Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
The Pitioss theory originated from perona77, not FF Peasant.
I know this, but a lot of his videos were based on this and he hyped much it.
I saw his livestream.
I havent seen it, but even though it wont change my attitude towards him in general. I have a lot of reasons for it, like personal and not, but i admit it was funny and interesting to watch him before game released and all his 'popularity'.
how people like to assume things instead of paying close attention to what is really happening.
Want to make a point, that i didnt watch his stream when wrote my post. I'll wait his video and then will judge it. Maybe.
P.s
What u wrote under spoiler, about his thoughts, confusing me. It seems we(he and me) watched different cuntscenes. Cause Shiva clealy said: But the Six are sworn to defend this star and all her inhabitants from harm – and, at times, from one another. Thats it. Simply and clearly. He wants too much from it and trying to think deeper. Why they did 180? Simple. Shiva is a woman, which fall in love and this is an answer. And u know, its so easy to call Ifrit 'dumb' knowing the history of what happend. Its like, we take any part of our story, and will call how stupid were ppl doing that or that. Why? Cause we can, we know the result.(s) The same is here. We dont know details, but we can judge and claim it by words like 'dumb', 'retard', 'poor', 'lame' and etc. If he dont understand what and why they acted in such way, his problems, not ours. Cause Tabata and team used old good cliche and surprisingly it did work. Did it help to flash story and characters? In some way it did really good job, in another it opened some new questions and left unanswered.
P.s.2. I wrote too many unnecessary words, sorry for that. And im sorry for my poor english. I hope i managed to deliver my thoughts.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

I saw his livestream.

He's not "angry" that the story didn't support the Pitioss theory.

He's confused as to why Ifrit was
"dumb" enough to give power to beings who were flawed and arrogant.

As in Ifrit shouldn't have been surprised that humanity was gonna turn on him.

Peasant was confused as to why Shiva didn't turn on humanity when Ifrit did as well, since she scorned then at the beginning.

In other words, he is confused why Ifrit and Shiva did a 180.

He speculated that if Shiva loved Ifrit, why didn't she side with him when he turned on humans?

That's what he said on the stream.

I noticed a lot of people are saying that Peasant is annoyed that the new story update doesn't support his theory when that is not the case if they pay close attention.

I'm not a fanboy of his by any means but it's strange how people like to assume things instead of paying close attention to what is really happening.
Pez seriously thinks Eos is a goddess in FFXV, I called him out over that on the stream then he just said some bullshit about it being in the ultimania when it isn't at all. He didn't pay attention closely either because it says a specific group of humanity grew more hubris against the gods which is what set Ifrit off.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
What u wrote under spoiler, about his thoughts, confusing me. It seems we(he and me) watched different cuntscenes. Cause Shiva clealy said: But the Six are sworn to defend this star and all her inhabitants from harm – and, at times, from one another. Thats it. Simply and clearly. He wants too much from it and trying to think deeper. Why they did 180? Simple. Shiva is a woman, which fall in love and this is an answer. And u know, its so easy to call Ifrit 'dumb' knowing the history of what happend. Its like, we take any part of our story, and will call how stupid were ppl doing that or that. Why? Cause we can, we know the result.(s) The same is here. We dont know details, but we can judge and claim it by words like 'dumb', 'retard', 'poor', 'lame' and etc. If he dont understand what and why they acted in such way, his problems, not ours. Cause Tabata and team used old good cliche and surprisingly it did work. Did it help to flash story and characters? In some way it did really good job, in another it opened some new questions and left unanswered.
P.s.2. I wrote too many unnecessary words, sorry for that. And im sorry for my poor english. I hope i managed to deliver my thoughts.
On the contrary your English is quite good lol.

I agree in that I think Peasant made it more complicated than it needed to be.

The relationship and motivations for Ifrit and Shiva are pretty straight forward and easy to understand imo.

They make sense too from my understanding.

I think he was confounded that it was simple and not as complex as he thought it was lol.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Pez seriously thinks Eos is a goddess in FFXV, I called him out over that on the stream then he just said some bullshit about it being in the ultimania when it isn't at all. He didn't pay attention closely either because it says a specific group of humanity grew more hubris against the gods which is what set Ifrit off.
Yeah it’s pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

Ifrit saw that humanity’s capability to hope and strive earned his respect, thus he gifted them with his knowledge (or flame).

However the very humans he helped became arrogant pricks and turned on him.

It makes sense for Ifrit to then say “you ungrateful pricks. Imma burn you now as punishment.”

As for Shiva, whether she likes humans or not is irrelevant as her role as an Astral and guardian of all living things on Eos compels her to protect them - even against Ifrit, who she most likely didn’t want to fight.

Very simple to understand imo.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
After this update, I wonder if they'll update the Ifrit battle, like after you defeat him, Ifrit could reappear to Noctis through a vision, and thank him, and give a lore dump, and give him his blessing to summon him, but I doubt that'll happen, but I think that battle could have some update at some point. I watched Pez's video, I think he was exaggerating, with him calling the theory better than what he got, but that's the thing, theories aren't always going to be true, and he had his expectations high. I think the theory was good, but was outlandish and sometimes had things thought out too deeply, but I liked what we got in the update better than the theory, as it fits in line with the lore, and was told well. That's my opinion, I enjoyed the story content of Ifrit and the War Of the Astrals, that moment in the update made it one of my favorite moments in FFXV for me, and made Chapter 12 better for me, and I'm here looking forward to seeing what's next to come.

Last edited:

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
I'll pop up this one last time here and never again. Just watched the video of Pez. That was a disaster. Hell, even lazzy and others hard versus fans during their complaining had more sense than him. And ppl there so happy and all agree with him. Wtf is going on in this world? Why not use your own head and be yourself?...I dont know.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just watched the video in question.

A couple of things here:

1. He made the mistake of expecting waaay too much in a small story update.

2. We got a story update yes, but it was still barebones in a way. With that being said, it is always best to wait until the end of development, or at least Episode Ignis, to make an informed decision on the games story and the direction it is heading in.

3. Pez does have a point in that the story we got is very simple compared to past FF games.

I do agree with him that SE thinks the western audience is dumb hence why they chose to create a very simple story.

I guess this was their response to people complaining about FF13 being confusing (which it isn’t)

4. I partially agree that the theories I’ve read online were a lot more interesting that what we got because the theorists went super in depth and provided very compelling arguments for their theories.

Not gonna lie: Pitioss theory was dope.

With that being said I’m also fine with what we got as well.

Love him or hate him, if you watched Pez’s theory videos before the game was released, he did give some solid arguments and reasoning with his theories and predictions.

The connections with Norse mythology were quite good.

5. He did raise an interesting question though: what happened to the Astrals in the Big Bang artwork?

Were they cut from the story due to rewrites?

It was very clear Odin was meant to be in the game, as well as Doomtrain judging from the art...

Just to reiterate: I’m a fan of both the theories and the story update that we got.

Personally I’m such a fan of FFXV that I enjoy any content or theories we get relating to the game because it enriches my personal enjoyment in being invested in this game.

However, I don’t consider myself biased to the point where I’m blind to critcism and legit concerns others may have about the game.

I both agree, and disagree, with some of the things Pez said in his latest video.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Just watched the video in question.

A couple of things here:

1. He made the mistake of expecting waaay too much in a small story update.

2. We got a story update yes, but it was still barebones in a way. With that being said, it is always best to wait until the end of development, or at least Episode Ignis, to make an informed decision on the games story and the direction it is heading in.

3. Pez does have a point in that the story we got is very simple compared to past FF games.

I do agree with him that SE thinks the western audience is dumb hence why they chose to create a very simple story.

I guess this was their response to people complaining about FF13 being confusing (which it isn’t)

4. I partially agree that the theories I’ve read online were a lot more interesting that what we got because the theorists went super in depth and provided very compelling arguments for their theories.

Love him or hate him, if you watched Pez’s theory videos before the game was released, he did give some solid arguments and reasoning with his theories and predictions.

5. He did raise an interesting question though: what happened to the Astrals in the Big Bang artwork?

It was very clear Odin was meant to be in the game, as well as Doomtrain judging from the art...

Just to reiterate: I’m a fan of both the theories and the story update that we got.

Personally I’m such a fan of FFXV that I enjoy any content or theories we get relating to the game because it enriches my personal enjoyment in being invested in this game.

However, I don’t consider myself biased to the point where I’m blind to critcism and legit concerns others may have about the game.

I both agree, and disagree, with some of the things Pez said in his latest video.

I agree, while the Pitioss theory was nice, I enjoyed the backstory of the Astrals we got in the new patch itself better, and it gave me a deeper understanding Ifrit and his story. I wasn't expecting much in this story update myself, and this new story content had become one of the best moments of FFXV for me, and made the re-worked Chapter 12 one of my favorite chapters in FFXV, so I'm happy with what I've got. I already can't wait to see what comes next. I don't mind having a simple or complex story, I'd take any kind of story from any game, but if said complex games have things that confuse me greatly, as I don't always have a big memory on come things, then it might turn me off a little, but I would still enjoy it somehow. Hopefully, FFXVI can mix a simple and complex story together in a balance to keep players on. I do agree with him in regards to the West, but some things in that video I saw are exaggerations, but that's just my opinion.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

I saw his livestream.

He's not "angry" that the story didn't support the Pitioss theory.

He's confused as to why Ifrit was
"dumb" enough to give power to beings who were flawed and arrogant.

As in Ifrit shouldn't have been surprised that humanity was gonna turn on him.

Peasant was confused as to why Shiva didn't turn on humanity when Ifrit did as well, since she scorned then at the beginning.

In other words, he is confused why Ifrit and Shiva did a 180.

He speculated that if Shiva loved Ifrit, why didn't she side with him when he turned on humans?

That's what he said on the stream.

I noticed a lot of people are saying that Peasant is annoyed that the new story update doesn't support his theory when that is not the case if they pay close attention.

I'm not a fanboy of his by any means but it's strange how people like to assume things instead of paying close attention to what is really happening.
As to Ifrit's actions, if he admired them he probably wanted to give them a sporting chance, and given the element he represents I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't foresee the long term consequences of his actions; there are plenty of real-world deities who don't foresee that humans would turn on them, like the Abrahamic God for instance. As to Shiva not siding with him despite their love, she said it herself in the cutscene; the Astrals are bound to protect the general life and mortal denizens of Eos, even from each other. When Ifrit attacked Solheim and effectively broke with the other Astrals, Shiva was bound to fight against him and did not rebel; she honored her place as an Astral despite the emotional cost. Basically, when given a choice between her emotions and her duty, Shiva chose her duty.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
On a more positive note Caelum Rabanastre explains the story updates and how it ties into the game extremely well in his latest video.

Go to 29:20 since he starts explaining it from there.

This is without a doubt the first time I’ve heard someone explain the story extremely well. I’m glad to hear that he fully understands exactly what is going on.

Very well done explanation of the game’s backstory.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
@Jubileus i agreed with him only in one thing: Big Ban artwork. Еverything else could be done in one sentence, not in 22min: I dont like cliche, and i prefer hard, juicy fun made theories, especially my own.
I dont mind crazy, absurd theories. Еven i had crazy theory about game after watching Omen trailer, but still i didnt lose my connection with reality.
Going to watch that video. I like his voice.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

And what's the problem with that? Simplicity and complexity have no inherent quality.

What do fan theories being "interesting" have to do with the quality of the recent update? Like the above point, simplicity and complexity have no inherent quality.

The Big Bang artwork is an artifact from the VersusXIII era over 10 year ago.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Now that we've seen Ifrit's story, do you guys think the fight against Ifrit could get updated in the future? If so, post what they may think. As for me, an update I would make to the battle against Ifrit is that Ifrit speaks before fighting Noctis, and saying how he wants to end the reign of the ungrateful mortals for challenging the power of the Six, and react to Shiva when she appears, and after Ifrit is defeated, he could reappear to Noctis as a vision, and thank him for freeing him, and gives a dialogue branch for us to learn more about the Starscourge and other things in regards to the Astrals, and then, we could receive Ifrit's blessing, allowing us to summon Ifrit in any battle, and you won't need to fight Ifrit anymore every time you beat the game when getting to Ardyn's battle. But even if it doesn't happen, I'm happy to have seen Ifrit's story in detail.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
@FFChocobo18 i think spoken Ifrit before fight would ruin his badass look, but agreed that after fight we could get his phantom to speak and get chance to summon his. I would wanted to see for example, some short scenes from the past during the fight with Bahamut. Its a bit Holywood style, but i think it would be cool. They could update each Astral in the game, some short scenes from past and about Luna. But Ramuh should give us tons of lore, he is an old and wise grandpa after all. *wink*

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
@FFChocobo18, a talking Ifrit wouldn't work. Having that about him makes more sense now we know he's infected with the Starscourge. Ardyn being the only person to retain sentience with it makes sense, and I like the idea of Ifrit resurrected as a Starscourge-enslaved thrall with no will or voice of his own, a slave to Ardyn's whim. Ardyn would enjoy that.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just to clarify guys I have no problem with the story being simple.

I even said as such in that post that I like the actual story.

I did reference Caelum Rabanastre’s story summation video for a reason lol.

Edit: I didn’t know that artwork was 10 years old.

If that was the case, perhaps not a good idea to use an artwork that contained old ideas from Versus since it could lead to misunderstandings and mislead people into what to expect.

My initial reaction being one such example.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Last edited: