Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
By deserving do you mean the content within the game wasn't up to par?

From what I've played, read, and seen, I highly doubt it's a game that deserves low 80's.

Great art direction, dungeon design, set pieces, character development, side quests, music etc etc.

So much variety and things that they got right with this game. No game is perfect and got every single aspect right.

So one flaw completely firebombing 15's score is suspicious to me when fallout 4, a mess of a game, managed to score highly.

FF13 was low 80's. This game being anywhere near that is concerning and insulting to the dev team imo since that game didn't have anywhere near the variety 15 does.
I don't know. I'd rather wait to play the entire game before I give my opinion on it. Also, I'll wait for full reviews, as I haven't been paying attention to impressions.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
So far(from what official media ive seen)I know l really dig the gameplay, main characters and how they interact with each other, exploration and music and they'll hit all the right notes.

I'm know I'll find the story entertaining but one thing I'm hoping for is good character development and screen time from the antagonists.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Expanding on from my post the other day about the supposed "lack of story".

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225392696

(Zero spoilers of course)

"There is a lot of story but a lot of it happens during exploration"

No going straight from point A to point B unless you're doing a speed run for some reason.

How much story you experience is dependent on your play style.

Take your time and savour the sweet taste this game has to offer ladies and gentleman.

You wouldn't want to miss out on anything would you? ;)
So basically, any FF fan who's ever finished Bloodborne and liked it won't find a problem with XV's not-always-so-obvious "storytelling." And if they do, well, Idk what to say.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
So basically, any FF fan who's ever finished Bloodborne and liked it won't find a problem with XV's not-always-so-obvious "storytelling." And if they do, well, Idk what to say.
Is the story in Bloodborne like the ones in the Souls games? Barely any cutscenes at all, faint indications of what to do, and the lore is told by sparse conversations with NPCs?

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
First it was all like "The game is coming soon!"
Then it was all like "The game is coming next year!"
Then it was all like "The game is coming out next month!"
Now it's all like "The game is coming out on Tuesday!"

Let that sink in. Feel the glow.
Don't you dare be sour.
Clap your hands and feel the power!!

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I don't think its proper example, Bloodborne barely have a story, its more about lore and stuff. While FFXV is all about story, and its really worrying to hear some impressions about some of chapters in the game.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Is the story in Bloodborne like the ones in the Souls games? Barely any cutscenes at all, faint indications of what to do, and the lore is told by sparse conversations with NPCs?
Well thats how some impressions are saying first half of the game is before the story ramps up in the second half.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, this being the internet, those same people will find a way to have a problem with it, lol. But yeah, there wouldn't be anything to say to them.

This isn't just FF that's doing this. This is the way games have been moving for as long as it's been possible to do so, and I don't think it's going away any time soon. The idea/goal here seems to be to have the most seemless and immersive world possible, and that includes having the story told dynamically via gameplay instead of stopping the action for cutscenes at every turn.

I think it's totally feasible to strike a balance between the two formats. It's mostly just people on the internet used to the old way that will complain about it.

Fun note, FF tried to do the exact opposite thing when FFVIII came out, though I imagine it's the same base idea/goal. They realized they could do this while working on FFVII and decided to feature it in FFVIII, and that's the ability to move your 3D polygon character around with the cutscene playing in the background. And that gave birth to scenes like the Galbadian attack with the QTE punching fight.

Apparently, it was ok then, but it's not OK now, lol :p

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Lads, anyone know its available to download mini-soundtrack and PS4 theme that comes with Digital Premium edition or i have to wait til release?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
The theme, yes. I've been using it forever. Now my PS4 plays somnus all the time.

I don't know how to access the mini soundtrack or when or if it's available. But I am interested to find out.