Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Looks awesome!

Anyone hoping for a DLC trailer during the SE conference? I know its a long shot given everything releases next year, but it starts in 20 so I'd figure I'd ask lol.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
it just looks funny here:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/923682461910511104/EDFA5EC0E1D20D3E0414AAA5B0063F0F67C2897A/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to=*,*|637:358&background-color=black
such a pity that i have ff xv on ps4. no mods for me -_-
ah yeah, i also got advent children feel from it xD probably because those teams were working together and their clothes were designed in similar times? hmm

Yeah they can't seem to get the physics to work on the bottom part of the jacket there.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
So no new DLC trailers or updates announcements for XV this e3 lol. It's worse than I thought, it really feels like a dead game at this point :(

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
So no new DLC trailers or updates announcements for XV this e3 lol. It's worse than I thought, it really feels like a dead game at this point :(
Again, the focus was to be Kingdom Hearts III. Final Fantasy XV wasn't going to get a massive showcase this year. That said, XV still could pop up during Square-Enix presents later in the week.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Episode Ardyn isn't coming till winter/ early spring 2019 earliest. At most it will be a 2 hour playthrough like the rest of the FFXV DLC content so I don't think it's a priority for them to show in now. They showed a mini cutscene of Episode Ignis 6 months before it's release and Prompto, I think 4 months prior to release. We'll probably get a trailer for it either end of Fall of this year or in December.

Edit: if they are going to Announce anything related to FFXV it will be the Tomb Raider collaboration if that's still happening.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I think some of the later shows in the year like Paris Games Week, Gamescom, and PSX are more likely stages for DLC for a game reaching a year and a half old to show up. E3 is a little too big for that kind of stuff imo. People saying that the DLC is most likely canceled since it didn't make a showing at E3 don't really know what they're talking about. Right now there's a lull but obviously the bigger updates we're going to see between now and the final four DLCs will come in the form of Comrades and Mods. Has to be enough to hold us over until next year, like we all discussed around the time of PAX East. FFXV's absence at E3 doesn't change that.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Episode Ardyn isn't coming till winter/ early spring 2019 earliest. At most it will be a 2 hour playthrough like the rest of the FFXV DLC content so I don't think it's a priority for them to show in now. They showed a mini cutscene of Episode Ignis 6 months before it's release and Prompto, I think 4 months prior to release. We'll probably get a trailer for it either end of Fall of this year or in December.

Edit: if they are going to Announce anything related to FFXV it will be the Tomb Raider collaboration if that's still happening.
theres still 3 collabs to happen

Tomb Raider, FFXIV and Terra Battle 2 (which includes a sword featured in a past trailer as a reward and based on text, is about noctis dreaming about a reaper).

the last one was found in a datamine, but the first two are 100% coming.

Tomb Raider event is likely to happen around the game's release, i think september? FFXIV collab, based on the datamine, will have wind-elemental weapons and costumes as rewards; they might include something else in those updates + bug fixes and so on

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
theres still 3 collabs to happen

Tomb Raider, FFXIV and Terra Battle 2 (which includes a sword featured in a past trailer as a reward and based on text, is about noctis dreaming about a reaper).

the last one was found in a datamine, but the first two are 100% coming.

Tomb Raider event is likely to happen around the game's release, i think september? FFXIV collab, based on the datamine, will have wind-elemental weapons and costumes as rewards; they might include something else in those updates + bug fixes and so on
I think the FFXIV collab was abandoned. It was mentioned all the way back in Summer 2016, then brought up again in June 2017. They have had a full year to throw in the event, If it was going to happen it would happen by the end of this summer before the Tomb Raider event.

Edit: Terra Battle 2 collab is definitely not happening, the North American version will be taken off the market Sept 3rd. So that sword will just be part of the pile of unused models that have been found in the files. Which is a pity, FFXV needed more weapon design variation.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I think the FFXIV collab was abandoned. It was mentioned all the way back in Summer 2016, then brought up again in June 2017. They have had a full year to throw in the event, If it was going to happen it would happen by the end of this summer before the Tomb Raider event.

Edit: Terra Battle 2 collab is definitely not happening, the North American version will be taken off the market Sept 3rd. So that sword will just be part of the pile of unused models that have been found in the files. Which is a pity, FFXV needed more weapon design variation.
you might be right about TB2 event not happening

about the FFXIV collab, the director specifically said he wanted to wait a while after the windows edition release to give the FFXIV PC crowd time to beat the game; and given the amount of times mentioned by both tabata and yoshida, i would say its definitely coming.

edit:

as a fan, this is awesome; call it trash bag noctis all you want

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
There is a lot of v13 hate online, I keep getting into arguments on the XV reddit when people attack me for saying Nomura's vision looked cooler in my eyes. Recently I got like 20 downvotes for saying I like the 'trash bag' costume that was modded in lol. I also think that design is cool af, and will continue saying so just to piss them off haha