Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Episode Ardyn inspired me to make a long-form video analysis of the role of the Astrals in FFXV:

Hopefully, this particular interpretation can help smooth out some of the seeming inconsistencies between Episode Ardyn and the main game!
that was really good, thanks for sharing.

latest updates made XV summons way more interesting than they were on the original version.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
that was really good, thanks for sharing.

latest updates made XV summons way more interesting than they were on the original version.
You're welcome!

It's kind of amazing how, apart from Leviathan and Bahamut, almost all of the other Astrals required updates (most notably the Chapter 12 update, the datalogs, and Comrades) to be given significant characterization.

Episode Ardyn is... kind of a sideways shift in some ways, but we're clearly still better off now than we were at release.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
You're welcome!

It's kind of amazing how, apart from Leviathan and Bahamut, almost all of the other Astrals required updates (most notably the Chapter 12 update, the datalogs, and Comrades) to be given significant characterization.

Episode Ardyn is... kind of a sideways shift in some ways, but we're clearly still better off now than we were at release.
I wish some of the them were given more attention (Looking at you, Ramuh).

Was the ability of Noctis to summon Astrals despite their corporeal death ever explained? I understand there many theories on how this happens, but I was curious to know if there are any official explanations.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I wish some of the them were given more attention (Looking at you, Ramuh).

Was the ability of Noctis to summon Astrals despite their corporeal death ever explained? I understand there many theories on how this happens, but I was curious to know if there are any official explanations.
only official info we have regarding that was from a community event interview:

- talking about Shiva, translation is a bit silly but basically says "Her main body is the big one. You see small ones when you summon her. They’re small because her main body has been put down. What are small ones or what is Gentiana are still confidential."

in pre-release interviews, Astrals were said to be the manifestation of the stars and since they can manifest whenever they want it can be said they are spiritual beings in a way.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
only official info we have regarding that was from a community event interview:

- talking about Shiva, translation is a bit silly but basically says "Her main body is the big one. You see small ones when you summon her. They’re small because her main body has been put down. What are small ones or what is Gentiana are still confidential."

in pre-release interviews, Astrals were said to be the manifestation of the stars and since they can manifest whenever they want it can be said they are spiritual beings in a way.
When was this community event? Was implying that we will get answers in the novel?

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
The bottom of the ocean is similar to the sky. When the light shines through the water it seems like the flowers dance. Beautiful and somehow sad. For the loved one who was called Luna. Is it because we kept wishing to meet? Her face floats over the swaying water.

I cannot escape. King Regis always escapes. So I let go of her hand. I was not scared. If I think I might not meet you

Hmm how's that? I could keep going...

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
The bottom of the ocean is similar to the sky. When the light shines through the water it seems like the flowers dance. Beautiful and somehow sad. For the loved one who was called Luna. Is it because we kept wishing to meet? Her face floats over the swaying water.

I cannot escape. King Regis always escapes. So I let go of her hand. I was not scared. If I think I might not meet you

Hmm how's that? I could keep going...
That was incredible. Keep going

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Why I want to cry like a young child. No, run. Don't do that. I want you to remember when we used to laugh together. I will smile with all my strength and keep quiet. Before long, I'll get a sylleblossom. I've been holding the blue flower for a long time. The sylleblossoms that I loved. I will surely give you that flower. Because this is the last time.

From now on, look to the distance. I will keep you safe. Farewell, Dear Noctis. Slowly, the outstretched hands leave.

It was good in the water, I don't know if I shed tears in the water.

She sinks, down to where the light doesn't reach. Far down to the bottom of the deep ocean. It's okay to cry aloud.

Then I heard a kind voice, "Don't cry." A voice that's been with me ever since I was young. Gentiana. "Sleep a little."

[There's something talking about Gentiana and a brother and mother are mentioned but I don't understand it. Gentiana gave Noctis peace of mind where his anxiety is gone?]

It was a strange sleep. More like a slumber. Maybe the space between sleep and reality is warm.

Suddenly my body has risen and I am puzzled by a distinctly different feel. It was similar to waking up, no I am awake.

[They're describing how Luna wakes up. But I don't understand it. They're saying something about her eyes?]

It ends with tears.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Why I want to cry like a young child. No, run. Don't do that. I want you to remember when we used to laugh together. I will smile with all my strength and keep quiet. Before long, I'll get a sylleblossom. I've been holding the blue flower for a long time. The sylleblossoms that I loved. I will surely give you that flower. Because this is the last time.

From now on, look to the distance. I will keep you safe. Farewell, Dear Noctis. Slowly, the outstretched hands leave.

It was good in the water, I don't know if I shed tears in the water.

She sinks, down to where the light doesn't reach. Far down to the bottom of the deep ocean. It's okay to cry aloud.

Then I heard a kind voice, "Don't cry." A voice that's been with me ever since I was young. Gentiana. "Sleep a little."

[There's something talking about Gentiana and a brother and mother are mentioned but I don't understand it. Gentiana gave Noctis peace of mind where his anxiety is gone?]

It was a strange sleep. More like a slumber. Maybe the space between sleep and reality is warm.

Suddenly my body has risen and I am puzzled by a distinctly different feel. It was similar to waking up, no I am awake.

[They're describing how Luna wakes up. But I don't understand it. They're saying something about her eyes?]

It ends with tears.
I guess this would explain the changes her body goes through after she dies. Thanks for the translation! I'm really excited to read the translated novel

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Another translation I found on Tumblr

The depths of the water resemble the sky.
The glimmering of the light through the water looks just like flower petals on the breeze.
Beautiful, and somehow sad.
I had a feeling that someone was calling, “Luna”. A loved one.
Perhaps it is because I have been wishing to meet him for so long, that his face appears floating on the other side of the shimmering water.

His lips form the word, “Luna”.
His brows are furrowed as he shouts.
His face, looking as though he might cry at any moment, hasn’t changed a bit, even now he has grown up..

Not a bit, from twelve years ago when we had just met.
I see him reach out to me, desperately.
That hasn’t changed either.
It happened on that day twelve years ago, in my home of Tenebrae.
The Niflheim Empire’s soldiers attacked Fenestala Manor.
It was all too sudden. My hand was taken, and we ran.
Escape or be killed. Not myself.
Someone more important than myself, Prince Noctis.

Though I had not yet assumed my duty as Oracle, I understood the fate that was mine to bear.
To support the King- the boy who would someday become King.
Even if I had to sacrifice myself.
That was the mission the Gods had given me.

If they took me, they would not be able to escape.
But without me, if it were Noctis alone, King Regis would certainly be able to escape to safety.
And so I let go. I wasn’t afraid.
Just sad, when I thought that this might be the last time we met.
Even so, if it meant that Noctis could live...

I watched as the voice shouting “Luna” and the hand reaching out for me with all its might faded into the distance.
I kept my face up and looked forward, because I didn’t want to forget his image, his voice.

Even when the Empire surrounded me, I couldn’t move from that spot.
The image of him as a child, burned into my eyelids, overlaps with his now-grown face.

This is goodbye, Noctis.
And yet, for some reason, it’s sadder this time.
It hurts like a knife in my body.
Though I have grown so much older since that day, though I am an adult now, I have formally become the Oracle, though it’s been a long time.

Why is it, that I want to cry like a naive child?
…No, no, I will not.
I want him to remember my smiling face.
I smile with all my strength and quietly reach out my hand.
Before I knew it, a blue flower had appeared in my hand.
One of the sylleblossoms that I loved so much.
I’ll give this flower to you. Surely. Because this is the end.

From now on, I’ll be watching over you from somewhere not too far away.
Farewell, dear Noctis.
More slowly than they did on that day, the hands we reach out to each other part.
I’m glad that we’re underwater.
In the water, he won’t know if I shed tears.

I sink. Not even the light reaches here.
To the deep bottom of the water. Far away.
Ah, now I can raise my voice and cry.
Noctis won’t be able to hear me.

Though the sorrow was ever-present, my loneliness and fear vanished without a trace.
As Gentiana’s gentle hand brought peace to me, I gave my body over to sleep.
It was a mysterious sleep.
Calling it a daze might have been closer.
The gap between dream and reality was a warm place.
All thoughts with form vanished, and I lost my sense of time, there was only a hazy warmth.

How long did I spend like that?
My body suddenly began to float.
I was bewildered by the clear difference in sensation to before.
It was like an awakening.
No, it was an awakening.

When I force my heavy eyelids open, pain and sensation assaults my eyeballs.
An unpleasant taste enters my mouth when I open it to breathe.

I’m underwater. My hands immediately find ground.
Fortunately, it was not particularly deep water.
Coughing violently, Lunafreya heaves herself upward.

It seems that the water was by no means clean.
I felt like there was dust in both of my eyes.
Each time I blinked, tears poured out.
“Where am I…?”

Last edited:

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Another translation I found on Tumblr

The depths of the water resemble the sky.
The glimmering of the light through the water looks just like flower petals on the breeze.
Beautiful, and somehow sad.
I had a feeling that someone was calling, “Luna”. A loved one.
Perhaps it is because I have been wishing to meet him for so long, that his face appears floating on the other side of the shimmering water.

His lips form the word, “Luna”.
His brows are furrowed as he shouts.
His face, looking as though he might cry at any moment, hasn’t changed a bit, even now he has grown up..

Not a bit, from twelve years ago when we had just met.
I see him reach out to me, desperately.
That hasn’t changed either.
It happened on that day twelve years ago, in my home of Tenebrae.
The Niflheim Empire’s soldiers attacked Fenestala Manor.
It was all too sudden. My hand was taken, and we ran.
Escape or be killed. Not myself.
Someone more important than myself, Prince Noctis.

Though I had not yet assumed my duty as Oracle, I understood the fate that was mine to bear.
To support the King- the boy who would someday become King.
Even if I had to sacrifice myself.
That was the mission the Gods had given me.

If they took me, they would not be able to escape.
But without me, if it were Noctis alone, King Regis would certainly be able to escape to safety.
And so I let go. I wasn’t afraid.
Just sad, when I thought that this might be the last time we met.
Even so, if it meant that Noctis could live...

I watched as the voice shouting “Luna” and the hand reaching out for me with all its might faded into the distance.
I kept my face up and looked forward, because I didn’t want to forget his image, his voice.

Even when the Empire surrounded me, I couldn’t move from that spot.
The image of him as a child, burned into my eyelids, overlaps with his now-grown face.

This is goodbye, Noctis.
And yet, for some reason, it’s sadder this time.
It hurts like a knife in my body.
Though I have grown so much older since that day, though I am an adult now, I have formally become the Oracle, though it’s been a long time.

Why is it, that I want to cry like a naive child?
…No, no, I will not.
I want him to remember my smiling face.
I smile with all my strength and quietly reach out my hand.
Before I knew it, a blue flower had appeared in my hand.
One of the sylleblossoms that I loved so much.
I’ll give this flower to you. Surely. Because this is the end.

From now on, I’ll be watching over you from somewhere not too far away.
Farewell, dear Noctis.
More slowly than they did on that day, the hands we reach out to each other part.
I’m glad that we’re underwater.
In the water, he won’t know if I shed tears.

I sink. Not even the light reaches here.
To the deep bottom of the water. Far away.
Ah, now I can raise my voice and cry.
Noctis won’t be able to hear me.

Though the sorrow was ever-present, my loneliness and fear vanished without a trace.
As Gentiana’s gentle hand brought peace to me, I gave my body over to sleep.
It was a mysterious sleep.
Calling it a daze might have been closer.
The gap between dream and reality was a warm place.
All thoughts with form vanished, and I lost my sense of time, there was only a hazy warmth.

How long did I spend like that?
My body suddenly began to float.
I was bewildered by the clear difference in sensation to before.
It was like an awakening.
No, it was an awakening.

When I force my heavy eyelids open, pain and sensation assaults my eyeballs.
An unpleasant taste enters my mouth when I open it to breathe.

I’m underwater. My hands immediately find ground.
Fortunately, it was not particularly deep water.
Coughing violently, Lunafreya heaves herself upward.

It seems that the water was by no means clean.
I felt like there was dust in both of my eyes.
Each time I blinked, tears poured out.
“Where am I…?”
Oh my GOD that was amazing. Literal goosebumps. I can't wait to read this novel.

Thank you for sharing this!

I found this video on Youtube. Gentiana has a few lines in the Pocket Edition that are not found in other versions of the game. What a shame, they're good lines that help explain why Luna gets weaker..

Last edited:

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
Now only the novel remains

After the release of the novel and know the most important if we get information from some people who know Japanese and English to learn the most important contents of the novel

What are your plans for Final Fantasy 15, for example, play the game from the beginning to the end with everything in the final fantasy xv universe ?

?

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Now only the novel remains

After the release of the novel and know the most important if we get information from some people who know Japanese and English to learn the most important contents of the novel

What are your plans for Final Fantasy 15, for example, play the game from the beginning to the end with everything in the final fantasy xv universe ?

?
If i don't get a friend to show him the game and guide him to the dlc without spoiling him, I will wait to PS5 to see if we get a visual improvement.
I'm pretty sure Luminous Production wants to come back as hard as we do. We may not get Dawn of the Future, but i can expect a PS5 update with something added to it.