Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
I've seen that and numerous textures like it in the game files. They're used for the low poly buildings outside of the playable areas in Insomnia. I'm not sure if there's really enough evidence of them being "leftovers" from Versus.
That's right there is a building that looks like Final Fantasy versus xiii inside Final Fantasy xv
Picture from Final Fantasy versus xiii:

VersusXIIIpartybuilding.png

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
These popped up on the TCRF's FFXV's Versus XIII left-over sub-section.:

The other thing is a sound similar to the one when Noctis hits something with his sword on the Dengeki 2007 Cloud DVD.
I've seen that and numerous textures like it in the game files. They're used for the low poly buildings outside of the playable areas in Insomnia. I'm not sure if there's really enough evidence of them being "leftovers" from Versus.
Oh nice find, I also think these are leftover stuff from 2010/2011 build too, like how those signboard textures and the West Insomnia sign texture from that build were also found.

The filename also according to TCRF says the building texture is ".\environment\insomnia\props\in_te_distant1\sourceimages\Vs0_si_buil_low_00_pd_e_$h.btex", where I think Vs0 denotes Versus leftover stuff, and since it was only used for low poly buildings in the out of bounds area and for night time they probably saw no need to create new ones. Additionaly building window interior textures like this would be used for night time, but in the final main game the other buildings in Insomnia never have lights on at night because of the state Insomnia is in at the time of WoR, only the Citadel had lights on and the street lights leading there, you only ever see other buildings with lights on at night time in Platinum demo, in Comrades against Kenny, plus the Free Battle if you play long enough to get it to night time, all three instances where you only have access to the Citadel area but the rest of Insomnia streets are out of bounds and just background.
That and it looks practically identical to the building window interior textures seen in the 2010/2011 trailers.

Also a lot of the battle sound effects used in the 2010/2011 build were the same sound effects used in the 2007/2008 CG trailer too.

For example here is one excert of a sword slash sound effect from the 2008 trailer.
https://giant.gfycat.com/WatchfulRightGiraffe.mp4

And here is that same sound effect used in the 2011 trailer
https://giant.gfycat.com/HonoredApprehensiveAtlanticridleyturtle.mp4

Last edited:

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Why would you wish for such evul.
Of course it wouldn't be on the Luminous Engine and it wouldn't be made by the same team; but in Final Fantasy XV Online, Insomnia becomes one of the greatest videogame cities known to gaming.

FINAL FANTASY XV ONLINE® — Experience Insomnia Before the Fall

Ride around in luxurious vehicles, motorcycles, exploring nightlife in the marvelous city.

• NPC's have more than 15,000 actions and lines of dialogue.
• Play as any character, customize your party any way you like.
• Shop at any of the various clothing stores.
• Choose any apartment, low end to high end.

Because of the new engine the game was made on, the visuals look more like Kingsglaive. The NPC's are lively, they have personalities.

DBC21236-79A4-4BD8-89D9-4C2DEEF64496.jpeg 7874517C-DB95-4ABA-ACFF-98B05FF37C74.jpeg
You know what you’re right this is a terrible idea, why did I even say that

Last edited:

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
Of course it wouldn't be on the Luminous Engine and it wouldn't be made by the same team; but in Final Fantasy XV Online, Insomnia becomes one of the greatest videogame cities known to gaming.

FINAL FANTASY XV ONLINE® — Experience Insomnia Before the Fall

Ride around in luxurious vehicles, motorcycles, exploring nightlife in the marvelous city.

• NPC's have more than 15,000 actions and lines of dialogue.
• Play as any character, customize your party any way you like.
• Shop at any of the various clothing stores.
• Choose any apartment, low end to high end.

Because of the new engine the game was made on, the visuals look more like Kingsglaive. The NPC's are lively, they have personalities.

View attachment 1270
That's weird XD

maxresdefault.jpg

1532639636_Grand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2018.07.21 - 00.12.08.22.jpg

08179e-Grand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2018.09.08 - 23.37.12.49.jpg

Of course there are several good points but it is also strange :cactuar: