Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It's not about obstructing "freedom of opinion", but keeping the Versus talk within the confines of the appropriate thread (Hint: Versus posts go in the Versus thread).

It's not exactly rocket science =/

For the hundredth time this is for General News. Applying reading comprehension skills taught in primary school would be ideal.

For example, this...

Here I am again,

With some new Versus News. The story of Versus was completed 2010

Here ya go all:

http://kotaku.com/5575225/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-story-finalized

But yeah you know then tabata came and changed it into a sacrifice texas chainsaw massacre game both....Movie and game
... does not belong here. You're free to post this, but at least be respectful enough to post it in the right place.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
TBH this Versus talk is Square's fault, if they had only shown the game when it was ready to ship, none of this would have happened, none of it. Versus XV wouldn't even be a thing. This is really ultimately Square's doing, I mean when you sell a particular vision, and advertise that the vision was going to be preserved. Then the product releases and none of the stuff people got hyped about is in the final product to the point where it's two different games. How could they have not expected this to happen.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I wouldn't expect anything from Nojima or Nomura unless it had something to do with this supposed Versus reboot,, like if Nojima scripted a post-ending DLC episode it would probably be something to loosely tie FFXV to a Versus XV whatever you call it, I only suspect the Episode Ignis, Gladio, and Prompto, a Dark World DLC, and whatever story updates they can make.
The only time Tabata's ever talked about Nomura in the context of FFXV post-2014 was when a fan was basically asking about something that would have amounted to a public reconciliation.

If "that person" is Nomura, why in the world wouldn't it be related to that instead of some sequel nonsense that would only cause more division?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
The only time Tabata's ever talked about Nomura in the context of FFXV post-2014 was when a fan was basically asking about something that would have amounted to a public reconciliation.

If "that person" is Nomura, why in the world wouldn't it be related to that instead of some sequel nonsense that would only cause more division?
TBH I feel like a Versus XV would only mend the division, the division was caused by Square, and can only be ended when Square satisfies the people that want the Versus concept in it's entirety.

Square messed up, E3 2013 should have been FF7 Remake, and Kingdom Hearts 3, and they should have waited till the game was ready, till the game was almost done before they showed it off. Square caused this division and sweeping it under the rug only makes things worse, especially with the Versus XV rumor out and about.. This all happened because of Square, and it only got worse when key things from Versus XIII that were shown off, that got people hyped that Versus XIII is coming back that it's not dead, that it's not vaporware, they removed, and worst of all. To a lot of people the game feels incomplete ,and in some cases worse than the E3 2013 trailer, that's what caused it, this is what caused any divide, and you won't mend it, or suppress it, by simply ignoring it. Hell I watch that 2013 trailer look at a lot of the comments wishing it was apart of the main game, the Citadel fight, the Leviathan fight, and hell knowing Nomura the Versus XIII 2006 trailer was probably going to be a cutscene which honestly should have stayed in FFXV(not saying that FFXV is bad or anything, but that cutscene is cool)

If the overall product felt complete, had very few glaring issues, Luna was a much stronger protagonist because I have people saying they care more about the car than they care for her character. While we never know what would have happened with Stella because of the Luna situation it gives rise to this. If Luna was overall considered great, developed, and a strong protagonist with a lot of screentime with the main character, then no one would have much issue.

In fact I think part of the want for FF Versus XV some of it comes from FFXV's faults, and the fact that they are using patches to improve the story, to which I will stand by if they just made it into a trilogy or a duology, they could put more focus on certain elements because from a story perspective hell even on a gameplay one, it seems like they spread themselves too thin.

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
@Hey Everyone
@Koozek (This includes your reply to Guitar(pseudo) God question)
Please all futher Versus XV replies be sent here.
I thought about tagging @Koozek in that thread, but in the (hilariously unlikely) event something like this does come to pass -- even if there's a Nomura sighting at the upcoming ATR, it is relevant to the future direction of FFXV.

But I agree with the larger point. All pontificating, whining, and 7-year-old "new" news stories should be elsewhere.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I think Square needs to learn one lesson from Bethesda just one, people waited 5 years from New Vegas to Fallout 4 for it to be announced, for it to confirm that it's happening, granted there is some disappointment in the title, but not to the extent of this, not to the extent of this that spawned two entire split fandoms of the same game. Fallout 4 got announced Jun 2015, and released November 10th. Square needs absolutely needs to not repeat the Versus XIII to XV mistake with another FF title, they absolutely need to wait till the game is almost ready, before they announce it, they need to wait till the game can come out 6 - 8 months from it's announcement, or else they may see a repeat of the craziness that is the Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV marketing campaign. I mean look at Kingdom Hearts 3 there is absolutely nothing I can say looks better in the 2013 trailer to the current trailers we have seen now, if anything it kept getting better and better.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
@Hey Everyone
@Koozek (This includes your reply to Guitar(pseudo) God question)
Please all futher Versus XV replies be sent here.
I think Square needs to learn one lesson from Bethesda just one, people waited 5 years from New Vegas to Fallout 4 for it to be announced, for it to confirm that it's happening, granted there is some disappointment in the title, but not to the extent of this, not to the extent of this that spawned two entire split fandoms of the same game. Fallout 4 got announced Jun 2015, and released November 10th. Square needs absolutely needs to not repeat the Versus XIII to XV mistake with another FF title, they absolutely need to wait till the game is almost ready, before they announce it, they need to wait till the game can come out 6 - 8 months from it's announcement, or else they may see a repeat of the craziness that is the Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV marketing campaign. I mean look at Kingdom Hearts 3 there is absolutely nothing I can say looks better in the 2013 trailer to the current trailers we have seen now, if anything it kept getting better and better.
Can you not read? I'm tired of coming to the FFXV thread to see if people have any insight into news and events surrounding FFXV and all I keep reading about is a game that doesn't exist or even been announced. Either drop it, or go to the thread SPECIFICALLY for this hypothetical game you're talking about.

If you don't I'm just going to assume you're a troll and report your posts. We're civil around here and like to debate and discuss topics relevant to the thread. You're getting in the way of that.

On Topic - Looking forward to see what this ATR brings on the 2nd, hoping to maybe get a glimpse at some gameplay of the coming DLC, if not at least a little more detail into them. I've been waiting to replay the game (the NG+ was a joke imo) I'd like to see a reason to put another healthy 60 hours into it.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I mean look at Kingdom Hearts 3 there is absolutely nothing I can say looks better in the 2013 trailer to the current trailers we have seen now, if anything it kept getting better and better.
The graphics looked a lot better. =( Not to mention, that's not really the direction you should take if you're trying to say that Squenix's real problem is announcing things too early. XD;

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
"that person"? Why would Sakaguchi be considered that person, he has already talked about XV and his thoughts on it before.
Anybody like a VA or someone working on the game wouldnt be reffered like that either, theres no reason to keep that a suprise or anything.
Theres only 1 person I can think of.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
"that person"? Why would Sakaguchi be considered that person, he has already talked about XV and his thoughts on it before.
Anybody like a VA or someone working on the game wouldnt be reffered like that either, theres no reason to keep that a suprise or anything.
Theres only 1 person I can think of.
They all know that fans want a explanation from Nomura....I mean serious. To end those endless discussions about Tabata versus Nomura.

I just hope he can tell us what he has in his mind

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
What explanation would you want? That S-E was in shambles for the longest part of the past decade and this one and that work on VS had barely moved for that and other reasons? That the project kept continuously changing and changing by the same and then different people? That it was only in 2012/2013 when the project took off with now a different vision? That S-E considered it better that Nomura, once XV's overall skeleton had already been created, would be better off at directing another huge title?

Knowing Japanese developers, you'll never get an "explanation" that couldn't be inferred from what we actually know and can guess. Maybe in 20 years. But don't expect "I'm mad at them for ditching me" or "this is what FF Versus XIII/FF XV was going to be like".

Also, "that person" is most likely Yoshida indeed. Or Sakaguchi. Wording is usually weird when it comes to Japanese translated into a Western language, so I wouldn't read too much into it just to be dissapointed later on.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
What explanation would you want? That S-E was in shambles for the longest part of the past decade and this one and that work on VS had barely moved for that and other reasons? That the project kept continuously changing and changing by the same and then different people? That it was only in 2012/2013 when the project took off with now a different vision? That S-E considered it better that Nomura, once XV's overall skeleton had already been created, would be better off at directing another huge title?

Knowing Japanese developers, you'll never get an "explanation" that couldn't be inferred from what we actually know and can guess. Maybe in 20 years. But don't expect "I'm mad at them for ditching me" or "this is what FF Versus XIII/FF XV was going to be like".

Also, "that person" is most likely Yoshida indeed. Or Sakaguchi. Wording is usually weird when it comes to Japanese translated into a Western language, so I wouldn't read too much into it just to be dissapointed later on.
Idk tabata has been pretty transparent in ATR's

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Idk tabata has been pretty transparent in ATR's
How can you say this when you've compared Tabata to Sean Murray? Sean Murray. The liar of the century according to the Internet. Liars aren't transparent. That's why they're accused of lying and labelled liars.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
How can you say this when you've compared Tabata to Sean Murray? Sean Murray. The liar of the century according to the Internet. Liars aren't transparent. That's why they're accused of lying and labelled liars.
I never compared them, I just posted a neogaf post of someone comparing them a while ago. Also what I mean is when Tabata in a Atr said something about the invasion being cut and Stella removed, I thinkwas transparent and he was updating us about the games development in each atr showing unfinished footage and whatnot with the progress reports