Persona 5 Discussion Thread (Spoiler Tagged)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Still wrapping my thoughts on what I think and feel about the game and how I rated it, might write a review at one point (or might not...most likely, cause lazyness...).

At the moment this are my mostly raw impressions:
  1. Visually stylish and neat.
  2. Dungeons are good...until they drag...
  3. Turn Base system is solid.
  4. Characters are solid but I feel the game puts too much emphasis on their Phatom Thievery dynamics over their individual/collective parthership/friendship dynamic.
  5. Social and High-School simulation is still as solid as its two predecesors.
  6. The story lacks strong commitment torwards its theme of rebellion. Ironically it (for me) feels imprisoned with no desire to rebel.
  7. While the story is well writen, with enough exposition, development, engagement and other stuffs, it's painfully flawed in one aspect, subtlety. It's so heavy-handed it's not even funny.
I am not sure about what score giving it (or even scoring it).

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Agree with point no.2.

I practically rushed through the dungeons to get back to the real world game.

I really like the Characters too but I feel some of the Confidant stories could've been a lot better.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Finished palace 5 several days ago, it....wasn't the worst but not as good as it could have been.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
So guys, how do you rank each Palace?
For me:

P4>P1>P2>P6>P8>P3>P5>P7

P4: Futaba's Pyramid, is for me the best due to the puzzles (even if their only reason to be there is for padding).
From there my liking of the others are tied to their lenght more so than its design and puzzles, the longer they are = the less I like them. Only exception being P4 despite being longer than the previous 3 palaces.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Finished palace 5 several days ago, it....wasn't the worst but not as good as it could have been.
If I recall, Palace 5 was
the space one right?

Yeah that one was alright. Not as absurdly long as 3 or 6 though.

So guys, how do you rank each Palace?
For me:

P4>P1>P2>P6>P8>P3>P5>P7

P4: Futaba's Pyramid, is for me the best due to the puzzles (even if their only reason to be there is for padding).
From there my liking of the others are tied to their lenght more so than its design and puzzles, the longer they are = the less I like them. Only exception being P4 despite being longer than the previous 3 palaces.
I can say without a doubt the best one for me is P4. The music is the best Palace theme in the game for me, and the overall story and vibe of it was fantastic.

2nd one is the next best one, mostly because it's short and it had a nice design. All the others are tied because they're too long.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
After some thoughts I would put Persona 5 on equal ground with Persona 3 and Persona 4 but I will say that out of them I like P3 slightly more with P5 coming behind.

If I had to give the game a score I would give the game a 8/10 which in my personal ranking equals to a Solid product in most fronts with a bunch of problems in other areas.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Finally beat the game tonight.

Even with apparent issues it was definitely worth the wait, 9/10 for me. Happy for the franchise' success.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Liked: Coherent plot (in spite of some flaws), better than usual designed dungeons, fun combat, ost, god-tier style

Disliked: Inconsistent dungeon design quality, mice/airlock puzzles, pacing issues at times, "go to bed", obnoxious railroading.

Antonio94

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jul 3, 2017
England
I've finished Persona 5 (spent about 100 hours into this first run I think) and overall I really like it. The combat is solid, palaces are quite excellent in my opinion. Music is great and I can't even get those songs out of my head now XD.
One thing I've to agree is that the story seems to be as impactful as Persona 3 or 4. One good thing they've done is the near the end of the game when Joker turns himself in, it really inspires the sense of friendship Joker've built throughout the game. But sadly, I felt the confidants in Persona 5 isn't as influential as Persona 3 or 4. In Persona 3 and 4, I felt much closer to the characters, meanwhile, I don't really feel this close relationship in Persona 5 (Not sure whether it's due to my familiarity with Persona in general or not).
But yeah, overall it's a excellent game, can't say it's lackluster compared to P3 or 4.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The music is definitely one of the highlights of the game.

Haven't played 3 or 4 yet but I did listen to a few of their tracks. I prefer the musical style for 5 best.

Antonio94

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jul 3, 2017
England
The music is definitely one of the highlights of the game.

Haven't played 3 or 4 yet but I did listen to a few of their tracks. I prefer the musical style for 5 best.
If you have time I would recommend trying P3 and P4. Each has its own theme and a particular topic about Japanese society (yeah no joke, it's truly Japanese problems). Though replaying these 2 games can be somewhat discouraging since the gameplay isn't as inspiring as P5. Storywise, it's really excellent and both of them leave me the feeling of emptiness and missing.