Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Even if Dan turned out to be false i still can't see the shift towards dropping CC2 from external development not being due to anything negative arising during development.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Even if Dan turned out to be false i still can't see the shift towards dropping CC2 from external development not being due to anything negative arising during development.
I'm a big fan of .hack and I do some mod work on a few .hack related forums and the discord. The president of CC2 had .hack lunch meetups throughout Japan with fans last fall and one in Montreal, Canada this past winter. One of our members attended. The question about why CC2 was dropped from FF7R was brought up and he answered "who said we were dropped? we're still doing some work for them". So I think the internet is misinterpreting again, the development is now in-house but it doesn't mean SE isn't getting or hiring some extra work from others in the business.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
They were handling the battle system. There is so much more that is in a game development pipeline. I could understand if CC2 was handling the modeling or texturing or animations and that being a huge set back but Square having to go back to the drawing board on the battle system which will most likely be a combination of FFXV, FFXIII, and FXII anyway doesn't seem like that big of a deal that everyone is making it out to be.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Should we be expecting anything from FFXV this year @ E3? It sounds like Square-Enix wants to push Kingdom Hearts III first and foremost. I'm really hoping they go all out and announce a PS4 Pro LE. Anyway, I would think more substantial announcements for FFXV would come around the time of TGS or Jump Festa? Both of those events are closer to 2019. The year these planned expansions are due to release. Not to mention, it may allow for more focus at those events since Kingdom Hearts III will "hopefully" be out the door already. That and Square-Enix will need a distraction to avert eyes away from their on-going VII:RE debacle.
Squenix has their own E3 conference this year, so it would be entirely viable for them to push KHIII as their flagship property while still including FFXV's continued DLC. Given the amount of time in an E3 presser, I'm sure projects even smaller than FFXV's DLC will be announced/updated.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
There were differences in working policy, as they admitted from the outset. But SQEX's policy also changed about games.

I think it was relatively recently (2016/2017) that SQEX's management opted to have their key IPs developed primarily in-house (FFVIIR, XV), while projects from secondary IPs or original low-priority properties would be outsourced under supervision to other studios.

They said in the original statement, they wanted to control everything in-house for VIIR. To me, that indicates that they really want this to be worthy of the quality of classic FFs.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
recipe updates are boring (like -who even cares- boring), the ignis one looks cool, wonder if you'll be able to change his glasses?
If you obtain all outfits with the debug menu there's listings for each of the glasses from Episode Ignis in the main game (though equipping them just turns his model invisible lmao), maybe they're going to make this available to everyone?

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I'm mostly just happy we are getting an update. I do agree recipe updates are as boring as they get. I'd rather new costumes or car skins instead. But you never know what kind of goodies might be added to the background that an out of bounds guru can find.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Hey guys! Just a heads up for the new updates to XV coming out this month. As you all know, on the 5th, 6th and 7th, XV will be getting some updates. For those that don't know, here's this week's lineup:
  • 5th - The "Party Pack" for PS4 and XBO containing cosmetic DLCs in Comrades.
  • 6th - Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition comes to PC.
  • 7th - "Mod Organizer" comes to PC.
We'll be covering these over on Nova Crystallis. I prepared my own "amazing" sword to be modded in the game for you all to admire. I'll be detailing the process of creating the mod and showing how it works.

If anyone has an interesting idea for a weapon they'd like to see in my showcase, let me know before the 7th! Just reply with a sketch or a reference.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Hey guys! Just a heads up for the new updates to XV coming out this month. As you all know, on the 5th, 6th and 7th, XV will be getting some updates. For those that don't know, here's this week's lineup:
  • 5th - The "Party Pack" for PS4 and XBO containing cosmetic DLCs in Comrades.
  • 6th - Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition comes to PC.
  • 7th - "Mod Organizer" comes to PC.
We'll be covering these over on Nova Crystallis. I prepared my own "amazing" sword to be modded in the game for you all to admire. I'll be detailing the process of creating the mod and showing how it works.

If anyone has an interesting idea for a weapon they'd like to see in my showcase, let me know before the 7th! Just reply with a sketch or a reference.
I think it would be cool to have a Soul Edge and Soul Calibur design for each type of weapon. You can use the ones in the SC games as referance or made them up.
Also, Edward Elric from FMA summons a sword and a lance that are really cool, maybe you want to take a look on those.

For last, maybe you can make a mod that adds the effects of the elemental weapons when Ignis gives elemental buffs to Noctis.

I hope you have fun with the editor!