
I'd assume the later. Where they got to probably isn't close to the end, which is why I keep jokingly stating that the part we think is the end of the game is actually the middle. Realistically though, its probably close to the end, they just didn't let them see much of the end game material. We know that Noctis has to meet up with his friends before the end, the preview doesn't talk about that, only that there seems to be a horror/stealth/linear section towards the end of the game with just Noctis, we don't know where though.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Are we sure Edge's love affair with their thesaurus didn't backfire and imply something that wasn't actually true?

As far as I can tell, they never explicitly claimed to have beaten the game. That would seem like a safe assumption based off of their reference to the game's "stentorian conclusion," but it's not entirely implausible that they'd be referring to what they saw of the endgame in spite of not having finished given Squenix' express denial that Edge beat the game. (It's not like "stentorian" isn't a questionable choice of words on its own. =P )

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I swear to god...

Thank you for volunteering for the ignore list. Now I'll move on.

Alternative crackpot theory!

The guy played 40 hours, right? And thinks he's at the end of the game, right?

This, from the afrojack trailer, looks like it may well be the section he's referring to:

Which, to me, looks a little bit like he's on his way back to Insomnia to reclaim his throne.

So, I've been of the mind that the game does NOT end with you reclaiming the throne. IMO, there have been many clues to this effect, though nothing concrete. Generally, these things start with a more "local" goal and expand to, basically you killing God of some kind by the end of it. My guess? The preview is only on the first half or 2/3 of the game, and this leads to the transition from young to old Noctis and crew.
My point exactly! If you look at the old story beats from Versus XIII, it mentions that the fight to take back Insomnia would have been game 2 of 3. The 3rd game would have been about fighting the Gods. The first one was used to make Kingsglaive's story. And why would Ifrit be one of the last boss fights? It reminds me of how you fight Dr. Cid in XII and he has Famfrit to fight with him, yet you can get the summon right after.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I just dont fucking understand anymore. How THE FUCK EDGE can pointing out about ending being "powerful but confusing" if they didn't even finish the game? Sounds like bullshit. I just wonder how much chapters they played.
Im so tired of these preview, extended-preview, pre-review and other builds just holy fuck Square Enix.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
Square Enix shouldn't have passed around these pre-reviews like candy, they should have stuck to simple review pre-release and that's it.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I just dont fucking understand anymore. How THE FUCK EDGE can pointing out about ending being "powerful but confusing" if they didn't even finish the game? Sounds like bullshit. I just wonder how much chapters they played.
Im so tired of these preview, extended-preview, pre-review and other builds just holy fuck Square Enix.
The specifically said the ending was that? or just the story section that they got to was?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
wondering if this preview build only contained glimpses of the second half, since he didn't mentioned the train segment...

I thought it went gold in October.
they said on the last ATR that if it was extremely necessary they would make changes.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Honestly, DrBretto, you have a tendency to get into pointless slapfights with people over some trivial stuff. You could just let it go sometimes, you know?
That was not trivial.

Edit: Nor did I pick a fight. I asked who she or she was talking about and they kept worming out of it in the most obnoxious manner.