Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I don't think there will be monthly updates from now on, I think they are busy working on Comrades stuff, the modding tools and the upcoming DLC. If they ever do do some more updates I think they will just come on the same time whenever any Comrades updates come.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Well it's still really just a recolour of his existing outfit and not the prototype Versus outfit, his vest had a hood on it on the prototype outfit. Also I don't even know why anyone even cares about those old placeholder outfits, the current Roen outfits replaced those when it was Versus anyway and those old place holder ones wouldn't have even been used regardless.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
They were replaced for a reason, not even Nomura wanted them.
just because the director replaced it doesnt mean the previous design can't be appreciated (and not every change is for the better just because the director decided for it); in fact, many criticized the roen costumes for being too boy band.

he also changed stella's original design despite being my favorite look.

edit:

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
just because the director replaced it doesnt mean the previous design can't be appreciated (and not every change is for the better just because the director decided for it); in fact, many criticized the roen costumes for being too boy band.

he also changed stella's original design despite being my favorite look.

edit:

People have been saying boyband ever since the 2008 CG trailer where we see them all in their placeholder outfits.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I don't really mind whether they are added or not, but aside from Ignis & Prompto's old outfits i still prefer the main four's default ones imo.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Because -drumroll- they like how they look.

But people who are making the mods do. Why do you have to sour the experience for people who like those outfits?
People are allowed to like it but this is probably the only game I've ever seen anyone obsess over prototype designs, like no one does this with Cloud or Tidus's prototype designs.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
People are allowed to like it but this is probably the only game I've ever seen anyone obsess over prototype designs, like no one does this with Cloud or Tidus's prototype designs.
tbh none of those were featured in full CG trailers and promotional renders for years like the original Versus XIII costumes, and that's one of the reasons ppl grew attached to them.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
that was in just 1 trailer and one not many have seen, the custome was about the same as well.

basically Versus XIII costumes were the only designs promoted since the reveal of the project until 2011.
Yeah sure, but the old Versus trailers were only ever shown behind closed doors as private screenings or only to press at game events, that the trailer managed to get outside wasn't their intended effect, Youtube was barely even a thing back then and SE never officially uploaded any Versus footage to youtube until the 2011 trailer. The 2007, 2008 and 2009 trailer reuse that citadel CG footage from 2006 just rearranged.

There is still to this day one footage from 2009 that never made it public, it was Noctis waiting out in the desert, the car drives up to him and he gets in, then it drives off and some text saying "revelation will come next time" or something, based on the descriptions of it.

Diari

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 24, 2018
Sigh........... Versus XIII.... How my heart longs for you... I'm trying to recreate the intro scene in unreal engine, but modeling Stella is soooo difficult...
1. Model Stella (very hard)
2 to 3 weeks
2. Extract Versus XIII Noctis and some Insomnia / monster models (easy)
1 day
3. Try to import or convert to usable Unreal Engine files (not too difficult), but problem is need to add artificial lightning (mirrors) to make the city lively, unfortunately if only I could get my hands on Platinum demo Insomnia :(
3 days
4. Start scene with Stella tower, able to walk a little bit of Insomnia, two party members, Stella and Noctis (funky movement) (hard)
3 days
5. Gradually expand the world (very easy)
Maybe I will make versus turn based...much easier to make

Attachments

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah sure, but the old Versus trailers were only ever shown behind closed doors as private screenings or only to press at game events, that the trailer managed to get outside wasn't their intended effect, Youtube was barely even a thing back then and SE never officially uploaded any Versus footage to youtube until the 2011 trailer. The 2007, 2008 and 2009 trailer reuse that citadel CG footage from 2006 just rearranged.

There is still to this day one footage from 2009 that never made it public, it was Noctis waiting out in the desert, the car drives up to him and he gets in, then it drives off and some text saying "revelation will come next time" or something, based on the descriptions of it.
I've never heard of this, where did you hear of this?