Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Really now, anything about the map size? No spoilers, please.
It starts small but as you explore it expands. It seems comparable to the Royal Edition but having some areas restored as well as the roofs accessible makes it look really big.
There's a skill tree called "Descension" which is the best thing I've ever heard lol Ardyn has alot of moves to unlock

EDIT: Here's the link

I'll also say that the towers seems a bit repetitive, and in Insomnia itself the main enemy type is disposable soldiers who are more like punching bags than adversaries.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
No spoilers but the ending definitely is a remnant of Dawn of The Future, wonder if it will be addressed in the novel.

Streamer's going for alternate ending next, curious if it will show even more of what was planned for the cancelled DLCs to tie into

EDIT:
This DLC makes Regis feel really dopey, ngl. His boss fight could have gone way harder. All of his dialogue during it is "hrng... how are you so strong? I have to... hrng... stop you... augh" :meh:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018
No spoilers but the ending definitely is a remnant of Dawn of The Future, wonder if it will be addressed in the novel.

Streamer's going for alternate ending next, curious if it will show even more of what was planned for the cancelled DLCs to tie into

EDIT:
This DLC makes Regis feel really dopey, ngl. His boss fight could have gone way harder. All of his dialogue during it is "hrng... how are you so strong? I have to... hrng... stop you... augh" :meh:
What's the reward for completing?

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
What's the reward for completing?
Some datalog entries (not sure if in main game or EA), A sword (haven't seen it yet, dunno which sword), an Ardyn outfit for Noctis, and a challenge fight like Cor, Aranea, and Noctis in the other DLC (I assume Regis but the description says "Chosen King" so may be Noctis).

okay why some people are already having it and yet it doesn't even show up in my store? :/
Only out in some territories, namely NZ and I believe AU.

Apr 13, 2018
Some datalog entries (not sure if in main game or EA), A sword (haven't seen it yet, dunno which sword), an Ardyn outfit for Noctis, and a challenge fight like Cor, Aranea, and Noctis in the other DLC (I assume Regis but the description says "Chosen King" so may be Noctis).

Only out in some territories, namely NZ and I believe AU.
Thanks for the info!

edit : 1 last thing, what's with Bahamut? super thanks!

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I really wish Somnus didn't say shit like "Maybe I was just unpopular and not talented" in the middle of the fight, really kills the vibe. I like that he's somewhat remorseful after but I think he should have kept the commanding tone during the action itself.

EDIT:
Essentially the gods set up the need for the daemons and darkness to be spread

Alternate ending is really fucked up

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Does the dlc feel standalone or it doesn't make sense due to the dlc cancelation?

Does the Alternate Ending plays in the fanfiction territory like the Ignis one or they justify it in canon?

No spoilers please.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Does the dlc feel standalone or it doesn't make sense due to the dlc cancelation?

Does the Alternate Ending plays in the fanfiction territory like the Ignis one or they justify it in canon?

No spoilers please.
DLC feels standalone, Alternate Ending doesn't really change much. Bahamut's dialogue hints at Dawn of The Future and what probably would have been the crux of Episode Noctis. We will see what they do with it in the novel.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
is this the longest episode ?
Feels that way, before you even get to Insomnia there seems to be alot of story. I started watching after the streamer got to Insomnia but he had been streaming for an hour by then.
So, RIP summonable Bahamut then...
Seems that way my friend, though we haven't seen if there's another reward for beating the extra challenge boss (like how EG had shirtless outfit locked behind time trial).

EDIT: Extra challenge boss may be the hardest yet, for those of you who were disappointed in EA's lack of difficulty. Ardyn has better tools so that may make it easier than Episode Ignis's challenge boss but the boss itself in EA is definitely harder on its own.

No reward for the extra boss, but streamer got a C so still possible that you may need a higher score like in EG

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Damn, that's a hefty episode. Story seems to be 2 hours if you blast through it and the overall Episode seems to be around 4 hours if you take your time and do everything judging by the two streams I saw. The answers given were also satisfactory imo. Honestly I'm surprised at how the devs went out of their way to clear up both new and long running misconceptions like the prophecy painting for example and the developers weren't lying when they said Ardyn wouldn't get a happy ending. The alternate choice at the end in particular really pours the salt on the wound for him. The ending also gave some much needed context to the Altissia scene which I wasn't expecting. It all makes sense now. Lastly, I honestly wasn't expecting this episode to hit me with the same type of feels as the main game ending but unlike the main ending it's got no sweet side to it, just all bitterness. Overall I can accept this as the end of FFXV.

Also this whole DLC reaffirms the fact that Bahamut is a massive dickhead. Like, fuck that guy.