Spoiler Impressions on NeoGAF

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
tbh my hype for the story is the same.

what i didnt like is how limited the exploration is on the second half (tenebrae not being explorable is a shame).

the marketing was misleading in some points, but i remember tabata saying in a recent interview that NG+ would be included via dlc.
Alot of stuff was scraped even from a trailer from last year(dawn trailer apparently dosent appear in the game)

Also the second half the the game seems to be a linear corridor the whole way through ala FF13

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
the marketing was misleading in some points, but i remember tabata saying in a recent interview that NG+ would be included via dlc.
I heard there is alot of post-game stuff, but yeah tons of misleading things by marketers, especially in world of wonder trailers and Tabata's words about story length.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I heard there is alot of post-game stuff, but yeah tons of misleading things by marketers, especially in world of wonder trailers and Tabata's words about story length.
Yes the story seems to be really short a friend of mine beat it in 18 hours and he even did some side stuff.

Edit: I think this user has me on ignore...

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
It seems like alot of villians were shafted like Ravus Idoleias and Verstal only having one or two scenes and being used very little. I had high hopes for the antagonists but it looks like the only one that is developed and has good screentime is Ardyn.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Source? Trying to find it.

Also NG+ bonus stills seems to exists going by this http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74405852

And:

Regarding the removal of the Dawn trailer, i wouldn't be surprised it was partly due to how many people hated the shit out of the two trailers lol.

I also disagree with the Tenebrae part, at least marketing wise cause it was never promised (to my knowledge) that you could explore it. Would have been nice to, though.

For the hour completion thing, maybe it probably wasn't for the best to give out variables considering one time Nomura claimed Dream Drop Distance could be beaten in 35 hours (https://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/...-hearts-3d-takes-around-35-hours-to-complete/) despite several players hitting less than 20.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
upload_2016-11-25_19-2-37.png

I think this is a good post. Seems like alot of the characters where just there (Ravus,Verstal Ideolas to some extent) cause it was part of the old marketing of versus, like how you see all the characters lined up in the end of the e3 2013 trailer. Seems like some of the characters should of been cut cause they are just used in a scene or two (ravas and verstal are) and arent really important to the story. Seems like in Nomuras game he was going to devlop them in depth and that probably why he needed 3 games. Seems like Tabata cut alot form Nomuras script cause he probably could only fit the story of Nocits and Ardyn in it. Nomura was probably going to develop the supporting antagonists in depth and the reason he needed 3 games is that he couldnt do it in one cause he had such a long story to tell. This bums me out and it makes XV feel incomplete to me as opposed to the story we wouldve gotten originally. But I gave my theory on why this happend on my post on page 7. I just hope now the story of Noctis and Ardyn is well told at least which im hearing it is.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318973&page=60

"Here are my top 5 FFs in no specific order.

FFVII
FFX
FFIV
FFIX
FFXV"

"Despite the bad story, I actually consider it the best FF lol"
Yeah seems like the story aint too great, I heard the ending was powerful to some people at least. I think this will be a great game to me cause even if they didnt nail the story seems like they nailed the exploration and combat, also music is top tier too.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Heads up about impressions, your quality parameters may or may not match with theirs. This applies for both positive and negative impressions. Don't take their words as final.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I just found out theres no new game plus.....
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-...s-no-loading-screens-yes-new-game-plus-525002
Looks like Tabata lied....
I don't think he lied, I think it was more a mistranslation issue. Tabata has gone back and forth on the NG+ topic, where he says it'll get added post release or its in the game already. I think what he keeps thinking is post game, that you can play after the end, which is what he keeps saying. There probably was massive confusion over this. Maybe it'll be added in an update though, would not mind a NG+ and a hard mode.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225468558&postcount=3393

"That ending was actually pretty darn great. The feels were hit. And god if they were able to execute everything beforehand better then it could have been the best ending to a FF or even gaming."

another praising the ending, so far didn't see anyone who finished the game hating it but the opposite.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225466139&postcount=3310

"This might feel premature for now but I feel confident in saying that this is going to be the best post-game in any FF."

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74624529
List of Tabata lies
- A gambit like system for your companions
- Luna being a party member
- Duscae being 1/10 of the overall map (iirc he specifically mentioned the Duscae region and not the portion you play in episode duscae)
- New game+ (will probably be added in)
- 40-50 hours just for the main quest alone (yes I know I'm stretching here but this gave out the impression of a meaty story when in reality the story can be done in 15-20 hours if just doing the main quest alone.)
- The "Eyes of expiring soul" thing was still being used in some marketing material despite the fact that aspect isn't in.
- Cutscenes being removed despite being the focus of some key trailers. This is common in all stuff but that doesn't mean it isn't misleading.
- Luna is a strong female character.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the IA of the game was compared to the gambit system, he said nothing about including in a similar way to FFXII
new game + he said in a recent interview it would be added as dlc
the eyes of the expiring souls was a mistake that only happened once, because they used an old description on the promotional material, the error was from the marketing team not tabata.
luna is a strong female character is so subjective, is kinda sad calling someone a liar because he didn't fit your ideal of "strong".

to the other assumptions, i don't have nothing to say, i agree the marketing was misleading at some parts.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I asked the same thing about Stella.
I think its absolutely fine if people got attached to a character that they love, can't blame them.

But what exactly good about "eyes that see a light of expiring souls" its some definition of good writing or good plot material? :D I don't think so honestly!

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Noctis was seen sleeping alot in previous trailers, seems like they cut that out of the game. The problem I have is that alot of stuff was cut from the original script and we will never get to see it. Its evident in the final game cause alot of stuff happens offscreen. And alot of characters dont get good screentime.