Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Honestly, this is my most missed feature from that Duscae demo, the lighting. I don't wanna say the final game looked bad, but the visual style of Ep Duscae was phenomenal and suited the game much MUCH better.
i definitely like both styles

in the final game the lightning is more vivid but the downside is that it makes the game look a bit more cartoonish maybe? also desaturated colors (which was more of a problem in the console version, it could look really flat sometimes)

duscae has muted colors and the realistic lightning, it had that CG look which i was really fond (also that depth of field)

having the option to play in both styles is nothing short of amazing

Feb 19, 2018
Finally found this piece on the OST Volume 2. God this is an amazing piece, just the sadness, sorrow, and sacrifice it conveys hits you right in the heart especially considering everyone involved in the scene during which it plays has paid a great price or has yet to pay an even greater price to see the light returned to Eos.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Real talk, why did they get rid of that derpy look with the googles that Cindy had? :p
I'M SAYIN. They ended up adding a Cid anyways but I thought it was neat that "CIDney" was going to be XV's take on Cid and the classic FFIV look really cemented it. Shame they didn't at least use it for her introduction.

47D

Yevonite
Feb 17, 2018
Any thoughts on the April Update...?

[ We are still getting an April Update, right? Because I think I heard a rumor that Square is going to stop doing monthly Updates for 2018 ]

Assuming we do get an Update for April, I hope it's something relevant, rather than just fixing bugs.

I'm still hoping that an update will come out that allows you to walk around as the party members, and of course an update to integrate the DLC Episodes into the main story.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

[ We are still getting an April Update, right? Because I think I heard a rumor that Square is going to stop doing monthly Updates for 2018 ]

Assuming we do get an Update for April, I hope it's something relevant, rather than just fixing bugs.

I'm still hoping that an update will come out that allows you to walk around as the party members, and of course an update to integrate the DLC Episodes into the main story.
i think there'll be more, if the last update was meant to be the final one they would mention it.

Feb 19, 2018

I doubt April update will be huge if it does exist since March had such a gigantic influx of content. The next big update will likely happen around the time of Episode Ardyn being added (which I'm personally betting that we're getting in May) like how we got character swapping like a week before Episode Ignis or Chapter 13, Verse 2 around the same time as Episode Gladiolus. As for speculating what we could specifically get from the April update I'm thinking maybe some added cutscenes to improve story telling is the biggest thing we'll get out of it with some minor gameplay additions and adjustments included on the side. At this point I think the highlight of April will more than likely be the roadmap reveal considering that we know next to nothing about it and they've also been really hush about this update compared to all of the updates we had up until this month if it does indeed exist. Not even a vague hint has been given to us so I doubt it could be that big.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
holy fuck, just defeated Ifrit... that battle was super long and tense, he got like 3 forms was at the risk of dying plenty of times.

now i have to complete the lvl99 hunt with the Zuu :x
Zu is 1000x easier. Just make sure you equip conformer so you can knock out the frogs quickly.
I'm really hoping that they revamp the Ifrit fight in the main story. Those new moves were great and Ifrit and Ardyn are so disappointingly easy. Yet I have a feeling that they are saving that version of Ifrit for Episode Ardyn.