Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

nomnom

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 28, 2021
If the dawn of the future did not cancel the additional contents would there be a choice in the episode ardyn to change its destiny?
If this option exists in the novel, does not this contradict their view of the ardyn episode that his fate can not be changed?
What is your opinion on this subject and if there is something wrong, tell me

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
FFXV is just weird. The avatara system was there and removed before I even got a chance to use it. Oh well. The mods didn't even really happen. Can't even mod it right. Why was avatara tied to online? I think they didn't want people to play it.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
FFXV is just weird. The avatara system was there and removed before I even got a chance to use it. Oh well. The mods didn't even really happen. Can't even mod it right. Why was avatara tied to online? I think they didn't want people to play it.
The downside of the "game as a service" model.
The same could be said about the Assassin's Creed collab. It was a really well-built event with a lot of cool scripted scenes and fights in the city scape (of which this game practically doesn't have if we don't take Insomnia and occasional Altissia hunts which feel like standard dungeons anyway).
And they made it temporary with only so many folks having a chance to play it.
Looking back, the way they handled the project was close to a wreck with so many promises of things that simply never came to fruition (yes, I'm still mad at them for not releasing a proper mod toolkit, even more so than the cancelled DLCs).

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Tabata strikes back :happymog:

JP Games developing two large-scale titles in cooperation with major companies

JP Games, the studio led by Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, has two new projects in development, each in cooperation with a major company, Tabata told the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

“Both are large-scale titles,” Tabata said.

The first title has finished pre-production. It is a high-speed RPG described as an experimental game and evolution of Final Fantasy Type-0. Tabata wants to lessen the amount of time it takes to clear an RPG in a single playthrough by condensing the RPG experience and making it playable many times over in multiplayer.

The second title has only just begun. It is a global AAA-scale nomadic RPG described as an evolution of Final Fantasy XV. The goal is to make a large-scale title that incorporates free exploration.
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/jp-...le-titles-in-cooperation-with-major-companies

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Tabata: 私はすでに精神的な後継者です。

Fans: 何!?

SQEX: 興味ないね。

(P.S. I know I probably made a mistake in the Japanese, but I couldn't resist.)

Feb 19, 2018
Tabata strikes back :happymog:

JP Games developing two large-scale titles in cooperation with major companies

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/jp-...le-titles-in-cooperation-with-major-companies
My guess is the FFXV-esque title might also be his way of clearing his name following the disastrous dev cycle of FFXV. Something similar happened back in the day with the Devil May Cry series when Hideaki Itsuno was put on DMC2 last minute after it went through a troubled dev cycle and was pretty much left holding all the blame for a mess that wasn't his. That led to him creating DMC3 to clear his name and in the process, he made one of the most influential action games to this day. Honestly hoping that this will be Tabata's DMC3, I'm rooting for the guy.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Well XV is as dead as it gets, maybe i'll be back for VR or in 10-years when an HD port for the PS6 happens - it's been fun most of the time here, but imma peace out~