Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
As long as we get anything related to the second season pass I'm good. I also kind of hope they address missing the majority of their milestones without comment this year that they set at PAX East :/

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
EP Ardyn to be dropped on March 2019! Comrades update this December but I didn't expect Tabata resigning though.

I don't feel sad about other episodes getting scrapped as I felt lukewarm about the entire game.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
The salt is so real right now. I'm glad we got Ep. Ardyn footage but basically the rest of the stream is a funeral for the rest of the DLCs they had planned. Honestly would've preferred if they had sacrificed Comrades to devote more manpower towards the single player stuff. Episode Ardyn also seems like it's completely alternate reality stuff so there's that.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Yikes, the Episode Ardyn and FFXIV trailers were hype but overall that was crushing to watch.

EDIT: Unless Episode Ardyn is an alternate timeline (which it doesn't seem in any way to be) then there's alot that doesn't really make sense from that trailer. Regis would not have reacted the way he did in Kingsglaive if the things we saw in that trailer went down. Also how would it not be common knowledge that Ardyn wreaked havoc on Insomnia 30 years ago?

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I heard the news. I guess this is it. Final Fantasy XV is officially dead. I guess naysayers will be pleased with this. Personally, I'm disappointed that with Tabata leaving my hopes of another Type-0 entry have been entirely dashed.

Feb 19, 2018
Yikes, the Episode Ardyn and FFXIV trailers were hype but overall that was crushing to watch.

EDIT: Unless Episode Ardyn is an alternate timeline (which it doesn't seem in any way to be) then there's alot that doesn't really make sense from that trailer. Regis would not have reacted the way he did in Kingsglaive if the things we saw in that trailer went down. Also how would it not be common knowledge that Ardyn wreaked havoc on Insomnia 30 years ago?
None of that looked like it could fit in the main timeline to me otherwise Regis would've freaked out the first time Ardyn showed up in the throne room in KG. I'm willing to bet that the prologue animation we're getting is the canon prequel/backstory of Ardyn and the Episode is an alternate Ardyn wins type of affair since he seems to be laying siege to Insomnia all on his own.