Final Fantasy XVI - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Looks like Jiro Mifune is working on FFXVI, he was the visual effect supervisor of FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII and Tactics Ogre.

I made a tweet about Vagrant Story and an user had a tweet showing that Jiro Mifune might be involved in FFXVI.

Jiro Mifune was the visual effect supervisor of FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII and Tactics Ogre. He also stopped working on FFXIV after Heavensward

This man has always been a wizard.

@ResetEra

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
I liked this and I wanted to leave it here. Where on the Valisthea map each Final Fantasy XVI's kingdom would be.

How would FFXVI's world of Valisthea be arranged?

Well, we believe according to the descriptions, that this is how the 6 kingdoms will be distributed on the map.

Rosaria: west
Sanbreque: center
Waloed: east
Dhalmekia: south
Iron: archipelago
Crystalline: center

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Famitsu’s most wanted games – April 11, 2021

1. [PS5] Final Fantasy XVI – 647 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 607 votes
3. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 453 votes
4. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 447 votes
5. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 382 votes
6. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 374 votes
7. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V – 355 votes
8. [PS4] Samurai Warriors 5 – 257 votes
9. [PS5] Pragmata – 217 votes
10. [PS4] Resident Evil Village – 194 votes
11. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 193 votes
12. [NSW] New Pokemon Snap – 191 votes
13. [NSW] Ushiro – 182 votes
14. [PS4] R-Type Final 2 – 177 votes
15. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 175 votes
16. [PS5] Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade – 172 votes
17. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 157 votes
18. [NSW] Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 154 votes
19. [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Keppuutan – 152 votes
20. [PS4] NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… – 145 votes
21. [PS4] Nayuta no Kiseki Kai – 143 votes
22. [PS4] Elden Ring – 135 votes
23. [NSW] Samurai Warriors 5 – 125 votes
24. [NSW] Fuuraiki 4 – 122 votes
25. [PS4] Anonymous;Code – 109 votes
26. [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 106 votes
27. [NSW] Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin – 103 votes
28. [PS4] Granblue Fantasy Relink – 85 votes
29. [PS4] The Idolmaster: Starlit Season – 82 votes
30. [PS4] SaGa Frontier Remastered – 80 votes
Source

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Navtra said this in the ResetEra post about Final Fantasy XVI. I imagine there will be at least something new about the game at E3 2021.

I believe you can expect at least one more major FF announcement in addition to updates on the currently announced stuff (XVI/Endwalker/VIIR).

It should be a good E3 season for Square overall.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'm really wondering what extra or even substantial FF news they could possibly reveal at this point with their already stacked lineup of things to talk about for the franchise.
XVI'll probably dominate alongside VIIR and likely a small update on Forspoken. I'm really looking forward to more XVI since its world looks super interesting.

As to this potential unknown FF, here's my three utterly out-there speculations; a standalone spin-off (secondary rumor hints it's a Team Ninja collab with Souls-like aspects); a sequel to another title (X-2, XV-2, Type-1 anyone?) co-created to another dev; or...Haerasis! (that's just silly).

There's even a "cross-gen Eidos project" apparently gonna be revealed. And this isn't counting all the announced stuff they'll probably have trailers and info dumps for outside of FF. Golly, this E3's shaping up to be explosive!

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
XVI'll probably dominate alongside VIIR and likely a small update on Forspoken. I'm really looking forward to more XVI since its world looks super interesting.

As to this potential unknown FF, here's my three utterly out-there speculations; a standalone spin-off (secondary rumor hints it's a Team Ninja collab with Souls-like aspects); a sequel to another title (X-2, XV-2, Type-1 anyone?) co-created to another dev; or...Haerasis! (that's just silly).

There's even a "cross-gen Eidos project" apparently gonna be revealed. And this isn't counting all the announced stuff they'll probably have trailers and info dumps for outside of FF. Golly, this E3's shaping up to be explosive!
If there is going to be any going back to visit any ground such as the examples you provided, there doesn't need to a FFXV sequel cause it's pretty shut and done at this point and the same applies with X. However....Type-One very well could be a thing given the teaser that was at the end of Type-0

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Feb 19, 2018
Interesting that they've officially declared that the English dub takes precedence over the Japanese one at this point. I could already see more care given in the English dubbing for FFVIIR and FFXV but it's still surprising to hear it said out loud. Guess the western market is just that much bigger at this point for Square and specifically Final Fantasy. Either way, I'm excited to see more of this game.