Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah sure, but the old Versus trailers were only ever shown behind closed doors as private screenings or only to press at game events, that the trailer managed to get outside wasn't their intended effect, Youtube was barely even a thing back then and SE never officially uploaded any Versus footage to youtube until the 2011 trailer. The 2007, 2008 and 2009 trailer reuse that citadel CG footage from 2006 just rearranged.

There is still to this day one footage from 2009 that never made it public, it was Noctis waiting out in the desert, the car drives up to him and he gets in, then it drives off and some text saying "revelation will come next time" or something, based on the descriptions of it.
not quite, one of the trailers were released in the CLOUD dvd (and if im not mistaken even with Advent Children Complete), and there's still the magazine reports with official screenshots and CG renders... that's all we got in 5 years.

and yeah i remember one trailer not leaking, the amount of "announcements of an announcement" were infuriating.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
not quite, one of the trailers were released in the CLOUD dvd (and if im not mistaken even with Advent Children Complete), and there's still the magazine reports with official screenshots and CG renders... that's all we got in 5 years.

and yeah i remember one trailer not leaking, the amount of "announcements of an announcement" were infuriating.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, the Cloud DVD stuff was just that, DVD stuff, Youtube was barely even a thing back then so only people who had the DVD were supposed to even see it, and those magazine screenshots are just screenshots of the trailer, which is still as if Square would have shown screenshots of the same Tidus with black hair footage over and over again.

I've never heard of this, where did you hear of this?
I misrembered one thing, he was in a highway during bright daylight, not a desert, but a car still came over and he got in then it drove off and that text was shown.
A new Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer was shown at Jump Fiesta while we were off. Sorry we didn’t tell you: apparently, “Revelation will come next time.”

The new footage was shown at Square’s famous Closed Mega Theatre during the show in Japan, and was running in real-time according to Andriasang (via FF-XIII.net).

Details on what was actually seen are scant, other than it showed Noctis “waiting on a highway and then getting picked up by a car, which then speeds off.” The scene shown was “set on a bright day.” The trailer concluded with the message, “Revelation will come next time.”
https://www.vg247.com/2010/01/04/new-ff-versus-xiii-trailer-tells-us-revelation-will-come-next-time/

It was from Jump Festa 2010 which took place in December 2009, around the time FF13 wrapped up and around the time just before Versus had its actual alpha prototype made.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Sigh........... Versus XIII.... How my heart longs for you... I'm trying to recreate the intro scene in unreal engine, but modeling Stella is soooo difficult...
1. Model Stella (very hard)
2 to 3 weeks
2. Extract Versus XIII Noctis and some Insomnia / monster models (easy)
1 day
3. Try to import or convert to usable Unreal Engine files (not too difficult), but problem is need to add artificial lightning (mirrors) to make the city lively, unfortunately if only I could get my hands on Platinum demo Insomnia :(
3 days
4. Start scene with Stella tower, able to walk a little bit of Insomnia, two party members, Stella and Noctis (funky movement) (hard)
3 days
5. Gradually expand the world (very easy)
Maybe I will make versus turn based...much easier to make
going by the image, it looks painful to model indeed

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The previous FFX logo was awful. Glad they changed it to the current design, where it’s visually pleasing and one of the best logo designs in the series.

As for costumes, I prefer the live and let live approach. Let people have their pleasures if it’s harmless.

I foresee many great mods for this game judging by the mods I’ve seen floating around.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Sigh........... Versus XIII.... How my heart longs for you... I'm trying to recreate the intro scene in unreal engine, but modeling Stella is soooo difficult...
1. Model Stella (very hard)
2 to 3 weeks
2. Extract Versus XIII Noctis and some Insomnia / monster models (easy)
1 day
3. Try to import or convert to usable Unreal Engine files (not too difficult), but problem is need to add artificial lightning (mirrors) to make the city lively, unfortunately if only I could get my hands on Platinum demo Insomnia :(
3 days
4. Start scene with Stella tower, able to walk a little bit of Insomnia, two party members, Stella and Noctis (funky movement) (hard)
3 days
5. Gradually expand the world (very easy)
Maybe I will make versus turn based...much easier to make
Sounds interesting, but doing something like that by yourself doesn't sound like it's really possible. Also, keep in mind, this thread is for XV news.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Guys, do you know the song Encelevenemus actually means?
I assume that it's a made-up word designed to sound like Latin, given that Google translate has no idea what to make of it. The same is true for Es It Foron, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: With that said, there are certainly elements that sound like Latin roots. "Venemus" is close to "venimus," which is Latin for "we came," and "cele" sounds an awful lot like the "celer" root that means "swift" (as one might expect for the root of "accelerate"). "We Came In Swiftly" wouldn't be that outrageous a title. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
SE should still be investing in the monthly patches, it keeps the community coming back and talking about the game. Most people have moved onto other games now, SE should really be engaging with the community more with hints and teasers so it keeps us excited.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
SE should still be investing in the monthly patches, it keeps the community coming back and talking about the game. Most people have moved onto other games now, SE should really be engaging with the community more with hints and teasers so it keeps us excited.
That takes a team of people and resources. I, personally, much rather have them polish off the upcoming Comrades and 4 DLC content. Considering what that Ardyn scene looked like in Comrades and how choppy it was, they need the extra time. I think the rest of the team moved to FFVII (I remember reading an article about it somewhere after FFXV was launched) which needs to happen. If Tabata stated that the story is pretty much fleshed out, then there is really nothing to add, the majority of complaints have been addressed. Having a hard mode and stat changing magic was low on that survey, so it's unlikely we'll get it. Also they can't keep giving us another full year of free monthly updates, those workers need to be paid.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Having a hard mode and stat changing magic was low on that survey, so it's unlikely we'll get it.
Not buying that. Improved-Armiger certainly wasn't high on the list either and it still got added, i can see those two added as updates to coincide with the individual 4 DLCs, there is no reason not to, especially when they aren't as demanding to include compared to the amount of heavy lifting needed for new story content.

We are even getting playable Luna & Aranea, both of which were shown as choices from last year's survey.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Changing subject entirely. I've only recently noticed something about the recurring musical theme for Ardyn. While listening to it, I realized that in all the versions, there are bits that actually directly parallel "Omnis Lacrima". It's different notes, so it sounds like it goes off key when you compare the two, but they share almost identical rhythm. It's most noticeable in "ARDYN II" and later DLC versions, but the vanilla version has the same musical phrase. I think it's a nice musical nod for anyone clever enough to spot it.

Hyperion

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 8, 2018
Not buying that. Improved-Armiger certainly wasn't high on the list either and it still got added, i can see those two added as updates to coincide with the individual 4 DLCs, there is no reason not to, especially when they aren't as demanding to include compared to the amount of heavy lifting needed for new story content.

We are even getting playable Luna & Aranea, both of which were shown as choices from last year's survey.
I'm sure we're getting a hard mode at some point. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, plus, I'm sure people have said it enough for them to know that people want it. I guess it's just a matter of time. Though you'd think that'd be implemented when they added the Character Switching in.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
It's really interesting to know they plan to add a progression system in the dlcs.
Because in 3 of them we will be playing as characters outside the main party, this time we could level up or equip new accesories without acting against the main game.
But what have me more curious is the lenght of this content. Having the option to farm in it means they plan to give us an area with things to do.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Yeah if they're gonna possibly have level progression systems then sounds like they are much more substantial than the 2017 DLC Episodes, only DLC out of the 2017 stuff to have progression system was Comrades, and that was a whole expansion.

That's also one of the main reasons why they'd have to rework quite a bit of the 2017 DLC if they wanted to intergrate those Episodes into the main game.