Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Can I get some opinions on this scene? Drautos summons his magitek suit and reveals himself as Glauca when Libertus runs him over with the car.

Scenario 1: Drautos was always wearing the armor but the technology made it invisible/transparent - hence we only ever saw his real human body inside (when in fact the armor was always on, just in transparent mode, hence why he didn't die from the car impact).

or

Scenario 2: He can summon his suit instantly, similar to how Aranea in the game summons her magitek lance at will. He survived because he's badass.
I'm thinking since Magitek back in Solheim's day became so advanced that it started being a legitimate threat to the gods it probably became indistinguishable from royal magic. Ardyn probably ensured that the Niflheim generals got stuff that would put them on par with the Crownsguard and Royal family and so have things like Ravus being able to cast lightning with his magitek arm, Aranea being able to "summon" her spear, Verstael getting access to tech that apparently puts him on par with an Astral, and Drautos' instantly appearing armor. Also in the movie it's mentioned that it's actually liquid like metal so I assume he can have it on him under his clothes at all times and when he needs to change into it, it just spreads out to the rest of his body.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I just thought that they could make Nyx one of Noctis friends. He's 32 but they could make something like "when I came to Insomnia I trained sometimes with Noctis and that's how we met". That would make his sacrifice a bit more understable (he died not only for the young king, but also for a guy he actually knew). That would also make a nice connection between movie and game (like a short cutscene showing them together in Insomnia). In the end, Ignis was his...idk everything, Prompto was a school friend and Gladio trained him but not in magic. Since Nyx can warp and stuff, that would make him a nice teacher (I doubt grandpa Regis would have time and will to do that).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
What is this? Looks great; very sharp and high-res, except for the aliasing in Lestallum.

Honestly, my gtx 1070 puts out similar quality but not quite.
features and post-processing effects from older builds reapplied into the release version, making it possible to give the 2014/duscae look

still work-in-progress but i think it wont take long to become a mod

@Dorothy95
thats an out of bounds area for sure

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
features and post-processing effects from older builds reapplied into the release version, making it possible to give the 2014/duscae look

@Dorothy95
thanks. it looks so pretty. such a pity i have ps4 and my computer won't handle ff xv... - _ -

Oct 2, 2016

@Dorothy95
Ah yeah, right after I typed all that out I assumed that is what it was. Except, it does look a little different than the original Episode Duscae demo (honestly, the Duscae demo had terrible resolution and aliasing so I wasn't for sure).

Oct 2, 2016

@Dorothy95
did you notice at 33 seconds gladio seems to tackle noctis to get him out the way of the explosion? did I see that right? Never seen that in my game!

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Can I get some opinions on this scene? Drautos summons his magitek suit and reveals himself as Glauca when Libertus runs him over with the car.

Scenario 1: Drautos was always wearing the armor but the technology made it invisible/transparent - hence we only ever saw his real human body inside (when in fact the armor was always on, just in transparent mode, hence why he didn't die from the car impact).

or

Scenario 2: He can summon his suit instantly, similar to how Aranea in the game summons her magitek lance at will. He survived because he's badass.
I think it's confirmed that Glauca's armor is a liquid base and that it came from Solheim era, given to him by Ardyn. So it's some ancient advanced Solheim liquid Magitek suit.