Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
http://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how-to-remap-buttons-on-your-playstation-4s-controller/

Here's a link on how to do it. You definitely CAN do it. And since this is your first PS4, it's probably not going to hurt you too much since I imagine you'll be playing this one pretty exclusively at first :p

But I'm at work, so I can't test the button prompts. You know what button does what, though, because oyu designed that scheme yourself, so even if it's a different prompt, you'll get used to it. I used to have to do it all the time with the PC.

Edit: Article confirms that the button prompts do NOT change. So that will be the big drawback. You'll get used to it quickly, though.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Got email from amazon concerning collectors guide book. Estimated December 6th arrival.

Not bothered by that since I'm not really going to use the guide. At least not for my first run through the game.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
My UCE is less than an hour from my house, but the expected delivery date still reads 11/30. =(

Is there any way to convince UPS to just let you pick a package up from their facility? xD

SilverGlyph

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 27, 2016
So how many of you lot actually going to avoid watching/reading the reviews once the embargo lifts?

I'm not going anywhere near the reviews myself! In fact, I won't be online at all on the 28th or once I get hint of the reviews hitting Internetz. All I have to see is 'First Review of....' and I'll have a knee jerk reaction, throwing my phone across the room or end up ripping the power cord out of my PC xD
I won't go out of my way to avoid reviews, but I don't put much stake in them either. If I do bother reading them, it'll just be out of curiosity as to whether or not the reviewer enjoyed the game.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Personally I don't think western reviewers will score this game highly.

They tend to be more biased and lenient towards western titles (fallout 4) while being more unforgiving of Japanese games.

I don't put much stock in their scores.

Would love for it to score very highly (90) but their score won't impact my enjoyment of the game.

Scores are an excuse for trolls to bash the game even more from what I can see. It's like a d*** measuring contest :/

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
See, I can understand the general public being 'dumb' and not understanding why XV was delayed, but when news outlets like The Know come out and say "oh they wanted to avoid a big day 1 patch and now the Crown update is out, hurr durr looks like that went well for them" just outright infuriates me. It's the spread of misinformation, not just of this game, but of any game that ruins the image of a game. Like, I love The Know, and normally they are pretty good, but just watching the video would show them that the reason for the delay was to not only avoid that big day 1 patch, but to fix all the technical issues that would've been fixed with that day 1 patch, so that it would be playable to a satisfactory degree without the need of a patch.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
My UCE is less than an hour from my house, but the expected delivery date still reads 11/30. =(

Is there any way to convince UPS to just let you pick a package up from their facility? xD
Call and find out. You are allowed to pick up packages at the UPS facilities, I've done it before. The thing is, it's possible that the reason it will take longer is because they need to sort the packages.

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
See, I can understand the general public being 'dumb' and not understanding why XV was delayed, but when news outlets like The Know come out and say "oh they wanted to avoid a big day 1 patch and now the Crown update is out, hurr durr looks like that went well for them" just outright infuriates me. It's the spread of misinformation, not just of this game, but of any game that ruins the image of a game. Like, I love The Know, and normally they are pretty good, but just watching the video would show them that the reason for the delay was to not only avoid that big day 1 patch, but to fix all the technical issues that would've been fixed with that day 1 patch, so that it would be playable to a satisfactory degree without the need of a patch.

They don't seem to understand that if they didn't include the patch on the disc, the current day one patch, Crown Update, would have been even bigger. And of course the game will get even more updates and patches down the line. That's the nature of the industry now, and especially so for games as complicated and intricate as open world games. Why they feel they needed to take a jab at S-E for still having a day one patch seems like it hides an agenda. And I question why.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
They don't seem to understand that if they didn't include the patch on the disc, the current day one patch, Crown Update, would have been even bigger. And of course the game will get even more updates and patches down the line. That's the nature of the industry now, and especially so for games as complicated and intricate as open world games. Why they feel they needed to take a jab at S-E for still having a day one patch seems like it hides an agenda. And I question why.
I thought Tabata made it clear that his problem with using a day one patch to fix the August master wasn't about size so much as it was about offering a worthwhile experience to people who couldn't download the patch at all.

He showed us how dire the game looked pre-patch. It wasn't just missing a few cool features -- it looked half a gen worse. The delay would have been worth doing even if the patch size in September would have been virtually identical.

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
I thought Tabata made it clear that his problem with using a day one patch to fix the August master wasn't about size so much as it was about offering a worthwhile experience to people who couldn't download the patch at all.

He showed us how dire the game looked pre-patch. It wasn't just missing a few cool features -- it looked half a gen worse. The delay would have been worth doing even if the patch size in September would have been virtually identical.
And the on-disc patch does achieve that. The Crown Update is icing on the cake.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Call and find out. You are allowed to pick up packages at the UPS facilities, I've done it before. The thing is, it's possible that the reason it will take longer is because they need to sort the packages.
Maybe I might get lucky after all, then. =D

I looked around on the tracking website a bit more to figure out where to call and it looks like there's some kind of free membership thing that lets you request to pick things up from the UPS facility online, but I think I'm just going to call on Friday and talk to someone directly to make sure that they don't put a hold on it and then make it impossible to pick up until Wednesday anyway. >_>;

Personally I don't think western reviewers will score this game highly.

They tend to be more biased and lenient towards western titles (fallout 4) while being more unforgiving of Japanese games.

I don't put much stock in their scores.
I have never understood the scoring of Bethesda games. I can understand people finding the content to be top-notch (even if nothing about them seems appealing to me), but they usually don't get dinged at all for being flat-out broken. >_>;