Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Do you expect Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be better than Final Fantasy 15?
From the looks of it, technically yes; story presentation also looking better so far.

It looks more polished than XV appeared to be on promo material, and the previews confirm the sentiment.

Its feeling like a 87-89 game to me.

Last edited:

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Do you expect Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be better than Final Fantasy 15?
It will be better received than FFXV because it is a safer product overall, but everything else is up in the air. While FFXV did have various DLC that could have filled up a 2nd disc, part one alone of FFVII:R is going to be 2 discs from what I read.

On a personal level I won't enjoy FFVII:R more than FFXV, because I already played FFVII in the past. It's familiar territory, even though on a critical level the remake should be better than FFXV.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Top 10 of the Final Fantasy series according to the answers of the poll conducted by NHK in Japan.

Japanese television broadcast station NHK recently held a nation-wide poll to ask Final Fantasy fans what the most popular titles, characters, bosses, and music are in the series.

About 470,000 people participated in the poll, which was composed of 49.2% women and 50.8% men. The largest age bloc of particpants were 20-29 and 30-39. The expansive poll ranks the top 50 selections, culminating in a broadcast today where the top 10 have been revealed.

Without further ado, here are the results:

Series

. 10th: Final Fantasy XV
. 9th: Final Fantasy XI
. 8th: Final Fantasy IV
. 7th: Final Fantasy VIII
. 6th: Final Fantasy V
. 5th: Final Fantasy XIV
. 4th: Final Fantasy IX
. 3rd: Final Fantasy VI
. 2nd: Final Fantasy VII
. 1st: Final Fantasy X

Character

. 10th: Zack (Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII)
. 9th: Tifa (Final Fantasy VII)
. 8th: Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
. 7th: Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
. 6th: Emet-Selch (Final Fantasy XIV)
. 5th: Zidane (Final Fantasy IX)
. 4th: Vivi (Final Fantasy IX)
. 3rd: Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)
. 2nd: Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
. 1st: Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)

Boss & Summon

. 10th: Safer-Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
. 9th: Syldra (Final Fantasy V)
. 8th: Bahamut ZERO (Final Fantasy VII)
. 7th: Braska’s Final Aeon (Final Fantasy X)
. 6th: Valefor (Final Fantasy X)
. 5th: Omega (Final Fantasy V)
. 4th: Anima (Final Fantasy X)
. 3rd: Hades (Final Fantasy XIV)
. 2nd: Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
. 1st: Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy VII)

Music

. 10th: “Those Who Fight” (Final Fantasy VII)
. 9th: “Final Fantasy
. 8th: “Melodies of Life” (Final Fantasy IX)
. 7th: “Aerith’s Theme” (Final Fantasy VII)
. 6th: “One-Winged Angel” (Final Fantasy VII)
. 5th: “Flash” (Final Fantasy XIII)
. 4th: “In Search of Friends” (Final Fantasy VI)
. 3rd: “Eyes on Me” (Final Fantasy VIII)
. 2nd: “Clash on the Big Bridge” (Final Fantasy V)
. 1st: “To Zanarkand” (Final Fantasy X)

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Oh, I almost missed this, did it take you a month to type that out? Ah shit, here we go again.

It was not stated in any way other than a Joking way, it implies nothing.
...there is no logical reason to think Nomura couldn't too.
It was stated. Period. Logic or no logic, Nomura hasn't spoken on it much, hence there is no logical reason to think there wasn't a restriction placed on him.

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river, the cancerous Nomura fandom is the one that has been throwing shit ever since Nomura was kicked off the game. Where has anyone ever said XV has no flaws? Are you just making shit up just to make some false strawman argument over things no one ever said? Wow typical Nomura fanboy, ironic too given how hard you defend anything Nomura does as if he's a flawless god incapable of any wrongdoing and that everything he shits out is perfect including his version of the unfinished scraps of his failed canceled game.
If the Nomura fans are cancerous like you say, then you Tabata tools are the equivalent of the Coronavirus. Ever since Verum Rex surfaced you can't swallow the fact that Nomura is giving all of you and XV the finger. Too bad he's still employed and involved in so many of SE's most important projects while Tabby is making mobile games at home. I see you're also challenged in reading comprehension, so let me spell it out for you, XV is an average (at best) and unfinished game. Given the scale and budget, it's a damn shame that is all it ended up being. FFXV is the definition of missed potential. Oh people have always said it has flaws, it's just that you bunch immediately point fingers at Nomura despite moaning just moments prior how XV is all Tabata.

"made up"
LMAO
Stop talking out of your ass.
You couldn't even finish reading the rest of my post regarding that same article you re-posted lmao. Stop sniffing you own shit, then try again.

XV fell under "different direction" when Nomura was still the director of the game, Tabata as co-director was heading the new build that was later shown at E3 2013 and following that they basically reevaluated the entire game for what to keep and what to change, and a few months later Nomura was taken off and this also falls in the timline for what 7R would have started early stages too. Tabata stated in 2014 how he discussed with Nomura at length over the changes and that it wasn't something that happened at once, it was a gradual thing.
And as me an a bunch of others already discussed, the project was ever evolving. The direction and planned changes in 2013/2014 when Nomura was still there were not the end of it. Post his move to FF7R, the changes kept happening without his involvement.

False, everything from the core foundation of his entire personality and characterization are exactly how he acts in every instance of dialog we heard of him
FALSE

That Chinese law thing had nothing to do with Noctis or the characters personality, it only had to do with the Etro goddess of death stuff which is a lore thing, not a character personality thing.
Changing the origins of the crystal, the family's religion towards the goddess and crystal, the background of the family and the spiritual values of the family - all of which pull from Etro's influence - seem like they'd have an impact

Ikumori and Nozue directed the CG scenes seen in Versus and 2013 XV, not Nomura, and there is no possible way for the "themes, conflicts and character plots" of Versus to work in Verum Rex based on what we've seen since it's inherently contextually different on a fundemental level.
Yes, and some grunts also programmed them, not Nomura. Thanks for the obvious. Point is, they were purposed for his version of the story, and nothing is preventing him from using those same elements in his next game since they were not used in XV. Also Nomura stated in the ultimania that VR is not the game he previously worked on. So yes, it isn't a remake. However the concept of spiritual successors exists, Bloodstained is not Castlevania, but I guarantee fans of the latter enjoyed the former. So whatever Nomura decides to do with VR, if selective Versus themes are repurposed, the fans of that project will be happy.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
It was stated. Period. Logic or no logic, Nomura hasn't spoken on it much, hence there is no logical reason to think there wasn't a restriction placed on him.
It implies nothing, your confirmation bias is not an indication of anything, that's all you fucking do, pull shit out of your ass and form headcanons because you don't actually know what you're talking about.

If the Nomura fans are cancerous like you say, then you Tabata tools are the equivalent of the Coronavirus. Ever since Verum Rex surfaced you can't swallow the fact that Nomura is giving all of you and XV the finger. Too bad he's still employed and involved in so many of SE's most important projects while Tabby is making mobile games at home. I see you're also challenged in reading comprehension, so let me spell it out for you, XV is an average (at best) and unfinished game. Given the scale and budget, it's a damn shame that is all it ended up being. FFXV is the definition of missed potential. Oh people have always said it has flaws, it's just that you bunch immediately point fingers at Nomura despite moaning just moments prior how XV is all Tabata.
LMAO thanks for proving you're a cancerous just like the rest of the toxic KH/Nomura fandom, even since Verum Rex was announced you can't accept the fact that Versus is fully dead because Verum Rex will never be the actual Versus no matter how many fucking cutscenes it superficially copies, and even more hilarious is how butthurt you braindead Versus stands got whenever XV referenced Versus stuff where you complained "b-but it's not the real versus!?" yet somehow Verum Rex is despite being even further removed? Holy shit you are more delusional than I thought.

Too bad Nomura is known worldwide as a fucking hack director incapable of making a good game, while Tabata is known for saving FF with FFXV, the best selling FF game to date when comparison release timespans, which is also constantly ranked highly by fans in top 5s and top 10s constantly. Nomura has never released a single finished game so it's extremely ironic that you shill Nomura so hard and try to demonize XV for actually being a finished game with a finished ending, more content in it than literally any game Nomura has shat out. It's amazing how Tabata gets to not only run his own company with many other former Square Enix devs, including those who worked on Versus, but that he's already as much stated his next game is going to be a AAA game, while Nomura is stuck being Square Enix's whipping boy with his name attached to everything no matter how much involvement he even had in it. Why is Nomura so incompetent that he needs co-directors to actually direct the games for him? If not for Yasue then KH3 never would have released, if not for Hamaguchi and Toriyama then FF7R part 1 never would have released, if not for Tabata then FFXV never would have released.

You couldn't even finish reading the rest of my post regarding that same article you re-posted lmao. Stop sniffing you own shit, then try again.
I read that steaming pile of shit you tried to call an argument, you literally tried to say I "made up" that Tabata's team didn't want to merge with Nomura's team because it had a bad reputation within Square Enix, you outright said it right here, stop trying to backpedal because you were once again talking out of your ass.

or your made up "internal bad reputation").
This is now the 3RD time this has been posted to you and you still failed to read it and how it proves you wrong

And as me an a bunch of others already discussed, the project was ever evolving. The direction and planned changes in 2013/2014 when Nomura was still there were not the end of it. Post his move to FF7R, the changes kept happening without his involvement.
What does it changing after Nomura left have anything to do with the fact that it was constantly in flux WHILE Nomura was director, where Roberto Ferrari stated the story was changing every 3 months and nothing was defined during the time he was on the game, changes happen in every game during development yet you're the only one here trying to absolve Nomura of making changes to things on a whim and him having no actual idea what he was trying to do, other than a vague idea.

Nope, it is true.
Every single Nomura interview ever describing Noctis's personality is him describing exactly how he is in the final game too. Keep living in denial.

Changing the origins of the crystal, the family's religion towards the goddess and crystal, the background of the family and the spiritual values of the family - all of which pull from Etro's influence - seem like they'd have an impact
LMAOOOO
What the fuck does replacing the FNC lore into a different lore that actually makes sense have ANYTHING to do with character personality? Are you really this dense?
"religion" lmao there was never any statement of "religion" at all, them worshipping Etro is not any different than Lestallum worshipping Titan or Altissia worshiping Leviathan
"spiritual values of the family", you mean, that they make sacrifices of their kings all for the sake of the true king, and where the main figure head god makes blood sacrifice of the true king, aka literally asking for his death as the price? Literally none of that has any bearing on the personality of any character and never did to begin with.

Yes, and some grunts also programmed them, not Nomura. Thanks for the obvious.
Are you seriously trying to equate the actual CG cinematic directors who actually are in charge of the creative descisions of the CG cinemenatics as being "grunts" that work for Nomura? See this just proves you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, the Visual Works team does so much stuff on their own because they get so little reference work, especially from Nomura, that they're just told to make something cool and they create all the visual elements, magic circles, flesh out full character designs that Nomura only gives them unfinished sketches of, etc, and actually make content in the CG that the game dev team THEN later try and repurpose to be incorporated into the game. That happened with all the FF14 CG, it happened with Versus CG, it happened with Type-0 where all Nomura did was a single sketch of Class-0 and Visual Works had to create everything from scratch using just a single image as reference.

Verum Rex is not Versus/XV, it's not even a "repurposed" Versus/XV, Versus was cancelled and FFXV was the reboot, and the last official time we even saw Noct in the car being driven was as part of FFXV, so that was now part of early FFXV and no longer even Versus, Verum Rex has visual similarities but that's where it ends, conceptually and fundementally nothing about it is even remotely the same about anything we knew about Versus.

Verum Rex is to Versus XIII/XV what Mighty No.9 is to Megaman, I'm sure all those Megaman fans loved Mighty No.9.

You braindead Versus stans will never be happy because you don't even fucking know what Versus even was and you can never make up your mind, all you have is conceptual trailers you formed your headcanon fanfic around and that's all you'll ever have for it.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Too bad Nomura is known worldwide as a fucking hack director incapable of making a good game
Man you got to chill. I get that you're not the biggest fan of Nomura and neither am I honestly. I understand there are a lot of components to bringing together a success product fully, and there's often a lot of people involved in that if we are talking SE. However, you can't dismiss the Kingdom Hearts games as bad games. They've had a lot of success to them, and millions of people love those games. Are they perfect? Absolutely not. FFXV isn't perfect either. Almost nothing perfect exists in the realm of gaming, unless we are talking Tetris that shit is fiya.

If Pro Versus fans want to continue on with their pointless arguments let them. The reality is FFXV came out; had success which in turned encouraged more content to be created for it; which in turn provided an improved overall experience for a good number of players. I leave you with this quote sir:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Tabata and Nomura arent perfect, the fact remains that many elements of his vision for this project didnt survive at the end, and Versus became XV.

because the company would be developing multiples episodes for FFVIIR in the future, the plan of making multiple episodes for The Versus Epic changed and they decided to make one single game; elements of the supposed grand story were adapted or removed in consequence.

THE END

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
@Bazztek "Too bad Nomura is known worldwide as a fucking hack director incapable of making a good game"

The reason Nomura left the project is because of the company's decision to remove him and make FF7R. It's impossible for Nomura to direct 3 games simultaneously. For you saying that Nomura is a hack director is really below the belt in my opinion, I really enjoyed playing KH Games, the first Kingdom Hearts game was really good, and I also liked KH3. If he's a bad director then he Square Enix wouldn't hire him to direct Final Fantasy 7 Remake in the first place which is currently their biggest game (Much bigger than XV). Listen, I'm trying to be respectful, I understand that Tabata is trying to finish the game. With all due respect, he changed the entire story which really pissed Nomura. Imagine you created an entire trilogy of your story, then suddenly someone took that and changed it all up is really disrespectful. If Tabata decided to continue Nomura's vision, then he should have my full respect for finishing his game.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Listen, I'm trying to be respectful, I understand that Tabata is trying to finish the game. With all due respect, he changed the entire story which really pissed Nomura. Imagine you created an entire trilogy of your story, then suddenly someone took that and changed it all up is really disrespectful. If Tabata decided to continue Nomura's vision, then he should have my full respect for finishing his game.
That's assuming Nomura did have a trillogy worth of content.
That's also assuming his vision actually had the necesary substance that the only possible way telling said story is in a trillogy format.
Finally that's assuming his vision did not have substanceless filler inbetween.