Mine too I heard good things about the ending tho that people were moved to tears by it. But I also heard quite a good amount of stuff happens offscreen in some chapters and some side characters had little screentime.
It seems like alot of villians were shafted like Ravus Idoleias and Verstal only having one or two scenes and being used very little. I had high hopes for the antagonists but it looks like the only one that is developed and has good screentime is Ardyn.
I think this is a good post. Seems like alot of the characters where just there (Ravus,Verstal Ideolas to some extent) cause it was part of the old marketing of versus, like how you see all the characters lined up in the end of the e3 2013 trailer. Seems like some of the characters should of been cut cause they are just used in a scene or two (ravas and verstal are) and arent really important to the story. Seems like in Nomuras game he was going to devlop them in depth and that probably why he needed 3 games. Seems like Tabata cut alot form Nomuras script cause he probably could only fit the story of Nocits and Ardyn in it. Nomura was probably going to develop the supporting antagonists in depth and the reason he needed 3 games is that he couldnt do it in one cause he had such a long story to tell. This bums me out and it makes XV feel incomplete to me as opposed to the story we wouldve gotten originally. But I gave my theory on why this happend on my post on page 7. I just hope now the story of Noctis and Ardyn is well told at least which im hearing it is.
Yeah seems like the story aint too great, I heard the ending was powerful to some people at least. I think this will be a great game to me cause even if they didnt nail the story seems like they nailed the exploration and combat, also music is top tier too.
I don't think he lied, I think it was more a mistranslation issue. Tabata has gone back and forth on the NG+ topic, where he says it'll get added post release or its in the game already. I think what he keeps thinking is post game, that you can play after the end, which is what he keeps saying. There probably was massive confusion over this. Maybe it'll be added in an update though, would not mind a NG+ and a hard mode.
List of Tabata lies
- A gambit like system for your companions
- Luna being a party member
- Duscae being 1/10 of the overall map (iirc he specifically mentioned the Duscae region and not the portion you play in episode duscae)
- New game+ (will probably be added in)
- 40-50 hours just for the main quest alone (yes I know I'm stretching here but this gave out the impression of a meaty story when in reality the story can be done in 15-20 hours if just doing the main quest alone.)
- The "Eyes of expiring soul" thing was still being used in some marketing material despite the fact that aspect isn't in.
- Cutscenes being removed despite being the focus of some key trailers. This is common in all stuff but that doesn't mean it isn't misleading.
- Luna is a strong female character.
the IA of the game was compared to the gambit system, he said nothing about including in a similar way to FFXII
new game + he said in a recent interview it would be added as dlc
the eyes of the expiring souls was a mistake that only happened once, because they used an old description on the promotional material, the error was from the marketing team not tabata.
luna is a strong female character is so subjective, is kinda sad calling someone a liar because he didn't fit your ideal of "strong".
to the other assumptions, i don't have nothing to say, i agree the marketing was misleading at some parts.