Kingdom Hearts games should come to Steam

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I think it should totally happen because it would really expand the Kingdom Hearts fan base due to more people getting to play KH and not having a buy a console to do it, I propose a release similar to Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy where they release the Dark Seeker Saga as a trilogy after they release Kingdom Hearts 3 or before they release it hopefully it's before if they plan on releasing it in 2019, I theorize the reason why they haven't announced any plans to bring these games to PC probably has to do with not just them not having any, but because it would cannibalize the console sales, so it would be better for them to space it out business wise(I mean that's their logic, I don't think it's really correct, but that's how I think they see it)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 March 2018
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 May 2018
Kingdom Hearts 3 October 2018
I mean I think its possible Square wants to maximize digital sales, FFXV a game similar to KH will most likely get a PC release(hopefully this year or early next year), Disney who owns Marvel seems to actually really care about the PC, I mean Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are coming to the PC both being apart of a console exclusive series, and Disney releasing a slew of games on Steam along with Disney Infinity being on PC. On the Disney side it doesn't seem like there is a problem, on the Square side well you know the deal, they have been dropping FF games left and right, and they don't seem to have any troubles releasing PS4 exclusives on PC either case in point FFX/X-2 HD Remaster.
Also I should add since the games or at least KH 2.8, and 3 are made in Unreal Engine 4 they should be easy to port over to the PC platform which is probably why the previously console exclusive series Tekken is now coming to Steam with the new release of Tekken 7, and I can't imagine that KH1.5 + 2.5 would be a hard port either considering it's being made for the PS4 which is an x86-64 platform.

Now when it comes to control schemes for Keyboard and Mouse(Which honestly most PC Gamers have a controller anyway but still why not)
WASD(Movement)
Space(Jump)
Scroll Wheel(command selection as well as attack(for KH1, KH2, and 0.2)
Left Mouse(Attack(for KHBBS, and Dream Drop Distance)
Right Mouse(Lock on)
Shortcuts(Shift Key with options to map them to whatever key you like)
Reaction Commands(Q)
Drop Commands(Q with the mouse to use them)

smellslikejavier

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 18, 2017
I think it should totally happen because it would really expand the Kingdom Hearts fan base due to more people getting to play KH and not having a buy a console to do it, I propose a release similar to Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy where they release the Dark Seeker Saga as a trilogy after they release Kingdom Hearts 3 or before they release it hopefully it's before if they plan on releasing it in 2019, I theorize the reason why they haven't announced any plans to bring these games to PC probably has to do with not just them not having any, but because it would cannibalize the console sales, so it would be better for them to space it out business wise(I mean that's their logic, I don't think it's really correct, but that's how I think they see it)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 March 2018
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 May 2018
Kingdom Hearts 3 October 2018
I mean I think its possible Square wants to maximize digital sales, FFXV a game similar to KH will most likely get a PC release(hopefully this year or early next year), Disney who owns Marvel seems to actually really care about the PC, I mean Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are coming to the PC both being apart of a console exclusive series, and Disney releasing a slew of games on Steam along with Disney Infinity being on PC. On the Disney side it doesn't seem like there is a problem, on the Square side well you know the deal, they have been dropping FF games left and right, and they don't seem to have any troubles releasing PS4 exclusives on PC either case in point FFX/X-2 HD Remaster.
Also I should add since the games or at least KH 2.8, and 3 are made in Unreal Engine 4 they should be easy to port over to the PC platform which is probably why the previously console exclusive series Tekken is now coming to Steam with the new release of Tekken 7, and I can't imagine that KH1.5 + 2.5 would be a hard port either considering it's being made for the PS4 which is an x86-64 platform.

Now when it comes to control schemes for Keyboard and Mouse(Which honestly most PC Gamers have a controller anyway but still why not)
WASD(Movement)
Space(Jump)
Scroll Wheel(command selection as well as attack(for KH1, KH2, and 0.2)
Left Mouse(Attack(for KHBBS, and Dream Drop Distance)
Right Mouse(Lock on)
Shortcuts(Shift Key with options to map them to whatever key you like)
Reaction Commands(Q)
Drop Commands(Q with the mouse to use them)
Cannibalize console sales? what are you even talking about? look at any number sales charts and you'll notice console sales tend to always be bigger than PC sales for all games, specially the usual multiplatform ones like COD, Battefield, FIFA, etc (also due to the fact that not many people has gaming PCs, and according to a steam survey from some years ago the majority of people have PC less powerful than the PS4 and XOne, you can look this up on Google).
As for JRPGs and other Japanese games they also tend to always sell better on PS consoles due to two facts: PC gaming on Japan is practically non-existent since consoles and handhelds is what always appealed the most to Japanese gamers and this is also seen on the sales charts, and the physical (disc) market on PC is also non-existent nowadays because 95% of sales are done digitally there now. This last fact puts most PC sales behind consoles 'cause the later has two healthy markets: both digital and physical, meanwhile devs only have the digital one for PC.

So no, while I'm not saying PC sales are bad they don't get near close to console sales because the average gamer and the non-average one doesn't knows or cares about upgrading PC hardware, video graphics cards, processor, etc and wasting more money and keep checking system requirements for said game to see if they can run properly, most people chose the easy and proper way of buying a console and game, insert the disc on the console and play! like it should be. Reason why I don't play on PC anymore, and also because of the much better AAA and bigger-budget exclusives that PlayStation gets (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Until Dawn, Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1886, First Light, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, DriveClub, Ni No Kuni 2, long etc...) while the only exclusives PC gets (and 99% of them always gets ported to consoles later on) are all low budget indie games like FNAF (is getting a console remake soon), undertale, etc...

Also, you're pretty much the only one asking for a PC version (no one ever bothered replying to this thread of yours), I've been on many Kingdom Hearts forums and no one is begging for a PC port, so yeah you can see how big the demand is! LOL

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Cannibalize console sales? what are you even talking about? look at any number sales charts and you'll notice console sales tend to always be bigger than PC sales for all games, specially the usual multiplatform ones like COD, Battefield, FIFA, etc (also due to the fact that not many people has gaming PCs, and according to a steam survey from some years ago the majority of people have PC less powerful than the PS4 and XOne, you can look this up on Google).
As for JRPGs and other Japanese games they also tend to always sell better on PS consoles due to two facts: PC gaming on Japan is practically non-existent since consoles and handhelds is what always appealed the most to Japanese gamers and this is also seen on the sales charts, and the physical (disc) market on PC is also non-existent nowadays because 95% of sales are done digitally there now. This last fact puts most PC sales behind consoles 'cause the later has two healthy markets: both digital and physical, meanwhile devs only have the digital one for PC.

So no, while I'm not saying PC sales are bad they don't get near close to console sales because the average gamer and the non-average one doesn't knows or cares about upgrading PC hardware, video graphics cards, processor, etc and wasting more money and keep checking system requirements for said game to see if they can run properly, most people chose the easy and proper way of buying a console and game, insert the disc on the console and play! like it should be. Reason why I don't play on PC anymore, and also because of the much better AAA and bigger-budget exclusives that PlayStation gets (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Until Dawn, Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1886, First Light, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, DriveClub, Ni No Kuni 2, long etc...) while the only exclusives PC gets (and 99% of them always gets ported to consoles later on) are all low budget indie games like FNAF (is getting a console remake soon), undertale, etc...

Also, you're pretty much the only one asking for a PC version (no one ever bothered replying to this thread of yours), I've been on many Kingdom Hearts forums and no one is begging for a PC port, so yeah you can see how big the demand is! LOL
Oh boy you don't know what your talking about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD wasn't announced for PC until 3 months after the console version, and didn't release until 3 months later, you know console sales get cannibalized when people buy the PC Version instead.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
KH should come to PC so I can control The Mouse with my mouse.
I suspect it will happen after Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, if they announced a mainline Kingdom Hearts game for PC right now(not counting KHX), it could cannibalize the sales of the game on the PS4, PC gaming is growing bigger, especially with how cheap it is now, also they could potentially make more money if they don't announce a PC Port of any Kingdom Hearts game right now, because of the double dippers.

I am fairly certain that the Burroughs estate is still not pleased with the unlicensed use of their property in the first Kingdom Hearts game. That and I'm not sure how and if Disney has come to an agreement with Utada Hikaru.

With that being said, if they manage to release those games on Steam/PC, they should either fix some of the issues or allow modding to let players fix them themselves*. It's a bloody shame on two really big companies that they basically re-release products years later and leave them unfixed.

*on the other hand, I can see this massively pissing off the fanbase on consoles...

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I am fairly certain that the Burroughs estate is still not pleased with the unlicensed use of their property in the first Kingdom Hearts game. That and I'm not sure how and if Disney has come to an agreement with Utada Hikaru.

With that being said, if they manage to release those games on Steam/PC, they should either fix some of the issues or allow modding to let players fix them themselves*. It's a bloody shame on two really big companies that they basically re-release products years later and leave them unfixed.

*on the other hand, I can see this massively pissing off the fanbase on consoles...

If it's released digitally on the PS4, PC shouldn't be an issue when it comes to licensing, and Nomura himself said it's a possibility that the remasters could come to the Xbox One so there is no licensing agreement with Sony either though he said if the Japanese audience wants it, Im guessing it's because of manufacturing costs or something so it won't matter much for the PC. He also said that KH3 could come out on other hardware this is not limited to the Switch it was a misrepresentation of what he said PC is included in this. They probably came to an agreement this generation when both the PS4 and Xbox One have mandatory day 1 digital, and Disney told them outright that this isn't 1993 anymore CD sales mean jackshit get with the 21st century and stop fucking up are sales. It probably went something like that

>*on the other hand, I can see this massively pissing off the fanbase on consoles

As if Square gives a fuck about fanboys if they didn't care about the KH3 coming to Xbox One and the fan reaction with that one, then I doubt they would even blink about pissing off the fanbase since this is something irrational to be pissed about.

>With that being said, if they manage to release those games on Steam/PC, they should either fix some of the issues or allow modding to let players fix them themselves*. It's a bloody shame on two really big companies that they basically re-release products years later and leave them unfixed.

Don't worry we got this.

As if Square gives a fuck about fanboys if they didn't care about the KH3 coming to Xbox One and the fan reaction with that one, then I doubt they would even blink about pissing off the fanbase since this is something irrational to be pissed about.
Uhm, no. You completely missed the entire bloody point of that sentence, which was an addendum to this statement (notice the asterisk):
With that being said, if they manage to release those games on Steam/PC, they should either fix some of the issues or allow modding to let players fix them themselves*.
People are already displeased with the PS4 versions of I.5 and II.5 getting content the PS3 versions didn't (Theatre mode and additional cutscenes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded). Yes, it was minor content, but now, please imagine if the only way to play the 'ultimate' versions of these games was on PC because it's getting the following:
  • a fix for the 'sticker faces'
  • a fix for the issues with 60fps
  • a reintroduction of the non-English dub for KH I & II
  • a complete overhaul of the translations for KH DDD (the European versions are ATROCIOUS)
...among other things. You'd feel kind of cheated if you bought the PS4 version, only to learn that there's a version for a different platform that fixes all the issues the one you already own has.

Also:
They probably came to an agreement this generation when both the PS4 and Xbox One have mandatory day 1 digital, and Disney told them outright that this isn't 1993 anymore CD sales mean jackshit get with the 21st century and stop fucking up are sales.
CD sales have bugger all to do with licensing agreements.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Uhm, no. You completely missed the entire bloody point of that sentence, which was an addendum to this statement (notice the asterisk):

People are already displeased with the PS4 versions of I.5 and II.5 getting content the PS3 versions didn't (Theatre mode and additional cutscenes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded). Yes, it was minor content, but now, please imagine if the only way to play the 'ultimate' versions of these games was on PC because it's getting the following:
  • a fix for the 'sticker faces'
  • a fix for the issues with 60fps
  • a reintroduction of the non-English dub for KH I & II
  • a complete overhaul of the translations for KH DDD (the European versions are ATROCIOUS)
...among other things. You'd feel kind of cheated if you bought the PS4 version, only to learn that there's a version for a different platform that fixes all the issues the one you already own has.

Also:

CD sales have bugger all to do with licensing agreements.
That's what I heard it was about the music licensing that's why KH titles couldn't be released digitally. I guess they are resolved now.