Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Getting such a bright and decent shot of Gralea in that trailer reaaaaaally makes me want to explore it more. Maybe they can expand Chapter 13 while they are at it lol. Or maybe Ardyn's DLC has some of it in there.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

got a bit emotional, ive never seen such a big post-launch support for a single-player game, i'm very glad it was for FFXV.

and stop hyping the "end of the journey" tabata
I agree, this is the biggest post-launch support I've seen so far, I'm very happy that it's for FFXV as well, I would say the post-launch support of Super Smash Brothers. for Wii U and 3DS comes close second to it, due to the DLC it got.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I agree, this is the biggest post-launch support I've seen so far, I'm very happy that it's for FFXV as well, I would say the post-launch support of Super Smash Brothers. for Wii U and 3DS comes close second to it, due to the DLC it got.

I'd say NMS right now has some of the biggest support but obviously because they actually needed to fix their game (it's pretty good now and they are still updating).

On FFXV, I'm just very excited for things to come. I'm sure we wont hear anything about Ep. Ardyn until it's practically ready, or any other DLC at this point. The royal update is a very nice surprise, and I can't wait to see what else they are planning

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
So apparently these are the patch notes for the upcoming update:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3999022/

Update contents

- It corresponds to the new DLC FFXV ROYAL pack.
- Character illustration was added.
- Awarded works of the 4th snapshot contest were exhibited at restaurants in Gardena Watchingfield.
- A new quest was added to CHAPTER10.
- Various defects were corrected.
Some speculate it could be for February though, given how different this is from the initial description of the Jaunary patch. We'll find out soon probably.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
So apparently these are the patch notes for the upcoming update:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3999022/

Some speculate it could be for February though, given how different this is from the initial description of the Jaunary patch. We'll find out soon probably.
New quest in Chapter 10? Huh, weird and interesting... If this is in the February update after this patch, that would be interesting, but not much to base off from, perhaps a playable section in Cartanica?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
New quest in Chapter 10? Huh, weird and interesting... If this is in the February update after this patch, that would be interesting, but not much to base off from, perhaps a playable section in Cartanica?

To be honest, it has to mean we are getting some form of an expansion there, be it story and/or environment. There are only 2 places you go in Chapter 10, the train station and the dungeon. The dungeon is linear, so there is no room for an extra mission there, and the station is...a station lol. It is pretty possible that they may have made Cartanica explorable to some degree. Unless they expanded the dungeon but I just don't see how.

On that note. I got a response on reddit from r/FFXV's mod after he deleted my post for relaying this info on Reddit:
scissorman[M] 1 point 7 minutes ago
"As they have removed this information, whilst we've actually archived the original page we are choosing to wait until it is publicly released to prevent potential confusion and/or misinformation.
This is purely due to the fact that the 1.21 update information was added early, with an incorrect date and that the JP patch notes for the next one has been not only amended, but removed completely."

It seems that the Japanese website likely uploaded the wrong patchnotes, due to the timing confusion. This is 100% in fact happening, but likely right before the Royal Update DLC hits.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Patch Notes

Size: 3.167 GB (PS4); 3.7 GB (XB1)

NOTE : this is listed as the February 2018 patch instead of the January 2018 patch.

Version 1.21

• Conclusion of the Assassin's Festival
  • Inclusion of Aranea as a training partner at camp
  • Implementation of a standby option at camp to advance the time of day ("Wait until morning" or "Wait until nightfall")
  • Addition of new items at Alessio's trading post in Altissia (see below)
  • Introduction of new drills to the tutorial: Practice Tutorial
  • Fixed the hairstyle for the Episode Ignis crossover outfit
  • "Arts" category for Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto (applies to Character Swap)
  • Various bug fixes

Alessio's New Items

• Silver Ore: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
  • Gold Ore: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
  • Prismatic Shard: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
  • Prismatic Ore: 3 Oracle Ascension Coins
  • Mystic Circlet: 60 Oracle Ascension Coins
  • Purified Salt: 60 Oracle Ascension Coins

────────

Update to Previous Patch Notes

Comrades 1.1.0

• Daily Quests: a special, online-only quest from Monica; bonus will be awarded once per day; enemy lineup is updated every Tuesday at 03:00 UTC
  • Witch's Shop: in exchange for Daily Quest rewards, you can receive food buffs; only one buff can be received at a time; vendor located behind Iris
  • Lucian Saber
  • Reduced loading time between Lestallum and camp
  • Reduced loading time of AI
  • Addition of beard and eyelash colors
  • View players in sortie for each quest (square)
  • Cid's buff is officially named "Crafting Boost"
  • Expanded area of effect for The Just's Sigil: Omniguard
  • Expanded the range of Charge Strike: Clearout
  • Adjusted trigger for left stick input of shuriken: does not move to melee unless you push the left stick or move closer to the target; if The Rogue's Sigil: Aerial Ace is not equipped, attacking with the left stick backward at short range triggers back jumps instead of back steps.
  • Added a shockwave effect to Flash of Steel
  • Various ability nerfs
  • Corrected parries and counters that were not working
  • Food buffs are now time limited like the main game.
  • Various bug fixes: leveling; enemy disappearing during online quests; confirmation dialogues; disconnecting after failing to connect to other players.

Note: sometimes Protect the Pylon disappears

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
ppl are reporting several interesting things

updates to cartanica like FFchocobo mentioned: monsters, cindy's truck and new buildings
a few changes to Ifrit's fight
changing characters is smooth now.
Perhaps the new quest in the Chapter 10 update is in that small town. Shame those patch notes got out too early, and this video came along, would've been a nice surprise, but it doesn't hinder me.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017