Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Motomu Toriyama Discussion and Rumor Thread

Lucina

AVALANCHE Warrior
I played FFXIII. It was pretty fun. Not my favourite Final Fantasy but it did turn me into a more serious Final Fantasy fan. I believe Mr. Toriyama is a good and competent director, but he has yet to make a game I can truly love.

His project has yet to be announced.

Yay, we have a thread dedicated to Motomu Toriyama now! Now let's pool all that enthusiasm here!

Jokes aside: I hope he's working on the FFX spin-off that Verendus mentioned. Hopefully based on the hilarious FFX-2.5 novella. I want to see what silly stuff they would come up with :D

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
There were definitely components of XIII and its sequels that I really like. Overall as a complete package I didn't like it as much, but honestly a lack luster Final Fantasy is still a pretty decent game regardless.

I myself never pay too much attention on the producer and directors of game. I actually learned a bit from coming to this forum :)

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Sadly only game of his I haven't played.
Same, and it's why I asked in this thread. I very much enjoyed Revenant Wings (except for mechanic that tied final boss difficulty to mission completion percentage) and wondering if this title would be similar in enjoyability. I could always watch someone play through it on YouTube but that's no fun.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Same, and it's why I asked in this thread. I very much enjoyed Revenant Wings (except for mechanic that tied final boss difficulty to mission completion percentage) and wondering if this title would be similar in enjoyability. I could always watch someone play through it on YouTube but that's no fun.
Revenant Wings was amazing.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Is Motomu Toriyama directing the new Front Mission title?

Motomu Toriyama, the director of the Final Fantasy X & XIII series along with Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and Blood of Bahamut confirmed on December 27, 2014 that they will be able to announce his new project in 2015.

Siliconera recently learnt from a source at Square Enix that a new Front Mission game is in development.

Motomu Toriyama was the senior scriptwriter for Front Mission Evolved and "has a real love for the series".

Do you think the project Toriyama spoke of is this new Front Mission title? Hopefully we find out soon.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
To those who really like Toriyama:
What do you think are his big strengths. What makes the games he has worked on so special for you?

I'm curious because I don't have this kind of sympathy for any developer/director/scnario writer. I like various character designers/design artists like Naora, Yoshida, Nomura and Amano because I can precisely say what I like about their works. But I have a hard time doing the same for someone like Toriyama/Tabata/Itou or even Sakaguchi.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
To those who really like Toriyama:
What do you think are his big strengths. What makes the games he has worked on so special for you?

I'm curious because I don't have this kind of sympathy for any developer/director/scnario writer. I like various character designers/design artists like Naora, Yoshida, Nomura and Amano because I can precisely say what I like about their works. But I have a hard time doing the same for someone like Toriyama/Tabata/Itou or even Sakaguchi.
I just like all the games he's written or directed a lot.

If you want some special reasons.

X was my first FF game.
XIII was the most beautiful game I'd ever played when I first played it.
Lightning Returns opened me up to open-world games.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
I just like all the games he's written or directed a lot.

If you want some special reasons.

X was my first FF game.
XIII was the most beautiful game I'd ever played when I first played it.
Lightning Returns opened me up to open-world games.
ok.
But you can't nail it down to one specific thing like the way he's written a certain character or a specific dialogue scene or something else ?

I just have a hard time understanding (not only for Toriyama but people in general) the fandom if I don't know "exactly" what extraordinary this single person has done for a project.