Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I don't believe for one second that they would ever touch this game again.
I don't believe for one second that a person could suggest, in good faith, that Squenix would refuse to offer an updated rerelease of FFXV at any point in the future. Given the way Squenix behaves, an updated rerelease is all but inevitable; the only question is how much the game would be updated.

FFXV is a far more beloved FF than FFII, but that game got a full 2D remake on PSP. It's a lot more popular than FFIII, too, and that game got a full 3D remake on DS. It's more mainstream than FFXII, even after FFXII's HD remaster, but the most recent HD remaster added features that didn't exist in the original HD remaster (which added features that didn't exist in the original IZJS, which added features that didn't exist in the original game).

...with that said, I doubt that updated rereleases will be significantly updated. They'd probably, like, hide the overpowered DLC weapons in endgame areas rather than give them to players from the beginning, up the resolution, use the ultra PC settings, and add an audio track with Dawn of the Future material (the way they did for that travesty of a FFX sequel novel =P ). But that's still very different from refusing to touch the game again.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
I don't know that much about Final Fantasy, but obviously they would do all kinds of remasters remakes and rereleases for old games and there are so many old generation games but I don't think they'll do that with this one. To think that they'll touch it in the future? They're not touching it now. That's just how I see it at the moment. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
The thing about all the other remasters, remakes and updated re-releases is that the OG games were not playable in the popular newer hardwares, i.e: lack of backwards compability in most cases, something that FFXV wouldn't suffer on PS5 (and hypotheticaly on Xbox Two) since backward compability confirmed for that machine.

EDIT: That's not to say it wont ever be updated for a re-release in a "far" future but in the current and inmediate future (PS5) that's concerned, it wont be.

Last edited:

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I would not mind a re-release with all DLC integrated and some slight enhancements, like getting to actually hearing Wanderlust in the world map without interruption. Just a few small things here and there to better the quality of life of FFXV in general. Though if they wanna expand Cartanica and make it more explorable, by all means, they should do it.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
The book looks sizable, should be a fair bit to it. I'm excited but I'm also I'm sure I'll end up feeling sad for all the things that could have been in the game instead of stuck in a novel. Obviously the AU story idea is a bit trash but the fights and interactions we could have seen because of it would have been awesome.

May 15, 2018
I think she was underdeveloped so we didn't get to see her actual powers. Her character was pretty confusing in the anime e.g. "The crystal has NO will of it's own"

She was pretty inconsistent across the anime and episode Ardyn instalment.
I think the crystal was more like a mobile to call gods that only she knew how to use

May 15, 2018
Now only the novel remains

After the release of the novel and know the most important if we get information from some people who know Japanese and English to learn the most important contents of the novel

What are your plans for Final Fantasy 15, for example, play the game from the beginning to the end with everything in the final fantasy xv universe ?

?
I`ll wait until the sort their shit out and release some Ultimate Royal International Edition where they try to sew everything together as one coherent experience

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I think the crystal was more like a mobile to call gods that only she knew how to use
But King Regis himself says "The Crystal has a will all its own" in Kingsglaive. The lore tutorial in the beginning of the game, and even Ardyn says "The crystal chose me, not you" to Ravus when he poses as Noctis and kills him. It's clear that the crystal can make decisions on its own, and even if they are meant to reference Bahamut, Aera should know this because she spoke with him. What I'm trying to say is that this loose writing has led to a lot of issues in the fan base and people trying to appreciate the lore of the game, especially when you consider all the discrepancies that the game masses through translations.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Dawn of the Future is going to give me the insight to understand just what Aranea was going through in the demise of the Empire in the second half of that game. The daemonic powers. The betrayal. The fall of Gralea. Taking out men women, possibly even some children. Even the train in Gralea that was blown up and in chaos. When did that happen? I want to see spells being cast first hand!

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
But King Regis himself says "The Crystal has a will all its own" in Kingsglaive. The lore tutorial in the beginning of the game, and even Ardyn says "The crystal chose me, not you" to Ravus when he poses as Noctis and kills him. It's clear that the crystal can make decisions on its own, and even if they are meant to reference Bahamut, Aera should know this because she spoke with him. What I'm trying to say is that this loose writing has led to a lot of issues in the fan base and people trying to appreciate the lore of the game, especially when you consider all the discrepancies that the game masses through translations.
Pretty sure that "will all its own" line from Regis in Kingsglaive was in reference to Luna.

May 15, 2018
The original game never said one way or another whether Ardyn was punished for doing what he was told to do or whether he was punished for misusing his powers somehow.

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary (and heavy implications from Bahamut in support), it made far more sense to assume that Ardyn was responsible for his own rejection by the Crystal. Prior to Episode Ardyn, the only reason to support Ardyn over Bahamut was a personal resistance towards the concept of a divine destiny. And, given that Bahamut is always treated as an ally rather than an adversary in the game, flipping that on its head actually causes significant problems with assumptions necessary for the game's conclusion to function properly (as is demonstrated quite well by the fact that the players who cut against the grain to see Bahamut as a coldhearted schemer found their inability to take Bahamut down to be a source of frustration).
Ifrit is also portrayed as the good guy in FFs, but still, he was slain by Ifrit. I don`t think thats a valid point

May 15, 2018
I think that Ikkin's talking about Bahamut never being treated as an adversary in FFXV, not in other games in the series.
You`re right, sorry for confusion Ikkin :)

I think that basically the only way to sew this incoherent story with the remaints of the lore and art direction was to go back to some Nomura-Nojima era concepts. "Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so", quoting a classic.
Personally, I like the ambiguity they added to the characters, this is the depth the game needed. It falls flat where they cut though - but Iet`s wait for what they came up with for DoTF. There`s still so many plot holes - Aranea, Gilgamesh, Cor, Marilith incident, the ancient ruins...
I think the lesson from the Ardyn`s episode should be: don`t go for easy answers, even if it all WAS Bahamut`s cruel scheme, he probably has his motives too. That`s how i understand the quote at least, as - there`s no "one path", but there are consequences to everything. The hate for "the villain" exists only until you learn and understand his/her story.

Last edited: